Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th November 2016, 09:49   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Bajaj-Kawasaki to break sales & service tie-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That particular dealership was a standalone Kawasaki outlet, wasn't it? If it was shared with Bajaj, I'd agree. But that wasn't the case.
The Pune, Wakdewadi Bajaj showoom is "SNK Planet Bajaj".
The terminated Kawasaki Mumbai dealership was "SNK Palm Breach"

I guess the owner is the same.

Quote:
You got to be kidding me. For months, Kawasaki wasn't even ready to talk to those who had booked those missing bikes. It's only after our coverage (and other websites following) that Kawasaki stepped in to resolve matters.

While I appreciate them eventually delivering the bikes, they haven't done anyone a favour. They merely gave customers the bikes that they'd paid for. And the only reason they came around is due to the negative publicity. Before that, they were NOT EVEN willing to step into the situation room.

Because there were complaints in other cities too, this shows inherent mismanagement in how Kawasaki manages its dealers. Trust me, it's an art and most don't get it. I'll always be optimistic for the sake of Kawasaki bike owners, but the incident you quote is hardly a boost. In fact, its quite the opposite.
I am guessing Kawasaki India arranged for deliveries of bikes for which it did not receive payment (the bookings were done at the dealership, so probably they'll have to get it from SNK Palm Beach after a legal battle)...

.. so I guess its only fair to appreciate what India Kawasaki Motors has done.

Last edited by payeng : 17th November 2016 at 09:57.
payeng is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 09:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
It's only after our coverage (and other websites following) that Kawasaki stepped in to resolve matters.
I agree with you GTO, fully. What I really meant was that in the end IKM somehow managed the chaos and closed the pending deals in spite of not getting any money from the dealership, they managed to save their image, which indicates they care and want to continue strong in the Indian market

Last edited by Siddy : 17th November 2016 at 10:10.
Siddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 10:24   #18
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The Pune, Wakdewadi Bajaj showoom is "SNK Planet Bajaj".
The terminated Kawasaki Mumbai dealership was "SNK Palm Breach"

I guess the owner is the same.
The Pune Kawasaki Wakdewadi showroom was owned/managed by the SNK group.

Later after many complaints, the ownership was changed to Khivraj Motors (only for the 800cc+ Kawasaki's). The staff, more or less, remained the same though.

The KTM and Bajaj dealerships at Wakdewadi remained with SNK though.

Now, Khivraj has opened a new showroom at Koregaon Park and the Wakdewadi Kawasaki exclusive showroom has been shut down.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote