Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd October 2016, 10:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Mahindra Mojo Tourer Edition launched at Rs. 1.89 lakh

Mahindra Two Wheelers has launched a Tourer Edition of the Mojo motorcycle. As the name suggests, this special edition is aimed at touring enthusiasts. Mahindra has given it added accessories for touring purposes. The bike is priced at Rs. 1,88,850 (ex-showroom, Delhi), which is around Rs. 19,000 more than the regular Mojo.

Pre-installed accessories on the Mojo Tourer Edition include a 13-litre magnetic tank bag that is held in place with 4 rare-earth magnets, saddle bags that cumulatively account for 38 litres of storage capacity, and a mobile holder with 360-degree rotational adjustment. A front guard has been added to protect the fuel tank, radiator and engine. There are matte black powder-coated pannier mounts at the back to carry luggage on long distance trips, and 20W foglamps have been added on both sides of the headlamp.

Mahindra is also offering a tourer jacket as an introductory benefit to customers of the Mojo Tourer Edition. Mechanically, no changes have been made to the bike. It continues to be powered by a 295 cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 27 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 30 Nm of torque @ 5,500 rpm.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 2822
Size:  49.9 KB

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 3rd October 2016 at 11:06.
dZired is online now   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 12:54   #2

Instead of all these bundled features which everyone can add as after market accessories I personally would have preferred ABS atleast as an option. Mahindra is getting it all wrong again I guess.
augustinepaul4u is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 20:41   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Mojo Tourer Edition launched at Rs. 1.89 lakh

Very true. All of these items are add-on aftermarket parts. These area easily found in the local bike stores. Mahindra should seriously think of introducing a range of custom/ tailor made accessories for the Mojo. Just like what Royal Enfield is offering for their mighty Himalayan. The aluminum panniers, add on water/fuel tanks etc. This move from Mahindra looks like a half cooked one.
aruncheloor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 14:43   #4
BHPian

Hi,

The accessories are tailor made for the bike. There are Gloves, Jackets, boots, riding pants (all courtesy TBG i believe) Tank bags, saddle bags, panniers, phone mount and charger and a better seat cover material which adds a bit of firmness for those long hours. As far as fuel is concerned, with a 21 liter tank, i do not believe extra lugging of fuel is required.

The only thing i would want is a windscreen/visor, which they are working on. Unlike other manufacturers, these guys are A-OK when it comes to owners modding the vehicles quite a bit

Regards
octy9833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 20:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Hi,

The accessories are tailor made for the bike. There are Gloves, Jackets, boots, riding pants (all courtesy TBG i believe) Tank bags, saddle bags, panniers, phone mount and charger and a better seat cover material which adds a bit of firmness for those long hours. As far as fuel is concerned, with a 21 liter tank, i do not believe extra lugging of fuel is required.

The only thing i would want is a windscreen/visor, which they are working on. Unlike other manufacturers, these guys are A-OK when it comes to owners modding the vehicles quite a bit

Regards
The end result so far doesn't seem too convincing though..

... it doesn't matter how diligently one tries.. in the end it's whether one is able to convince the customer...

Even if it's just a cosmetic makeover
payeng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 10:14   #6
BHPian

Possible

But apart from a lack of ABS (which is due next year), i cannot identify a large number of issues with it. I own one from 3 months, and i am quite satisfied. The level of service support is much higher, at least in Bangalore. Adding to the deal is a warranty + extended warranty package that goes for 82000 Kms (which the only other manufacturer that offers on bikes is Honda.).

Though the model as such may not be accepted in general, i believe due credit should be given for the effort, and the overall outcome. Have to wait and see. Though the exclusivity that this vehicle offers is priceless

Regards
octy9833 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 01:32   #7

I am thinking of buying this bike since i really liked the exhaust note and unlike general perception i liked the the unique looks of the bike. However i am a bit concerned about the overall build quality of the bike.
Please suggest if i should buy MOJO or Thunderbird. Really confused!!!
samoka91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 02:28   #8

Mojo is definitely a modern tourer with exceptional touring capabilities but unless and until Mahindra comes up with ABS(which they definitely will) it can't have that edge over RE which has this cult following.
augustinepaul4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 04:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoka91 View Post
I am thinking of buying this bike since i really liked the exhaust note and unlike general perception i liked the the unique looks of the bike. However i am a bit concerned about the overall build quality of the bike.
The build quality of this bike is great, love the sturdiness of the bike. This bike loves to be toured upon. This is far ahead in terms of quality than Thunderbird.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoka91 View Post
Not sure whether you have made the decision. Buying RE is a pure heart decision. The moment you put your head, you will not buy an RE. I have been riding an RE for more than 10 years. Its a great bike for initial 3-4 years, but once it starts aging, it starts to fall apart. You really need to be in love with it and keep pampering to keep it in good condition. In the starting of this year, I bought a Hero Hunk for my city commute needs. RE is just not reliable enough. I have kept it only for long rides and occasional rides in town on days with less traffic.

Whatever I have read and observed from others, Mojo seems to be far better built than a RE. However, only time will tell how well it ages but I am sure it would be better than a RE.
ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 12:05   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
RE is just not reliable enough. I have kept it only for long rides
I didn't understand. It's not reliable, but you've kept it for long rides??

As an aside, I'm also looking to replace my Thunderbird 500 with a more "reliable" bike. Waiting for the new Duke to launch...
farhadtarapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 12:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
I didn't understand. It's not reliable, but you've kept it for long rides??

As an aside, I'm also looking to replace my Thunderbird 500 with a more "reliable" bike. Waiting for the new Duke to launch...
Was waiting for this question. For long rides, I have time to plan and get everything fixed and since we ride in a group, assistance is always around; also after a decade kind of know how to fix few things in case of a breakdown. But riding every day for office and back and other work, I don't have the confidence.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote