Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd March 2017, 21:47   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Finally booked warrior white today
Expected delivery in 15-20 days. Painful wait starts.
I booked it at Pacer, Hebbal last weekend and was told 20 days waiting. To my surprise, got a call yesterday that the bike was ready. Making the full payment tomorrow and getting the bike delivered Saturday.
Is the tax increase in Karnataka really coming into effect 1-Apr?
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Many congratulations skyliner34 . The FZ25 looks smashing in white. So what is the final on-road price? Also could you please share the break-up of the price? I would say 15-20 days waiting is pretty decent given that this is a new launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I booked it at Pacer, Hebbal last weekend and was told 20 days waiting. To my surprise, got a call yesterday that the bike was ready. Making the full payment tomorrow and getting the bike delivered Saturday.
Many congratulations to you as well nma83. Looks like Yamaha has pumped in sufficient inventory at their dealers. Good planning for a new launch. Otherwise what is the point in launching a product and making the customers wait endlessly in the market.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd March 2017 at 22:29.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 09:10   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats nma. I booked mine at Laxmi international (arekere), regarding tax I was told if the billing is before April 1st then the tax is ~13% post which it will be around 18%, so you should fall in 13% bracket, inquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations skyliner34 . The FZ25 looks smashing in white. So what is the final on-road price? Also could you please share the break-up of the price? I would say 15-20 days waiting is pretty decent given that this is a new launch.
Thanks AI. Final on-road price given to me was 1,44,xxx INR, but SA informed there might be an increase of ~5000 INR due to road tax increase post April 1st.
I will post the detail breakup in sometime as I don't have the bill in front of me now.
skyliner34 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 10:02   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Congrats skyliner34 and nma83 on your picks, welcome to the FZ Club guys

Seems like the White shade is the most sort after, and quite honestly I think this particular shade has lot more presence than the other 2.

When are we doing an 'All FZ25 Owners Meet' folks?
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 10:38   #215
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it at Pacer, Hebbal last weekend and was told 20 days waiting.

Quote:
Congrats nma. I booked mine at Laxmi international (arekere), regarding tax I was told if the billing is before April 1st then the tax is ~13% post which it will be around 18%, so you should fall in 13% bracket, inquire.
Congrats nma83 and skyliner34 on booking the mean machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats skyliner34 and nma83 on your picks, welcome to the FZ Club guys

Seems like the White shade is the most sort after, and quite honestly I think this particular shade has lot more presence than the other 2.

You know even for Dominar, white is the most sought after colour. As I have know from different sources and showroom, about 80℅ bikes out there are in white.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 10:58   #216
BHPian

Thanks all for the wishes!

Quote:
... regarding tax I was told if the billing is before April 1st then the tax is ~13% post which it will be around 18%, so you should fall in 13% bracket, inquire.
My current price is with 13% tax, but ideally I wanted to take delivery in Apr due to other reasons and was told the tax increase will come into effect on 1-Apr. While elsewhere in this forum it was mentioned that the increase has not yet been formalised, just proposed.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 12:05   #217
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
very soon Vik.
Another thing, showroom guys told KA RTO is yet to approve FZ25 and till then no registration happens, true? Did you get permanent registration number for your bike or still temp plates?
I won't be surprised if they approve post 1-April so they can make more money from increased road tax
skyliner34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 13:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you get permanent registration number for your bike or still temp plates?
I won't be surprised if they approve post 1-April so they can make more money from increased road tax
Yep, the KA RTO has apparently not "OK"ed the FZ25.

I got my FZ25 delivered on 6 March and was running without even as much as a TR for nearly 2 weeks

I only got my TR number last weekend, which is valid for 30 days. So hopefully I get my permanent registration in the next 2 weeks.
Old 28th March 2017, 09:57   #219
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Got my bike yesterday evening. I am extremely pleased with its smoothness and ride quality. A thouroughly enjoyable bike for those who fall between liking the rawness of REs and the madness of KTMs .
I just wish that Yamaha could have come up with a better console design.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 10:19   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Got my bike yesterday evening. I am extremely pleased with its smoothness and ride quality. A thouroughly enjoyable bike for those who fall between liking the rawness of REs and the madness of KTMs .
I just wish that Yamaha could have come up with a better console design.
Congrats nma
Wishing you a lot of happy miles.
Totally agree on the console part, I say it's plain ugly and doesn't suit the bike at all. My Gixxer console was 10 times better looking though it lacked certain features compared to this.
What about registration? Still the same reason from RTO?
skyliner34 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 10:44   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats nma
Wishing you a lot of happy miles.
What about registration? Still the same reason from RTO?
Thanks skyliner. I did not get the temp registration even, will get the day after due to Ugadi holiday. The registration proper is supposed to start only on first week of Apr. No idea why such a long hold up
nma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 13:53   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks skyliner. I did not get the temp registration even, will get the day after due to Ugadi holiday. The registration proper is supposed to start only on first week of Apr. No idea why such a long hold up
Still the same RTO, guess we will be charged 18% road tax instead of 13
I'm supposed to get my bike in 1 weeks time, hopefully by then things would have been sorted.
How are the gear shifts? All test bikes I tested had terrible hardness associated with gears, hopefully not the case with new customer bikes.
skyliner34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 14:18   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats once again nma83 and wish you a happy & safe biking

Couldn't agree more with you on the bike's intended segment. It is not as sophisticated as the Austrian Fireball, but surely not as primitive as the Indian REs either.

If I could compare these bikes with their 4 wheeled counterparts:

KTM 250/390 (Duke & 390) = Abarth Punto - Scarily Quick

Bajaj Pulsar NS 200/RS 200/Dominor 400 = GT TSI/TDI - Emphasis on the Performance

Yamaha FZ25 - Figo 1.5 TDCI - Deceivingly Quick

Quote:
How are the gear shifts? All test bikes I tested had terrible hardness associated with gears, hopefully not the case with new customer bikes.
If I may answer your question here skyliner34, the gear shifts are still notchy, but I am noticing a stark improvement from the time I first rode the bike home.

The upshifts are very smooth, but the downshift is where it gets a bit bad at times. Ironically, I have to get to the N from the 2nd gear at times, as the bike seldom slots into the N from the 1st gear

But this also seems to be improving and at ~500Kms on the ODO, either I am understanding the bike or it seems to be smoothing out.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 28th March 2017 at 14:21.
Old 28th March 2017, 14:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Still the same RTO, guess we will be charged 18% road tax instead of 13
I'm supposed to get my bike in 1 weeks time, hopefully by then things would have been sorted.
What I was told was; as long as I made the full payment before end of month, 13% tax applies. Remember even I was told a waiting of 20 days just a little more than a week back, which would have taken delivery into April.

Quote:
To add to what Vik said, gear shifts are slick for me, both upshift and downshift. It would definitely get smoother after a couple of thousand KMs.
nma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2017, 21:14   #225

Dear SHEEL and VIK,

Kindly spare some time and update us with your ownership experiences so far.
337699gsd is offline   Reply With Quote