Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th July 2016, 11:52   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Just returned from my trip to Leh. It will take a while to write about the trip.

In summary I am extremely happy with my Varaiaadu.
Sir, I have been waiting for this review to come up. Thanks for the summary.

I think it will put a lot of skepticism to rest for people who are planning to buy the Himalayan.

Awaiting the detailed one.
Jude300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 17:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Power Above 13,000 feet it sucks, literally. At the passes it was gasping for power and one was gasping. Another 7 to 10 bhp would be wonderful to have at those altitudes
A very important update, thanks for sharing. I remember reading that RE tested these bikes with the stock carb till 12,000 feet and it ran without any issue. Performance above 12k was always a question mark for me and your update helps

More than power, fuel injection will completely sort this issue. Hopefully, the FI version should be available by early next year
Urban_Nomad is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 18:01   #93
BHPian

Default Royal Enfield Himalayan - Initial Ownership Report

[quote=arulpeem;4024161]Just returned from my trip to Leh. It will take a while to write about the trip.

Way to go arulpeem.

Great great news. Now the bike is officially Leh'd. Good know that everything held up well and whatever is amiss RE is really taking care based on the feedback. The pioneers will rough it out like they always do and the thrill of being amongst the first few to own a Himalayan compensates.

I've been doing a bit of rough riding on my own near Rishikesh and the bike doesn't even squeak. Built like a Gun I say. Let's see how I do on my planned trips to New Tehri and Char Dham route once the rains abate.

Last edited by ShellZee : 30th July 2016 at 18:20.
ShellZee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 09:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
We covered a distance of just less than 1600 KMs in eight days of riding with a few days of breaks in between.
Eagerly looking forward to your travel report, I am sure that it was a ride to remember. My facebook feed threw up some pictures today of a group of RE riders in the Himalayas (mostly Himalayans). I recognized Sunny from SPG, was that your same riding group?
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 11:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
More than power, fuel injection will completely sort this issue. Hopefully, the FI version should be available by early next year
Honestly it should not be a big deal to pack in more air to the mixture
A simple clockwise turn by a 1/4 should be good. If still no go then another 1/4. Once back to the plains an anti-clockwise roll back to its original position should not be a tedious task.

Anyways it depends on the person and his mentality coupled with the capability to do such minor tasks.
ku69rd is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 14:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Eagerly looking forward to your travel report, I am sure that it was a ride to remember. My facebook feed threw up some pictures today of a group of RE riders in the Himalayas (mostly Himalayans). I recognized Sunny from SPG, was that your same riding group?
Hi Neil, Yes it is the same group. We are working on a report. But in the meanwhile during this weekend I will post photographs. Have been travelling during weekends ever since I returned from the trip.
arulpeem is online now   Reply With Quote