Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th March 2017, 18:00   #181
BHPian

Smile Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
What is a bit of a bother to me is that the LED headlight stays on even after you switch off the engine from the Kill Switch. Not sure for how long, but it never went off for a good minute or more on my bike, and I hate to start my Car/Bike with the headlights turned ON.
Congratulations for getting the FZ25. It is a looker for sure, especially in the white shade. Public can easily mistake it for FZ16 in the Black and Blue shades, at-least from a distance. An user from xBhp claims to have got the first white shade in Bangalore from Bangalore Wheels, although it doesn't matter but anyway I'm mentioning it here.
The lights are DC not AC, hence they will remain on even if your kill switch is engaged. The only way to turn it off is through the key. It has been this way since long, even the FZ16 has DC light. So make sure you use the key to switch off the lights when in long signals, otherwise you'd be draining your battery sooner.

~Ride Safe
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 18:01   #182
BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Took the Delivery of my White Beauty - FZ25
Congrats Vik!!! The bike looks gorgeous in white and I'm glad you chose that color.
The black masks the contours of the bike IMO which might be a good or a bad thing and the blue, well I don't think is a very good color for this bike.
Character wise, I think this will be to the Duke 250 what the first gen Karizma was for the Pulsar 180. A relaxed, mature and sedate option to the absolute hooligan in the D250.

Quote:
What is a bit of a bother to me is that the LED headlight stays on even after you switch off the engine from the Kill Switch. Not sure for how long, but it never went off for a good minute or more on my bike, and I hate to start my Car/Bike with the headlights turned ON.
Using the engine kill switch will not switch off the headlights. You need to turn the key to off position or manually turn off the DRL (if you have the option). Make sure to do this at every time you turn the engine off - at a signal, speaking to friend etc., else, you'll drain your battery faster than you think.

Enjoy the machine and hoping to see it tomorrow!
Porschefire is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 21:09   #183
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

Congratulations for getting the FZ25. It is a looker for sure, especially in the white shade. Public can easily mistake it for FZ16 in the Black and Blue shades, at-least from a distance. An user from xBhp claims to have got the first white shade in Bangalore from Bangalore Wheels, although it doesn't matter but anyway I'm mentioning it here.

The lights are DC not AC, hence they will remain on even if your kill switch is engaged. The only way to turn it off is through the key. It has been this way since long, even the FZ16 has DC light. So make sure you use the key to switch off the lights when in long signals, otherwise you'd be draining your battery sooner.

~Ride Safe
Thank you Funny and yes the White Shade really accentuates the design elements on this FZ.

Even I was not really sure if mine was the "First White FZ25" to be delivered buddy, and that is the very reason I posted 'Apparently'...as I also posted before, this is the most affordable quarter litre in the country today and rarity will never be a word associated with this machine for long!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

Congrats Vik!!! The bike looks gorgeous in white and I'm glad you chose that color.

Enjoy the machine and hoping to see it tomorrow!
Thank you Abhi boy and yes White was the one for me.

Surely bro, lets catch up tomorrow and you can have a look at this White Beauty in person.

Quote:
So make sure you use the key to switch off the lights when in long signals, otherwise you'd be draining your battery sooner.
Quote:
Make sure to do this at every time you turn the engine off - at a signal, speaking to friend etc., else, you'll drain your battery faster than you think.
Point noted gurus and this is what I am going to do starting next crank!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 22:06   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took the Delivery of my White Beauty - FZ25
Congrats on the new acquisition Vikram! Good first impressions and it sure is a looker in white. Wishing you many more happy miles with the FZ25.

As an ex FZ16 owner, you can maybe compare the good and bad points with the 16 vs. 25. Media reports claim that the FZ25 plastic quality is not as good and has very thin plastics but unless it comes from one of the owners here, it is hear say for me as the popular media houses cannot be trusted fully except maybe for Power Drift who do some really good videos and are slightly unbiased and technical in their reviews.
abhinav.s is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 22:39   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The headlamp puzzles me...the light has been aligned. The visibility where there is pitch darkness is amazing, very clear, but whenever there is a vehicle approaching, the light appears to fade in approaching vehicle's yellow beams. Same for street lamps.
But, the oncoming vehicles do dip their beam if I ask them to.
Congrats on the FZ25. Have you sold the CBR250R?

The issue with lights, is not the lights themselves but our eyes. The light emitted from the headlight dissipates (thus less dense over distance), is incident on some object, which may absorb some, most or all the light incident on it - which is why objects appear black - high school physics - and some of it is reflected , some of that reflected light is sent back in our direction (the eyes). So we get probably 25% or less, depending on the objects light is incident on and weather (wet roads absorb more light).

To cope with reduced light, our eyes dilate our pupils to allow more light , similar to a camera lens aperture. The problem is, when another vehicle approaches, its lights reach us first before the (much reduced)reflected light of our own headlights, so our pupils contract in response to excessively bright light, causing our perceived own headlights brightness to be reduced.

So no matter what light source you use, unless it's far in excess (I'd estimate 8x as many lumens as the oncoming vehicle's lights), we'll always be blinded or perceive our lights as inadequate in presence of other light sources.

