Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th July 2016, 12:58   #1
BHPian

Default Bajaj V Platform: More bikes coming up. EDIT, 125 cc Bajaj V12 announced!

After successfully launching the V15, Bajaj will now plonk 200cc and 400cc engines in the upcoming V series executive commuter motorcycles.

Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, Confirmed the November launch of next V series motorcycle. There will be a gap of 6 months before launching the subsequent V series motorcycle.

Bajaj is likely to continue using a fraction of metal derived from the INS Vikrant on the new V models’ fuel tanks.

As a result of this strategy, Bajaj said that V series would drive company's growth in the executive commuter space in next 2 years.

Sources:

http://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-v20-v4...-12200421.html

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle8791875.ece

Other observations:

As branding exercise, Bajaj released the INS Vikrant themed national anthem that is being telecast in theaters.

+

INS Vikrant Documentary released by Bajaj:

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 10th July 2016 at 13:18.
MunnabhaiMBBS is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 14:00   #2
BHPian

Default re: Bajaj V Platform: More bikes coming up. EDIT, 125 cc Bajaj V12 announced!

That documentary is brilliantly made.. Gave me goosebumps!
Gosu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 15:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Bajaj V Platform: More bikes coming up. EDIT, 125 cc Bajaj V12 announced!

Yesterday I went to watch a movie at the local mall. National anthem was played before the movie while images of INS Vikrant where shown as a tribute. People were standing for the anthem and seemed quite irritated to learn that it was an advertisement in the end.

Trying to instill patriotism and take advantage of it!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 20:20   #4
BHPian

I always knew the V platform had potential for bigger displacement and now that the design has found acceptance among buyers, it is but obvious that Bajaj will start milking the platform.
Waiting to see a V 40 with FI and ABS .
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 17:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj announces V12 125 cc commuter bike priced at Rs. 56,200

Bajaj Auto has announced a smaller sibling of the V15 motorcycle. Called the Bajaj V12, it will be powered by a 125 cc engine and is likely to be priced at Rs. 56,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The official launch and deliveries are expected to take place in the near future.

Powering the V12 will be Bajaj's 124.6 cc, single cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces around 11 BHP and 10.8 Nm of torque.

The V12 will be based on the same platform that underpins the V15. It will feature similar design cues as well. The new bike will also get a few traces of steel from the INS Vikrant warship - something that played a vital role in making the Bajaj V15 a success.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 29th November 2016 at 17:44.
dZired is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 15:50   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Bajaj V Platform: More bikes coming up. EDIT, 125 cc Bajaj V12 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The V12 will be based on the same platform that underpins the V15... traces of steel from the INS Vikrant warship - something that played a vital role in making the Bajaj V15 a success.
I'm somehow skeptical about "INS Vikrant" saga playing a major role in the success of V15. It was a masterstroke move to get attention to the bike, no doubt. But to sustain the sales you need more than that.

Personally I find the design cues of V15 appealing and had I been in the market for a bike this would have been the driving factor for getting a V15. Cherry on the cake would be the "patriotic" thing. Not the other way round.

So using the same ploy for the new bike is lame. You do the next gig, ain't it so?
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 10:25   #7
BHPian

Default Re: Bajaj V Platform: More bikes coming up. EDIT, 125 cc Bajaj V12 announced!

The Credible Source to this 125 cc model posted in the first postt is HinduBusinessline, which is from June 2016.

I have not come across any Official Announcement from Bajaj about any 125 cc variant of the "V". According to me its more of a speculation from our so called "Online Bloggers".

I wish Bajaj keeps the "V" platform at 150 cc and doesn't come down, as they themself have mentioned that the 150 cc engine was intentional since it gave the "V" a differentiating position against the likes of Honda Shine.

payeng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 10:34   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
According to me its more of a speculation from our so called "Online Bloggers".
As per various new articles, the launch has been confirmed by Bajaj Auto. Autocar India says it was confirmed by Eric Vas, the president of the motorcycle business for Bajaj.

I wouldn't suspect them since Bajaj always had a weakness for introducing multiple engine variants for all of their bikes.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 11:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As per various new articles, the launch has been confirmed by Bajaj Auto. Autocar India says it was confirmed by Eric Vas, the president of the motorcycle business for Bajaj.

I wouldn't suspect them since Bajaj always had a weakness for introducing multiple engine variants for all of their bikes.

If its true than I would say that Bajaj is still not learning from its past.

The V15 has made a promising start but it has still not cemented its place firmly, for which Bajaj should give it at least 2 years. The 125 cc V12 would just help bring down the V15's charm/appeal down.

Its sad, but I have to say that Bajaj has not learnt how to nurture and build a "Brand".

The Pulsars were just a lucky accident.

Last edited by payeng : 1st December 2016 at 11:16.
payeng is online now   Reply With Quote