Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th July 2016, 15:30   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Hi Rajiv, Congratulations for being a proud owner of this amazing machine!!

I think you bought it from Kings Baner Road, what is the time you have to wait from the time of booking?

Thanks Sid, wait times have changed since I booked. I heard they vary between 2-3 months depending on colour / cancellations. I had to wait a little under 2 months as I didn't want to take delivery from the first lot
Rajiv0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 12:32   #47
BHPian

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan Toureview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Thanks Vijay, very valid questions!

So the bad news is, the bag sits like an inch above the exhaust when fully loaded (8-10 kgs weight). Which may or may not be a problem, however, I couldn't dare the risk of frying the bag to test the scenario. Instead, I placed my bets on this stunt and got the rack created.
Can you please share a few closeup pics of the rack that you have created? I am looking at buying a saddle bag with good capacity to be used with pillion seat and there doesnt seem to be many options left without doing something like what you have done.

Your pics will help people like me to replicate your solution. Thanks,
Jude300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 12:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Can you please share a few closeup pics of the rack that you have created? I am looking at buying a saddle bag with good capacity to be used with pillion seat and there doesnt seem to be many options left without doing something like what you have done.

Your pics will help people like me to replicate your solution. Thanks,

While I will post them soon, I know that many such saddlebag stays are now available in the market. For ex: Big bear customs from Bangalore has a neat option for just 1600 bucks. I also know of this fabricator from Mumbai who has replicated the RE pannier rack design. There are some obvious issues with that design but if you are interested, I can share his number with you
Old 29th July 2016, 13:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I am looking at buying a saddle bag with good capacity to be used with pillion seat
Though my Viaterra Claw Mini works perfectly on the Himalayan and doesn't touch the exhausts, it is for solo use only. For saddle bags with pillion, you can go for something like this which is tailor made for the Himalayan -
http://www.nh4motorheads.com/store/l...addlebags.html

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2016, 16:17   #50
BHPian

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan Toureview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
While I will post them soon, I know that many such saddlebag stays are now available in the market. For ex: Big bear customs from Bangalore has a neat option for just 1600 bucks. I also know of this fabricator from Mumbai who has replicated the RE pannier rack design. There are some obvious issues with that design but if you are interested, I can share his number with you
Hey Rajiv,

I leave for my ride to Himachal on the 8th of Sept. Voyage Motors here in Mumbai has been stating that the accessories for the Himalayan are coming for more than a month now. The ETA has changed from July end to Aug end and there are no concrete answers as yet. Can you please share the contact details of the fabricator in Mumbai and also Big Bear customs with me as I really need the saddle bag stays to be mounted on my bike by next weekend.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 08:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Hey Rajiv,

I leave for my ride to Himachal on the 8th of Sept. Voyage Motors here in Mumbai has been stating that the accessories for the Himalayan are coming for more than a month now. The ETA has changed from July end to Aug end and there are no concrete answers as yet. Can you please share the contact details of the fabricator in Mumbai and also Big Bear customs with me as I really need the saddle bag stays to be mounted on my bike by next weekend.

Sent you these details over PM. All the best for your Himachal trip