Add to that, LEDs emit a single or very narrow frequency of light, so some objects like reflective signboards appear far brighter than with halogens, while other objects may absorb so much of the light that halogens may seem better.
Ricci is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 10:09   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Congrats on the FZ25. Have you sold the CBR250R?
Yes. I was not very keen with its handling/braking, plus it had been 5 long years.

That is a very nice explanation bro as far headlamp gyaan goes but how to make my eyes understand that, LOL.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 10:50   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition Vikram! Good first impressions and it sure is a looker in white. Wishing you many more happy miles with the FZ25.
Thank you Abhinav.

The White shade on the FZ25 has more panels in this colour in comparison to the Blue. I think this is the reason why the White looks the best (IMO).

I wish Yamaha had offered the R15 S Red on this bike, would have looked brilliant.

Quote:
As an ex FZ16 owner, you can maybe compare the good and bad points with the 16 vs. 25.
Let me try to list out the differences I have noticed bro:

- If one is around 6ft or more and has ever sat on the old Duke 200, the riding position is a bit weird, while the FZ16 was a bit better in comparison. The FZ25 is much better than the FZ16 in this aspect.

- The seating posture on the FZ16 is quite relaxed and the one of the CBR250 is a bit sporty albeit not KTM RCs sporty. The FZ25 seating posture is somewhere in between the FZ16 and CBR250.

- The design of the FZ16 tank made it look big when you got on the saddle. The FZ25 is actually quite big and the irony here is that it literally gets bigger when you get on the saddle!!

- There is obviously no comparison between the engines here, but FZ25 felt a lot more torquey than the TNT25 that I have ridden. I have not had the luck of trying out CBR250 till date though.

- The biggest flaw in the FZ16 was its turning radius, which the Yamaha seem to have addressed with the FZ25.

- The plastic quality is actually quite bad on the FZ25 compared to the FZ16. The only saving grace I think on the former is that many of these can be actually taken off the bike. For example, the plastics around the rear tire hugger and tail lights are quite flimsy and I am planning to take them off soon.

- The switches seem to be much better, but then again the FZ16 never really had bad switches to begin with.

- My FZ25 has only done ~50kms but the gear is already slotting in nicely. I made a mistake of dropping my FZ16 at a roadside mechanic sometime back and he had spoilt everything on the bike, the worst being the gearing which never slotted in neatly.

- Lastly, the pillion seat on the FZ25 is much higher than the old FZ16, but a lot wider and more comfortable. However, I observed that the pillion seats on the FZ 2.0/FI have a very bad design and probably is not the most comfortable.

Met up with Abhishek (Porschefire) last evening and the bugger surprised me with his Ninja 250, which I had no clue about!!

We both were actually surprised by how big the FZ25 actually looks next to a fully faired quarter litre machine.

Here are some pics:

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_20170308_172058.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_20170308_172107.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_20170308_172120.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (21) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 17:43   #188
Senior - BHPian

Guys the New Yamaha R15 V3 has been launched in Bangladesh at a price INR 4.57 lakhs. Further details in the article below:

https://www.rushlane.com/new-yamaha-...-12200559.html

The Yamaha R15 V3 is fully loaded, Specs below

Length – 1990 mm (R15 V2 – 1970 mm)
Width – 725 mm (R15 V2 – 670 mm)
Height – 1135 mm (R15 V2 – 1070 mm)
Wheelbase – 1325 mm (R15 V2 – 1345 mm)
Wet Weight – 137 kg (R15 V2 -136 kg)
Engine – Liquid Cooled 4-stroke, SOHC
Cylinder Arrangement – Single cylinder
Cylinder Volume – 155.1cc (R15 V2 had 150 cc)
Bore x Stroke – 58 x 58.7 mm
Compression Ratio – 11.6 : 1
Power – 14.2 kW (20 PS) / 10000 rpm
Torque – 14.7 Nm / 8500 rpm
Starting System – Electric
Fuel Tank – 11 liters
Fuel System – Fuel Injection
Clutch Type – Wet Type Multi-Plate Clutch
Front Tyre – 100/80-17M/C 52P
Rear Tyre – 140/70-17M/C 66S
Front Disc – 282 mm
Rear Disc – 240 mm

2017 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 is offered in a choice of new exciting colour options, which include a range of single tone colours as well as dual tone colours. Features on offer includes twin LED headlamps, new instrument cluster with multi-info display, upside down forks, new exhaust system, front fairing is more aerodynamic, new alloys, LED taillight, LED side blinkers, aluminium swing arm, slipper clutch and Delta Box frame. Sadly, ABS is not on offer, not even as option.

My question to the experts over here, when can we expect this in India & how it will be pitched against the FZ25, price wise, given that the V3 has liquid cooled engine, upside down forks, slipper clutch, which sadly the FZ25 lacks?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 9th March 2017 at 17:57.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 22:43   #189
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vikram.

Based on your observations, the bike seems more suitable for my height than my CBR 250. I like the refinement, riding posture in the FZ 16 compared to CBR and as per the reviews, FZ 25 is better.

I think you made the right choice in getting this bike instead of Duke - FZ more practical for bangalore city usage. I wish they had given ABS, at least as an option.

Wish you many miles of blissful riding.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 09:13   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- The seating posture on the FZ16 is quite relaxed and the one of the CBR250 is a bit sporty albeit not KTM RCs sporty. The FZ25 seating posture is somewhere in between the FZ16 and CBR250.

- There is obviously no comparison between the engines here, but FZ25 felt a lot more torquey than the TNT25 that I have ridden. I have not had the luck of trying out CBR250 till date though.

- The biggest flaw in the FZ16 was its turning radius, which the Yamaha seem to have addressed with the FZ25.
I have had the Honda 250R, so...the seating position is same but Yamaha is compact and is fun to flick around. Honda was stable on arrow straight highways despite cross-winds [now is *the* time for cross-winds] which the Yamaha is not, not as stable but predictable and huge fun to throw around corners. Over cook the corner, late braking, whatever...Yamaha covers you up.

Yamaha's low end grunt is awesome. I have managed to pull from 11/12 kmph in 2nd gear with a pillion, impossible on the Honda. Infact, it was hard to potter at 2,000 revs on the Honda which this Yamaha does. Of course the kick of Honda in any gear at 6,000 revs and till 8,000 revs was amazing which this Yamaha won't be able to match.

Turning radius of the fully faired Honda was a bit bigger than the Yamaha.

At the end of the day, I am very satisfied with the product. If touring and only touring [over very good straight roads] is your priority, do prioritize CBR 250R over FZ-25. At almost other places, Yamaha appeals more to me.

I will have an oil change today/tomorrow [400kms] and then at the service. Earlier my oil drain intervals were 40 kms, 200 kms, 400 kms and service
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 10:22   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Vikram.

Based on your observations, the bike seems more suitable for my height than my CBR 250. I like the refinement, riding posture in the FZ 16 compared to CBR and as per the reviews, FZ 25 is better.

I think you made the right choice in getting this bike instead of Duke - FZ more practical for bangalore city usage. I wish they had given ABS, at least as an option.

Wish you many miles of blissful riding.
Thank you Shamil

As I have mentioned above, the FZ25 seating posture is much better than the FZ16. The seats are also much wider and probably adds to the rider's comfort.

The D250 is an awesome product and if this was 2007 instead of 2017, I would have surely waited for 2 months (if need be) to get this Austrian home. Not that I have grown old (even though I actually have), just that I am not as much of a biker as I was a decade back.

The seating posture on the D250 is exactly like the FZ25, albeit you sit a bit higher on the former. For all the tall "Bikers" out there, this could well be the ideal bike, if they are not a big fan of the committed RCs.

Quote:
At the end of the day, I am very satisfied with the product. If touring and only touring [over very good straight roads] is your priority, do prioritize CBR 250R over FZ-25. At almost other places, Yamaha appeals more to me.
+1 to you Sheel and this bike really serves my purpose.

It may not be as frantic as the KTMs or feel as quick as NSs/RSs/RTRs, but rest assured guys:

No Other 250cc in the Market Today Sounds Better Than the FZ25!!

Quote:
I will have an oil change today/tomorrow [400kms] and then at the service. Earlier my oil drain intervals were 40 kms, 200 kms, 400 kms and service
So Sheel do you recommend changing the engine oil at 100 or 400 kms??
I was actually thinking of doing this at around 500kms.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2017 at 09:41. Reason: Guess you meant Austrian, not Australian :)
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 17:31   #192
BHPian

Is the FZ25 available for test rides in any of the South Bangalore showrooms?
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 17:54   #193
BHPian

Quote:
I am very satisfied with the product.
Quote:
I know I'm late to the party...but congratulations to both of you gentlemen on buying the FZ25! Glad to hear that you're both satisfied with it, I'm sure the bike will serve you well

Personally, this bike didn't excite me, because I thought that Yamaha would put a more powerful engine in it. For background, I already own a Duke 200 since 2012, and have become too used its hooligan nature, so my next bike will have to be something bigger, but on the same lines.
Like they say, different strokes for different folks, and guess this bike fits the bill for you.

Quote:
The D250 is an awesome product and if this was 2007 instead of 2017, I would have surely waited for 2 months (if need be) to get this Australian home.
Maybe it's a typo, but I also wanted to point out that the KTM Duke is Austrian, not Australian

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 18:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It may not be as frantic as the KTMs or feel as quick as NSs/RSs/RTRs, but rest assured guys:

Test reports online show that it quicker too. It cracks the ton under 9secs, which is faster/almost as fast as the Duke200/250!
Excellent performance with refinement, quality & reliability. What more can I say!

Source: Motoroids & Power drift.
abhishek46 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 21:07   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So Sheel do you recommend changing the engine oil at 100 or 400 kms??
I was actually thinking of doing this at around 500kms.
I will change. The company doesn't recommend/suggest it but as bawas say, it is always a good time to change your oil, and this being a new bike with varying throttle input, I would do this.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote