Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd May 2017, 18:00   #106
BHPian

Default Re: My Pre-Worshipped Honda CBR250R. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Thank you!
It is a pre-worshipped (BHPian's) KTM Duke 390
Congratulations Prasanna, looking forward to your ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Prasanna, congrats on the new acquisition. In my 35k kms of ownership, duke 390 has been very unreliable. It has always left me stranded whenever I take my bike out. Every time I hit the highway, tires get punctured, engine had fallen from the bike more than thrice, once even the piston came out and hit a fellow biker, luckily he survived since the piston is of low quality. The list goes on but KTM covered everything under warranty! I'm thinking of going back to cbr 250r. Your views would be appreciated.
The reputed build quality of KTMs is so bad that it really is hard to tell whether you are trying to be sarcastic or if these things actually happened to you!
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:26   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The reputed build quality of KTMs is so bad that it really is hard to tell whether you are trying to be sarcastic or if these things actually happened to you!
Yes, after 35k kms of riding the duke, i feel the bike has terrible build quality, just terrible. This bike is a domestically maufactured missile, which can kill someone, not with the power but the piston. Man, If you felt my post to be sarcastic, kudos. If not, then double kudos !
nitninja is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 09:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
If I get in little deeper here, things are 100% sure to turn ugly, so I left that part of R&D to folks whoever are interested to find that
Doesnt look like the intention was to simply say spares are not an issue. Even now you claim that spares prices are cheaper or costlier for reasons only you know, You should enlighten than make a blanket statement.

Please read post above for your R&D seems half baked to assume it will turn ugly and for bhp sake start typing CBR and not CPR. I hope we are talking about CBR
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote