Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th August 2016, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Meet Gamora: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post

At the end of the day, both are equally good, but I would buy a new R3 than a used Ninja.
The lack of ABS on either of these bikes is not a deterrent? The only reason I am thinking of going for D390 instead of R3 is due to ABS on the former.
farhadtarapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 12:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
The lack of ABS on either of these bikes is not a deterrent? The only reason I am thinking of going for D390 instead of R3 is due to ABS on the former.
Regarding the question asked by rascalangel and bikes considered (R3 vs Ninja only), ABS isnt available on either and hence I did not comment on ABS or D390.
For me, comfort, quality and reliability was the deterrent against D390.

Last edited by Aniket6 : 18th August 2016 at 12:45. Reason: missed a point
Aniket6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 14:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Dextertuned on the Ninja 300

Welcome to Team BHP and that was fantastic way to start your journey on the forum by starting your ownership thread with some seriously awesome pictures which clearly indicates that photography is either your first or second most lovable passion

N300 looks like a full fledged bike considering its seemingly 'Full' dimensions and the green as usual looks fabulous and is synonymous with Kawasaki. I rode the N250 for a bit and found it seriously lacking low-end grunt. Hope that was sorted in N300?

Btw, other than the nice write up and superb pictures, what caught my eye was the mention of one of my favorite songs "Turn the Page"

Btw, did you hear the original version by Bob Seger? If you haven't you should as I find this version slightly better due to Bob's haunting voice which is so "American"

My favorite para from this song :

Well, you walk into a restaurant all strung out from the road
And you feel the eyes upon you as you're shaking off the cold
You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode

IMO, above para was sung better by James than Bob. Do the comparison and let me know

Ok, enough of off-topic. Enjoy the Kwacker and ride safe !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th August 2016 at 14:18.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 14:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
PREFACE
An opportunity presents itself...

I was having a casual conversation with my friend at ADIGA Motors and he mentioned that he is planning for a new bike. I asked him about the 2014 Ninja 300 and he said that he was planning to sell it. It just has a couple of thousand KMs on it. I was caught off guard.

As much as I wanted that bike, I didn’t want to confirm anything immediately, without thinking it through. So I took the bike for a test-ride and asked him for some time to think on it. Point to be noted: I absolutely loved the bike. I had made up my mind. She was ‘The One’.

Attachment 1540707
Brilliant capitalising on the opportunity - its an absolute beauty you've got yourself and the comfort with a N.300 is that its one of those safe bets that you just can't go wrong with.

Can I please ask how much you paid for this bike? Thanks

Just useful to be able to benchmark similar products since there's relatively less data in public domain on premium bike sales. I've been scouting for some entry level 2nd hand bikes as well of late but never really felt inclined enough to definitely take the plunge.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 09:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the question asked by rascalangel and bikes considered (R3 vs Ninja only), ABS isnt available on either and hence I did not comment on ABS or D390.
For me, comfort, quality and reliability was the deterrent against D390.
ABS was never an issue for me. Though if it had been there on any of these bikes it would have been excellent. Though i had hots for ninja for a long time, R3 just stole my heart because of its looks (subjective i know!) and me considering it a spiritual successor to the legendary RD350. One doubt i always had and still have is pillion comfort. I have seen people on R15 v.2.0. and its . As for me the pillion would be my better half and since il be buying this as a leisure vehicle for weekend rides she will be there with me in most cases. So is the R3 pillion height and comfort better than R15?

Also people often quote servicing charges for Ninja as high as 19000? Really?
rascalangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 13:35   #21

Hi all! First of all, my apologies for replying so late. I was travelling. Just returned from Maldives. I'll try to answer your questions.

Quote:
@dextertuned,
Congratulations on the the Ninja, its an amazing bike. I have the R3 and love ...... installed, I get only 22 kmpl max!

Join us for a weekend ride sometime around Bangalore.
Thanks Aniket. I guess it might depend on the riding style too. The person who I bought the bike from also reported ~30 kmpl. I rarely go to 12k+ rpm. Maybe that could explain. Would love to join for a ride. Do PM me the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
There are really mouthwatering deals....A new Yamaha R3 costs around 3.8L. But as far as I have read the servicing costs and parts cost of Yamaha are way cheaper than a Ninja. I cant decide between going for a second hand Ninja 300 or a new Yamaha R3.

@Aniket6:
Since you like both and own the R3, what would be your advice for the above conundrum?
I agree. The servicing and parts for Yamaha are way cheaper compared to Ninja 300. This is due to the fact that all the parts are manufactured locally. The Ninja 300 on the other hand is C.B.U, hence the pricing.

I would suggest you ride both of them and take an informed decision. Also, the heart makes the first and last decision, so be careful

R3 is more flickable, has a modern cluster, slightly more powerful. N300 has slipper clutch, slightly bigger bike feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500HP View Post
@Dextertuned,
Many congratulations on your Ninja........How's the deal if i seal the deal for sub 3 lakhs? Your expertise opinion much appreciated.
Hey there! My 2 cents would be to prioritise what is more important for you, rather than try to find a better bike. These 2 bikes are extremely close when it comes to real world situations. On paper, they might look different but they are very very similar. Of course, the R3 is cheaper to maintain. In fact I'm sure it's going to sell much higher than the N300. But, for me, N300 was the right thing to do.

Please make sure that you don't go by the KMs run. It's very important to try and find out how the bike was ridden, if the servicing was on time, were there any previous issues.. stuff like that. Let me know if this helps and what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Dextertuned on the Ninja 300

Welcome to Team BHP and that was fantastic way to start your journey on the ........ some seriously awesome pictures which clearly indicates that photography.......... Hope that was sorted in N300?

Ok, enough of off-topic. Enjoy the Kwacker and ride safe !!!
Hello there! Fellow James fan. Yes, you guessed it right. I'm into photography. Just learning the tip and tricks.

Yes, the low-end torque issue is resolved to an extent. It's very ridable in city traffic. In fact, up to about 3-4k RPM, it just feels like a pulsar or something, but post 4k, or if you keep it above 4k always, its a whole new world! I've also changed to sprocket so that might help.

On a side note, yeah, James version is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Brilliant capitalising on the opportunity ....you just can't go wrong with....bikes as well of late but never really felt inclined enough to definitely take the plunge.
Thanks mate. Yeah, I knew what I was getting into with this bike. N300 does not seem to have a lot of issues. It's big bike styling, super refined engine, amazing gears are some of the things that got me addicted to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
ABS was never an issue for me. ....So is the R3 pillion height and comfort better than R15?
Also people often quote servicing charges for Ninja as high as 19000? Really?
Hey buddy. Since ABS is missing on both the R3 and the N300, I never bought it up in the comparison when I was deciding. Of course, it would have been nice to have it, specially since the Duke 390 provides it as standard issue.

As far as servicing is concerned, I will definitely update you guys after my next servicing. In contrast, my Vento 1.6 TDI servicing costs around 9k.

@all - Ok guys, thanks for all the wishes. Feel free to shoot any queries you might have. Until next time... cheers!
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 09:10   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hi, Can you please share how much your bike costed? I am on a lookout for an used Ninja 300, 2013 & later. What can be the good price to be considered? Most sellers quote 2.6-2.75.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 10:10   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hi, Can you please share how much your bike costed? I am on a lookout for an used Ninja 300, 2013 & later. What can be the good price to be considered? Most sellers quote 2.6-2.75.
Hi Prasanna! Sorry for the late reply. I was travelling and held up with work.
You can get a 2014 model for around 3 lakhs.
dextertuned is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 16:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hi Bro,

I have seen 2015 Ninja 300 done 7000 kms going for 2.45 here in Mumbai.

I had almost bought the bike but got myself a Repsol editon CBR250R instead.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 17:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
Hi Prasanna! Sorry for the late reply. I was travelling and held up with work.
You can get a 2014 model for around 3 lakhs.
https://www.olx.in/item/immaculate-c...-ID17c8jq.html

Check this out.... He is okay to bargain a little

Admin I am no way connected to this guy from the ad, just helping fellow teambhpian in his search, if not allowed, kindly delete.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote