Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th June 2006, 12:13   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Yes it was Fuches Silkolene & it matches the P180 requirement to the 'T' used it for around 10-12k on my P180. Its a good engine oil better than what BAL used to put but then I found Power 1 to be better.

@revtech: Sorry Dude still havent check with pro biking here :( will let you know as & when I know
HOw much would power 1 cost and is it 20W50 one? ANd what oil change intervals do you recommend?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 13:56   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
HOw much would power 1 cost and is it 20W50 one? ANd what oil change intervals do you recommend?
No its 15w30. Dont remeber the price now. I use to change oil anywhere between 1500kms(If i have been ripping her to frequently) to 1800kms(normal usage). This really works good for engine atleast the last I rode mine was the smoothest 180 I had ridden
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 00:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

so techno even though Fuches Silkolene oil matches all the requirements you still prefer power 1 ?

and also have you tried elf.i think its decent.

and let me know as and when you can about the oil the pro bikiing service centre in pune uses.

Thanx
Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 09:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Silkolene was thick & hence the bike was very smooth But Power 1 made the bike more rev happy which was not the case with Silkolene also to compensate this less thick oil I used to change Power 1 slightly earlier than Silkolene i.e. the change interval for Silkolene was around 1800kms to 2000kms while for Power1 it was from 1500kms to 1700kms. Infact once I had ripped my bike continuesly for three days on ghats & different terrains & at that time I had changed the oil at just 700 kms although the mech said the oil will still go atleast another 500 kms I just couldnt keep the oil with which I had ripped by babe

So I believe you should change as per your usage & not just by the recomended inteval because that interval is given keeping in mind average usage or for an average rider i.e. for mass.

No I never tried elf & yeah will get back to you with pro biking thing, very sorry for the delay man.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

i dont know how but some how water is entering my headlight.i noticed this because the other day while cleaning my bike i noticed a small leaf stuck inside.and my head light has never been opened or anything and it wasnt there before so if thats inside obiously means water is seaping in some how.

what should i do about this.should i get the head light replaced ??

Rev
Old 3rd July 2006, 16:08   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what should i do about this.should i get the head light replaced ??
Check the 3 screws which hold the lens in place. It could just be that one of them worked its way loose and allowed the leaf inside.

Knowing Bajaj service, I doubt they would replace it without giving you the runabout.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

ok rtech will do that.thanx a lot !!
Old 13th July 2006, 20:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

it appears that water is going entering from the top and coming out from down.luckily its not filling in the headlight so atleast its not that bad.

any way 2030 kms done and no serious problems till now.just a few small ones like some squeaking noise comes from the seat on bumps.a few areas showing signs of rust but nothing major.should be taking it for the 2nd service some time next week so lets see how it goes then.

i touched 100 a couple of times didnt want to go more at that time.i will check out the top whack next time i have a chance.but at 100 it didnt feel it would go much more.so lets see about that.also i wanted to know for how many minutes can i ride at 100+ for considering my bike is relattively new.

which oil should i use 20W40 mak4t or 20W40 elfmoto4.both meet the specifications that are needed for the bike except both are 20W40 oil and the 180 needs 20W50.im asking this question as there is no 20W50 oil available so just wanted to know hich ones better mak or elf.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 13th July 2006 at 20:12.
Old 15th July 2006, 04:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

when everything was going well something just had to go wrong !!

i had an accident yesterday in the evening at haji ali.i was riding normally in the 2nd lane and in the first lane there was an indica or something.just them one qualis came in the first lane and i guess he wanted to overtake the indica so he started honking.the indica didnt move so he thought hed cut me and overtake the indica from the left but the fool misjudged everything and nudged me on the side we were both at a speed of around 55 kmph so even i slight nudge would cause a biker to lose control but that wasnt it he nudged me and then went back to his lane again came and nudged me n then he realized so he slammed the brakes.but the road curves towards the right so instead of breakin in his own lane he came into mine .all this while i was still tryin to regain control from the two nudges but when this guys braked he actually rammed into me from the side and i lost it. and the bike fell and i was dragged with it for about 20 meteres.

i was with a friend who slipped off the bike and didnt get dragged with me.the moment he got up he saw the qualis guy slowing down and then jus speeding off.that guy didnt even hav the decency to stop and offer help.unforttunately we couldn get the number as he was too far.both of us just suffered a few bruises and i have a few friction burns but nothing major.no broken bone.Thank God for that.

bike isnt that bad either the chrome cover of the exhaust is slightly dented and so is the leg gaurd.front head light badly scratched but not broken and as usual handle brake lever and foot pegs are grazed.but my major concern is tht i saw some oil coming out from the front shocks..

i just wanted to know how much would it cost me for a new headlight and tht silencer cover (where its written exhuastec ) and what should be done about the suspension.its due for service so when i can ride again ill take it and get everything checked.

will post pics in a day or two...

ride safe guys
Rev

Last edited by revtech : 15th July 2006 at 04:31.
Old 15th July 2006, 16:04   #70
Awaiting Email Confirmation

man are you ok.take care. tthese bloody ******* who hit and run should be caught and killed
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 20:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, Im so sorry to hear of accident, revtech. Some *******s who dont deserve to drive are let loose in qualises to threaten us bikers.

Hope you are up and running soon, and hope not too much damage happened to the bike.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 20:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

So sorry dude... Atleast ur alrite.

Dude, replace all those parts that are damaged if u plan on insurance. Otherwise, change everything u want, but i guess the silencer will be on the expensive side.

And are u sure its oil, cuz even petrol has chances to leak if the bike is dropped, right guys?
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 20:50   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

maybe the forks got bend/ or the oil seal may have gone. Check it too.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 20:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

its the oil for sure leaking slightly will get it checked when i take it for service
Old 16th July 2006, 03:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Oh man, Im so sorry to hear of accident, revtech. Some *******s who dont deserve to drive are let loose in qualises to threaten us bikers.

Hope you are up and running soon, and hope not too much damage happened to the bike.

thanx dude.the bike isnt damaged very badly just a few scratches and dents.but nothing major except for the front forks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
So sorry dude... Atleast ur alrite.

Dude, replace all those parts that are damaged if u plan on insurance. Otherwise, change everything u want, but i guess the silencer will be on the expensive side.

And are u sure its oil, cuz even petrol has chances to leak if the bike is dropped, right guys?
thanx dude.feelin a bit better now.I dont think ill be claiming insurance but yeah if i do i defintly will replace everything.nothing has happened to the silencer only the cover is dented and scratched.its not petrol for sure its oil from the front shocks.

Rev