Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th September 2016, 18:35   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Have you been doing much riding in the rains? The bulb turned out to be the culprit as its sockets were corroded.

I'd suggest you take a look at the major sockets and connectors and fuses as well. Some people did face the issue of their Himalayan shutting down randomly, which was resolved by replacing the main fuse.
Yup, though not much but I have taken the bike in the recent rains. I ll do the suggested check myself first. Thanks for the info.
Jude300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 12:06   #47
BHPian

I took my bike for checking a couple of things last week.

1. Hard clutch lever
They have solved this now. They have checked the clutch plate and found no issues there. However one small fix has remarkably sorted out the issue. The clutch cable comes tired along with other cables below the handle bar. They just let clutch cable untied and now its much easier. They had adjusted the clutch play as well.

2. Seepage of oil from RHS engine case:
There was very little oil seepage from the right engine case. They have now put a new bleeding and paste and it's fixed now.

3. Engine cut-off while running:
I had reported that the bike stalls while running. They have checked the wiring harnesses. No stalling since Friday.

4. Low beam not working:
The filament had gone kaput and they replaced the bulb free of cost. I insisted them to dig in to the root cause of the bulb going kaput so soon. They said they have checked everything and all is fine.

5. Hard gear shifts:
Nothing much has changed here. Still the shifts are hard in city traffic. On long drives on highway which I did during the weekend the shifts are smooth and easy.

I received the crash guard from the guy in Cochin and installed them today at the ASC.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870932262.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870960690.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870981628.jpg

I also installed the heel guard ₹263

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871249933.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871740570.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871081577.jpg  

Last edited by Jude300 : 26th September 2016 at 12:15.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 19:44   #48
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home

Hello Jude,

Thanks for sharing your ownership experience thread. As a new owner of Himalayan I found the thread immensely useful to go over! Please keep sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
- fuel indicator drops quickly post the half mark disproportionate to the miles covered
I am seeing this issue now in my bike. Fuel indicator is showing almost empty and in red. But the fuel knob is not yet turned around for reserve. Did the RE service center manage to fix this issue? I am hoping at least the reserve fuel knob works as expected as the fuel indicator clearly doesn't.
trishul is offline   Reply With Quote