Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th October 2016, 17:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default EagleRider: US-based Motorcycle Rental firm comes to India

Famous US-based Motorcycle rental firm, EagleRider, has officially marked its Indian entry with the opening of its first franchise in New Delhi. Originally launched in the US in 1992, EagleRider has now spread its branches to various countries across the globe. The firm deals in high-end, luxury bike rentals.

The EagleRider store in New Delhi is located at the Golf Course Road in Sector 56, Gurgaon. The store will be offering bike rentals to domestic as well as international travelers. Customers can simply rent the self-drive motorcycles, or can even opt for pre-determined guided tours offered by the company. EagleRider also offers tailor-made adventure holidays within India and neighbouring countries like Nepal, Bhutan, and Myanmar.

Currently, the motorcycle fleet available for being rented includes bikes from Harley Davidson, Triumph and Royal Enfield. The motorcycles can either be rented on a daily basis, or even for longer duration trips. The company is also offering an option for long-distance travelers to take a region-specific tour guide, a chase van, and a spare bike.

Every customer renting a bike gets a free open face DOT approved helmet. You can also rent other safety riding gear, cameras, and GPS. Bikes being rented for longer trips can be equipped with saddle bags as well.

EagleRider: US-based Motorcycle Rental firm comes to India-unnamed.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 17th October 2016 at 17:47.
dZired is offline   (18) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 10:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: EagleRider: US-based Motorcycle Rental firm comes to India

Very happy to see an organised player enter what has largely been a fragmented segment.

EagleRider has a good reputation and their reviews on Yelp / TripAdvisor etc. reflect that.

If they come to Bombay, they'll have my business. I think Superbike rentals make a lot of sense, especially for those who love big bikes, but can't own one (like me ).

The brand should have been better prepared though. The only prices I see on their website are in USD.

Wishful thinking - I hope more companies come out with Supercar Rentals too. There was a nice firm in Bombay, but it shut down - link (Club Torque : Drive a Super Car in India *without* owning one)
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 11:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very happy to see an organised player enter what has largely been a fragmented segment.

EagleRider has a good reputation and their reviews on Yelp / TripAdvisor etc. reflect that.

If they come to Bombay, they'll have my business. I think Superbike rentals make a lot of sense, especially for those who love big bikes, but can't own one (like me ).

The brand should have been better prepared though. The only prices I see on their website are in USD.

Wishful thinking - I hope more companies come out with Supercar Rentals too. There was a nice firm in Bombay, but it shut down - link (Club Torque : Drive a Super Car in India *without* owning one)
You can change the currency on the top, though i guess it is a direct conversion. I think they have stuck to USD as global currency, once i selected in INR and logged back it showed me prices in INR(guess it stored my selection in cache)

Around 5800 for Iron 883 for a day is not bad at all.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 12:39   #4
BHPian

I've actually rented a Triumph Tiger for a quick 2 day trip around the Bay area in 2014 and was quite happy overall. Their prices are great and service is top notch!

Big Sur, Triumph Tiger 800
EagleRider: US-based Motorcycle Rental firm comes to India-11041826_10152538643290876_4140704323033975356_n.jpg

It's not just about not being able to afford a superbike, after owning the Street Triple for over 2 years and not getting a chance to ride it much the renting option just makes more sense. This is quite evident when you see the amount of Tigers for sale in the market. I recently concluded a similar much longer trip on an S1000XR and am a firm believer that renting is here to stay and is going to become much bigger.

The only thing they need to be careful of and put systems in place is for weekend joyriders who might ending up hurting themselves on these powerful machines. It's been more than once that I've seen whatsapp forwards of people killing themselves while trying to show off on rentals in India.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 10:25   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
It's not just about not being able to afford a superbike, after owning the Street Triple for over 2 years and not getting a chance to ride it much the renting option just makes more sense.
So true! I frequently see Superbikes on the classifieds with an average running of barely 1,000 km per year. For owners like these, rentals make a whole lot of sense. Key advantage = riding a different beast every time.

Quote:
The only thing they need to be careful of and put systems in place is for weekend joyriders who might ending up hurting themselves on these powerful machines
Dangerous for sure. Plus, for rental companies, there's the risk of the renter letting 5 of his friends have joyrides.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 11:32   #6
BHPian

Their website displays only cruisers. No sportsbikes, street bikes, sports tourers! ☹️
aamateen46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 18:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

EagleRider India starts academy for women riders

US-based motorcycle rental firm - EagleRider, made its Indian debut last month. The company has now started a motorcycle training academy, exclusively for women riders in the country. This new women-only academy aims at promoting the love for riding in India's female riders. It is providing a platform to understand deeper details about motorcycles and interact with seasoned riders in a controlled environment.

The EagleRider India Academy includes 10 hours of training and a highway breakfast ride. It provides classroom-based theoretical training as well as real-life exposure through the highway ride. The training course is claimed to be designed to boost confidence of women riders and teach them how to ride safely, within a single day. It focuses topics that help in understanding the motorcycle as well as the safety gear. The classroom-based session includes all basics of how to start a motorcycle, controlling gear & clutch, manoeuvring, and handling street and highway challenges.

Participants of the EagleRider India academy are given motorcycles along with protective gear to learn the basic riding techniques in controlled environment, as well as in real-life conditions. The company will also be organizing similar training sessions for men in the near future.

Women above 18 years of age who are interested to be a part of the EagleRider India academy can drop a mail with their details on mandy@eagleriderindia.com. The training academy's team will get in touch with them. The basic eligibility criterion to enrol in the said programme is knowing how to ride a bicycle and a valid motorcycling license.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 28th November 2016 at 18:47.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote