Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th June 2016, 05:02   #1
BHPian

Default Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service

Royal Enfield has started a nationwide Road side Assistance (RSA) service for its burgeoning community of motorcyclists.
It is through a third party service provider which is a common practice across automobile industry.
The RSA services include support for Out of Fuel, Locked out, Breakdown, Towing, Punctures, Battery trouble and Medical support.
In all cases, if the bike cannot be fixed on the spot, it will have transported to the nearest RE ASC. The transportation will be free upto100 kms. Also RE will bear the cost for its technician's travel and labour for a road side repair. Ofcourse the spare parts costs have to be borne by the owner. I was a bit surprised about the labour cost bit but then there are only a handful of things that you can fix by a road side repair so it's a calculated risk by RE.
The RSA can be availed by all RE owners during riding incidents only (no home services) by calling toll free on 1800 210 0007.
It is a welcome move by RE and also in line with their declared goal to attract first time riders as new customers. For a brand which commands a cult like following inspite of its quirky product quality & inconsistent ownership experience, this move along with the newly opened ASC in Leh-Ladakh is sign of positive change. It also acts as a feeder to its fast growing network of ASCs.
RE currently stands at No. 3 in JD power rankings for Customer Satisfaction behind TVS & Suzuki.
shaikhmimran is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 12:29   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Royal Enfield has started a nationwide Road side Assistance (RSA) service for its burgeoning community of motorcyclists.
It is through a third party service provider which is a common practice across automobile industry.
The RSA services include support for Out of Fuel, Locked out, Breakdown, Towing, Punctures, Battery trouble and Medical support.
In all cases, if the bike cannot be fixed on the spot, it will have transported to the nearest RE ASC. The transportation will be free upto100 kms. Also RE will bear the cost for its technician's travel and labour for a road side repair. Ofcourse the spare parts costs have to be borne by the owner. I was a bit surprised about the labour cost bit but then there are only a handful of things that you can fix by a road side repair so it's a calculated risk by RE.
The RSA can be availed by all RE owners during riding incidents only (no home services) by calling toll free on 1800 210 0007.
It is a welcome move by RE and also in line with their declared goal to attract first time riders as new customers. For a brand which commands a cult like following inspite of its quirky product quality & inconsistent ownership experience, this move along with the newly opened ASC in Leh-Ladakh is sign of positive change. It also acts as a feeder to its fast growing network of ASCs.
RE currently stands at No. 3 in JD power rankings for Customer Satisfaction behind TVS & Suzuki.
Now this is what I call a truly dedicated company that not only understands the market to sell the bikes but also caters to the after sales problems. This definitely comes under premium category of ASS.

It surely may be a marketing ploy to increase sales but as from the customer point of view, this level of service inspires a lot of confidence in me about the brand.

RE is evolving !! - I am happy
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 11:39   #3
BHPian

This is a really good move by RE and with the increasing number of bikes they're selling, it is a must-have.
farhadtarapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 12:03   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service

WOW RE! They should have thought of this long ago. Better late than never, good to know this information shaikhmimran.
Few months back clutch cable of my Classic 350 broke (Thanks to Bengaluru traffic) where I had to push this heavy machine close to 2KMS for replacing a single cable. This is when these road side assistance comes helpful/handy by many
abhayankara is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well I came to know about this last week when I had visited the RE Service Centre to buy some accessories. I was told by one of the service staff about the RSA service for RE motorcycles (Service not available for bikes older than 5 years). On enquiry I was told for the cost of RSA for bikes ageing from 1 to 3 years old was Rs.800 annual and for bikes ageing 3 to 5 years old was Rs.1000 annual.

I have opted for this service for my Tbird500 as I don't like fiddling with the EFi unit in case of a breakdown.

I believe the cost is justified given the coverage the RSA entails. It is also a welcome initiative from RE to instil confidence in their customers and making them feel secure in case of a breakdown with this service. I am attaching the fine print for everyone's reference here.

Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service-rsa.jpg

Note This service is not available for RE motorcycles more than 5 years old. DIY is the best route to go for bikes older than 5 years old.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 13th June 2016 at 12:23.
navin_v8 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 19:56   #6
BHPian

An awesome move by Royal Enfield.
How can I opt for this service?
I checked their website,there was no mention of it.
Abhishek3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 14:47   #7
BHPian

Good news !
Also, hoping soon RE will provide tubeless tyres/setup, that will solve one major road worry for the riders.
GetLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 14:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Now this is what I call a truly dedicated company that not only understands the market to sell the bikes but also caters to the after sales problems. This definitely comes under premium category of ASS.

It surely may be a marketing ploy to increase sales but as from the customer point of view, this level of service inspires a lot of confidence in me about the brand.

RE is evolving !! - I am happy
Emm, Honda has been offering the RSA for quite some time now for their 2 wheelers. Not sure about other manufacturers.

Anyways, good offering by RE.
abhishek46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 10:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

There is another good news associated with RE's new RSA service. New buyers will get this service free of cost for the first year coupled with RE's 2 year service warranty. Can new owners who have just bought their bike confirm this?

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/other...2R8?li=AAgg6KI

Kudos to RE for initiating this, in a way it will quell the perceptions and baggage many people have about RE's.
navin_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 21:25   #10

Last Saturday had to call RSA in Shimla when my one month young RE Thunderbird just died in the middle of the road, I tried to switch the key on & off but nothing shows on the display, neither the bike starts and it also started raining. I called RSA, whosoever received my phonecall was surprised to know that the RE has started RSA, politely he says that he will call me within 5 minutes, after 30 minutes I again call them, again they are surprised to know about RSA. It was raining and I was loosing patience, when I called third time, the guy knew that the RE has started RSA and ties up with Tapan Motors for the RSA, within 10 minutes I receive a call from Tapan Motors stating they will charge 16 INR per KM to & fro service station, I had to argue with them that the RSA is free for first year. Anyhow, RE customer care again calls me and asks if the problem has been solved, I told them the story narrated by Tapan motors asking for 19 INR per KM, he asks me to give the phone number from where I had received the call. After about 15 minutes I receive a call from Tapan motors asking for my location, it approximately took about 3 hours for the help. Nevertheless, the technician who came checked the bike thoroughly and recommended visiting RE Service centre for a thorough checkup.
pg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 13:45   #11
BHPian

Is the RSA provided by Royal Enfield or by any other third party agency? Is this service still available in Bangalore?
amitpatnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 14:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpatnaik View Post
Is the RSA provided by Royal Enfield or by any other third party agency? Is this service still available in Bangalore?
By RE itself. Seen a couple of mobile service vans in Chennai (Once in ORR and other one near Porur)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote