Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th January 2017, 17:04   #46
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)

Sorry haven't actually updated pics of the complete bike yet. Have been using the RX100 as my daily ride to office for the past few months now. And I must say it's one of the best bikes to squeeze through traffic. The other best part is the functioning oil pump so you don't have to mix 2T oil everytime you fill fuel. The bike seems to be giving a good mileage - I am not able to check it since the speedometer is not connected. The mechanic was not able to connect the stock speedo cable from the RX speedometer to the Pulsar wheel. So not able to check the exact mileage.

Anyways time for some pics :

Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)-picsart_011204.57.22.jpg

Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)-picsart_011204.56.06.jpg

Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)-picsart_011204.55.09.jpg

Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)-picsart_011204.54.43.jpg

Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)-picsart_011204.53.51.jpg
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 17:15   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha RX100: Retro-Modern modifications (alloys, disc brake, suspension etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Have been using the RX100 as my daily ride to office for the past few months now. And I must say it's one of the best bikes to squeeze through traffic.

Anyways time for some pics :
Allen mate that's a nicely restored RX100. Which year model? (I am too lazy to check the model year on your posts )

Looks like a typical Allen's bike. Nice and clean while shining in all its glory.

Mate why didn't you opt for those flat round indicators that came as OEM. I fell it could have looked better. Also those shiny chrome wheels with wired spokes with chrome mudguards could've complemented the looks (But I know what a challenge it is for us Bombay'ites to maintain chrome in salty sea environment). Nevertheless your Yamaha RX100 looks good. Thanks for keeping the two stroke alive.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 12th January 2017 at 17:17.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 17:19   #48
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Navin !! The things I am planning to replace at a later stage are - the front mudguards, the headlights (closer to the speedo) and the exhaust. Indicators hmmmm I don't like the round ones because I feel they don't compliment the squarish look of the RX100 and I didn't want much chrome on the bike.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 17:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Navin !! The things I am planning to replace at a later stage are - the front mudguards, the headlights (closer to the speedo) and the exhaust. Indicators hmmmm I don't like the round ones because I feel they don't compliment the squarish look of the RX100 and I didn't want much chrome on the bike.
Well you can look at those rectangular indicators that used on come Hero Honda CD100. I was just thinking about how a black powder coated rim will go with chrome spokes. Just giving you some ideas.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 17:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic was not able to connect the stock speedo cable from the RX speedometer to the Pulsar wheel.
RX stock speedo cable can't be used with Pulsar worm gear, the ends are different (RX - Press type with separate lock, Pulsar - Screw type, same as the meter end) Get an Pulsar Classic / UG2 speedo cable.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 18:15   #51
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Well you can look at those rectangular indicators that used on come Hero Honda CD100. I was just thinking about how a black powder coated rim will go with chrome spokes. Just giving you some ideas.
Powder coated spoke wheels will definitely look good on the RX. But after going through all the trouble of sourcing and fitting these wheels - don't want to go back to spoke wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
RX stock speedo cable can't be used with Pulsar worm gear, the ends are different (RX - Press type with separate lock, Pulsar - Screw type, same as the meter end) Get an Pulsar Classic / UG2 speedo cable.
Thanks Boss! Let me check this option and see. So the Pulsar Classic cable will fit on both the ends?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 09:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the Pulsar Classic cable will fit on both the ends?
Yes.
Meter end follows standard and common across most of the vehicles. Only the wheel end differs from vehicle to vehicle.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote