Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th July 2016, 18:11   #16
BHPian

Default Re: June 2016: Two Wheeler Sales Figures and Analysis

The CBR 250R is still going so strong! Impressive figures and must say the bikes aged beautifully well. The R3 or even the Ninja 300 still clock double digits. And the CBR 650F...well, decent figures. Can't ask for more in that category. Sigh I'll have to wait until it does better numbers, so that we get some colour options.

I'm truly keen to see where the new CBR 250RR. & the 500 X will fit in. All in good time.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 19:05   #17
BHPian

Guess everyone missed Hero Karizma June 2016 numbers: 7

Sad to see the brand which started the "Entry Level - Premium bike" (yep that's an oxymoron) reduce to 7 bikes in a month.

payeng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 22:49   #18
BHPian

Wheres the numbers for the RC 390 and RC 200? Or is that integrated already?
bik1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 20:31   #19
BHPian

Thanks Rajeevraj for the numbers. As interesting as the Car sales thread !!

Just thought of putting together some reasons why the top 10 bikes/scooters might be selling.

Splendor/HF Deluxe/Passion/CT100 - Affordability/FE.
Activa/Jupiter - Versatility/Anyone in the family can use them.
XL Super - Utility.
Pulsar - Performance/Default choice in 150cc segment.
Couldn't figure out any solid reason for Glamour/Shine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Guess everyone missed Hero Karizma June 2016 numbers: 7

Sad to see the brand which started the "Entry Level - Premium bike" (yep that's an oxymoron) reduce to 7 bikes in a month.
Agreed ! Perfect example of "How to kill your flagship".
mayank0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:07   #20
BHPian

This is very interesting that Kawasaki is doing fantastic in the superbike segment. That too they only have 4 proper big bikes (z800, z1000, zx10/z1000, zx14r) with a ticket size much higher than Harley Davidson (16 models) with the Street 750 being the bread and butter and Iron 883 selling in good numbers. Compare this to Triumph (17 models) single digit sales apart from the new Bonnie. Suzuki (7 models) has seen a good uptake from Hayabusa sales going to double digits since they started local assembly and dropped the pricing.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 20:21   #21
BHPian

Where are the figures of Bajaj AS200? Am just curious
rockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 10:03   #22
BHPian

Not sure about CBR figures but at least in Mumbai, about 4 Honda dealers that I called up to ask if they have CBR250 (ABS) in stock, said "NO".
3 Yamaha showrooms said "NO" for test ride for R3.

2 KTM showrooms offered to come to my home or office with the D390 for a test ride. Royal Enfield had given me a big test ride.

With this attitude of the Honda and Yamaha dealers and the recent Kawasaki fiasco, I'm wondering what ails Jap bike dealers when it comes to their premium offerings. And AFAIK, CBR 300 and CBR 500 is not going to be launched in India anytime soon.
farhadtarapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Surprising to see Yamaha R15 selling 4K+ units. Being over priced with less hp and lots of option available across manufactures, this is surprising
If you think it is overpriced and that there are plenty of other options, you really need to take a look at it again:
  1. cheapest proper supersport available in India with the RC200 coming in atleast half a lac more expensive so there really aren't "lots of options available across manufacturers" because it is the only true sportbike in its segment
  2. Comes with a deltabox frame chassis (even the R3 makes do only with a commuterish diamon frame chassis)
  3. Nothing has it beat in terms of quality of construction
  4. Proven and reliable machine with absolutely no faults whatsoever
  5. Still looks smashing

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd September 2016 at 16:13.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
[*]Comes with a deltabox frame chassis (even the R3 makes do only with a commuterish diamond frame chassis)

I do agree with you that the R15 is not overpriced, but pretty good value at its current price.

However one correction on the frame part:

The Pulsar AS150/200, NS200 and RS200 also get the Perimeter / Beam / or as Yamaha prefers to call it, the "Deltabox" Frame.

payeng is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
I do agree with you that the R15 is not overpriced, but pretty good value at its current price.

However one correction on the frame part:

The Pulsar AS150/200, NS200 and RS200 also get the Perimeter / Beam / or as Yamaha prefers to call it, the "Deltabox" Frame.
I know they do and I was mentioning the perimeter frame as a top quality feature in a sportbike of its segment, considering lot of bikes including more expensive ones still use diamond frame or twin cradle frame construction. Afterall, it was only after the introduction of the NS200 with a perimeter frame that Bajaj Pulsars actually started handling well too I loved the R15 so much and was almost going to buy it but was put off by the ergonomics which suited shorter riders. At 6 feet tall, my legs felt very scrunched up on the bike. R3 was a big disappointment for me since it simply did not have what it takes IMO to sport the "R" moniker

PS: did anyone notice the sale of a KTM Duke 125 back in March? Is there a way by which you can specially order it through KTM dealerships or is this not a Duke and perhaps some kind of dirtbike? In which case I would still love to know more. It would be nice to see a split up of Pulsar NS, AS, RS, 180 sales and Duke and RC sales instead of having them all bunched up together.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd September 2016 at 16:59.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 10:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you think it is overpriced and that there are plenty of other options, you really need to take a look at it again:
  1. cheapest proper supersport available in India with the RC200 coming in atleast half a lac more expensive so there really aren't "lots of options available across manufacturers" because it is the only true sportbike in its segment
  2. Comes with a deltabox frame chassis (even the R3 makes do only with a commuterish diamon frame chassis)
  3. Nothing has it beat in terms of quality of construction
  4. Proven and reliable machine with absolutely no faults whatsoever
  5. Still looks smashing
Those are the reasons why I chose R15S 5 months ago and already crossed 12k kms. Quality is unbeatable and still searching for fault. Current version comes with excellent FE to boot
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote