Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th July 2017, 07:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back

How reliable are Mahindra two wheelers compared to Honda/Hero/TVS? If the same gap exists there as it does in the four wheelers that are rugged but plagued by niggles, I doubt that Mahindra has decent share in the two wheeler market.

The RE charisma was around the 4 stroke thumper and continuity has allowed them to survive, although I expect their reliability issues to be a survival threat.

The Yezdi charisma was around the 2 stroke reliability, now not available, and the people bought it because the alternative, RE, was both expensive and not anywhere as reliable back then. And with the absence from the market for two decades, brand recall is from people that no longer ride two wheelers. The sound from the exhaust pipes was a factor making a virtue out of a vice, back in the day when noise pollution was not an issue. I can't see the same sound levels passing the norms these days for new bikes.

IMO, nice try, but no chance of success.

Similar to the Peugeot attempt - is that Mahindra as well?

Last edited by Sawyer : 24th July 2017 at 07:09.
Sawyer is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 08:00   #92
BHPian

Default Mahindra is bringing Jawa back

Wonder how this bike will sound with a 4 stroke motor ? For me the Java/ Yezdi range was all about the design and sound.
Arjun Reddy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 14:52   #93
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Checkout the Yezdi website..! It has been updated. No information on launching by M&M or anything. However , this may be a hint that they are really working on it.
I am not willing to make up my mind with high expectation though and I suggest you all do the same. We don't want M&M to break our heart with not that good models. I expect a couple of reliable bikes that has average performance and more than average comfort. Nothing more..!
JozfGT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 13:25   #94

Mahindra, please bring in vintage 660. I wil trade my 883 Harley. The gearing ratios, the weight and the sound of Harley is just not for our roads / traffic. Would love to own our own heritage than somebody else's. Off course provided you bring in a decent reliable durable product.
I own a yezdi and I actually use a muffler in the exhausts. Very simple job to do. Even though the sound is muted in low rpm it picks up to a nice sound when revved as you climb up the gears. And I can use it regularly to my work place.
In some videos of the 660, the sound has decent thump and some semblance of the lovely arrogant punch jawa is associated with.
Off course all of it is my personal taste but I do feel there is a market for mature and reliable product like this.
With some success with these models Mahindra could bring in 1000 cc and few variants of Mojo. Wishful thinking but why not?
FasterSon is offline   Reply With Quote