Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th April 2017, 09:35   #241

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportztourer View Post
4. Let me ride the bike a bit more (a weekend ride is already scheduled) so that I can observe & put in the points properly. You can post you questions here so that I can check them out while riding & other FZ 25 owners here (who obviously know this bike better than me) can reply.
All the best with the decision making!
Sure, take your time. And thanks for replying.
  1. I am looking for an overall package which will stay with me at least for 5 years or 60-70k km, the reliability of the FZ FI, should it be a concern?
  2. I liked the headlight comparison video of RTR 200 and Dominar, I will so want to see something like that involving the FZ250 with the other two.
  3. While doing the TD of FZ250, I experienced the wind blast at around 5500-6500 RPM, is it there or that was just a windy day? Having said that, I have shot a message to Sahyadri Customs for a visor for FZ 250, if they ever make one. Is there anybody on the forum who procured a visor for FZ?
Current proud owners of FZ 250, kindly shed some light!
337699gsd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:12   #242
BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Is any dealer giving out test-rides in Bangalore ? Called up a few like Orion, Perfect Riders, etc and all they can offer is a bike startup and sound.

I am quite interested in this to replace my ageing 220, but want a TR before throwing down the gandhi's !!

EDIT: PS: What is the regular service interval and when is the 1st service ?
Praful,

There is a Yamaha dealer in Koramangala (next door to the Income Tax office / Koramangala bus depot) and opposite the Pizza Hut outlet that stocks the FZ25. The sales person had told me that they could arrange for a test ride when I went to take a look at the bike. Do check with them.

The other option is Vinayak Motors (?) off Domlur junction but you need to make a bit of a fuss and then they arrange for test rides. Orion Motors is not known for being customer centric
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:19   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Praful,

There is a Yamaha dealer in Koramangala (next door to the Income Tax office / Koramangala bus depot) and opposite the Pizza Hut outlet that stocks the FZ25. The sales person had told me that they could arrange for a test ride when I went to take a look at the bike. Do check with them.

The other option is Vinayak Motors (?) off Domlur junction but you need to make a bit of a fuss and then they arrange for test rides. Orion Motors is not known for being customer centric
Thanks, will go down there sometime next week to have a look.

You are absolutely right about Orion, I felt like they were not even interested in selling.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:26   #244
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks, will go down there sometime next week to have a look.

You are absolutely right about Orion, I felt like they were not even interested in selling.
Willing to give ABS a miss?

payeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:37   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Willing to give ABS a miss?
I'm bored to death waiting for the G310 GS

Need something in the interim to keep the spirit alive, ABS is not a factor. Just need something vibe free (hence nothing from the Bajaj/KTM stable) and that's a simple no-nonsense machine. Something that doesn't need me to become best friends with my mech

Lets, will get a TR myself and see if the pillion gives a green signal as well. Else will pick up a pre-owned ZMA or something on those lines till the 310 GS arrives.

PS: Not selling the 220, just tired of the upkeep.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 11:57   #246
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I'm bored to death waiting for the G310 GS

Need something in the interim to keep the spirit alive, ABS is not a factor. Just need something vibe free (hence nothing from the Bajaj/KTM stable) and that's a simple no-nonsense machine. Something that doesn't need me to become best friends with my mech

Lets, will get a TR myself and see if the pillion gives a green signal as well. Else will pick up a pre-owned ZMA or something on those lines till the 310 GS arrives.

PS: Not selling the 220, just tired of the upkeep.
2 painful falls in the last two years has made ABS as an absolute must have for me in my next Motorcycle.

One just can't/doesn't plan for wheel locks. Also post 30, the healing process takes longer.

On the other hand, my recently acquired NAVI will let me not to lose touch the art of braking without ABS.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 12:19   #247
BHPian

Quote:
2 painful falls in the last two years has made ABS as an absolute must have for me in my next Motorcycle.

One just can't/doesn't plan for wheel locks. Also post 30, the healing process takes longer.

On the other hand, my recently acquired NAVI will let me not to lose touch the art of braking without ABS.
At the risk of going OT in this thread.

While I am not discrediting the need to have ABS, it is key for safety. For a bike of this size and power output, it is liveable without ABS at least in my books. Of course if ABS was an option available I would have gone for it *if* I was buying this bike.

PS: Any Blore FZ25 owners willing to lend their bike for a short TR?
praful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 14:08   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
shot a message to Sahyadri Customs for a visor for FZ 250, if they ever make one.
I did spoke to Sahyadri people. They said project for same will start in April & we should have the required result by April end or early may. Post testing, they will launch the whole DIY kit just like dominor.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 5th April 2017 at 14:26.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 14:52   #249
BHPian

Test ride the New KTM. Its relatively Vibes Free. Can't say the same about the Dominar. But then KTM is Not Pillion Friendly. Why not the Fi Himalayan ??

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2017 at 10:11. Reason: Typo
praveen_sathaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 17:41   #250
Senior - BHPian

I got my FZ25 delivered on March 6 2017, and after exactly 1 month of riding around the town without registration plates, got my permanent registration number today.

In fact, the bike was apparently registered on Saturday, but I could only get the update today. Got the number plates design changed today afternoon.

Will post a complete ownership report by this weekend for sure
Vik0728 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 20:49   #251
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
While I am not discrediting the need to have ABS, it is key for safety. For a bike of this size and power output, it is liveable without ABS at least in my books.
I agree with both of you that ABS is a great safety feature. It can even be a life saver in certain situations since its primary purpose is to keep the bike upright and on its only two wheels.

But I also agree with @praful on the point that on a bike with performance characteristics like the FZ25, one can 'live' without ABS.

However, I would like to go a step further and ask this - Is ABS a boon or a bane when riding over somewhat broken and/or dusty roads? It never really occurred to me until I heard actual experiences by some riders. When you brake over roads broken enough to momentarily lift one wheel into the air or over a surface too slippery to maintain traction if you were to touch the brakes with anything but a feather grip, the ABS system will disable your brake(s) altogether and your brake lever/pedal will sink as if you lost all the the brake fluid. What does one do in such a case? It is because of this "mind-of-its-own" nature of ABS that I would not buy a bike equipped with this feature unless it has the option to turn it off at will.

And that is why the FZ25 is on my radar despite the lack of ABS. That and the potential for modding for off road use. And the surprisingly good performance (acceleration) vis-a-vis other 250cc options in the market.

Sorry for the long post.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 21:15   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
However, I would like to go a step further and ask this - Is ABS a boon or a bane when riding over somewhat broken and/or dusty roads? It never really occurred to me until I heard actual experiences by some riders. When you brake over roads broken enough to momentarily lift one wheel into the air or over a surface too slippery to maintain traction if you were to touch the brakes with anything but a feather grip, the ABS system will disable your brake(s) altogether and your brake lever/pedal will sink as if you lost all the the brake fluid. What does one do in such a case? It is because of this "mind-of-its-own" nature of ABS that I would not buy a bike equipped with this feature unless it has the option to turn it off at will.
That is still Ok, if the braking force is disabled. You can easily modulate the rear and front brakes in this scenario and stop.

A rear wheel slide is enjoyable. However, a front wheel slide is heart-stopping. (Unless you are practicing stoppies )
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 00:34   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I did spoke to Sahyadri people. They said project for same will start in April & we should have the required result by April end or early may. Post testing, they will launch the whole DIY kit just like dominor.
Today, I also had a small chat with Vaibhav at Sahyadri and he said they will have the kit ready once they get FZ for a day or two with them (belonging to a customer of course!). He was positive about getting the product out by the 15th of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I got my FZ25 delivered on March 6 2017, and after exactly 1 month of riding around the town without registration plates, got my permanent registration number today.

In fact, the bike was apparently registered on Saturday, but I could only get the update today. Got the number plates design changed today afternoon.

Will post a complete ownership report by this weekend for sure
Looking forward to your review! Keep us posted!

One more thing guys,
Here, the dealer have a Black-FZ 25 ready with him which is from the very 1st lot that rolled out, looks like Jan 2017 manufactured. Should I go for it? Or wait till April 15th for the new stock to arrive? (Of course, if Yamaha is what I choose over a Matte Red velvet and a Pirelli Shoe clad TVS!)
337699gsd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 15:58   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
Here, the dealer have a Black-FZ 25 ready with him which is from the very 1st lot that rolled out, looks like Jan 2017 manufactured. Should I go for it? Or wait till April 15th for the new stock to arrive?
I am also in same dilemma as you. My sales guy specifically asked me to wait until they get second lot bikes as they expect them to have some improvements compared to 1st lot. Just waiting for 1st lot to clear up.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 23:28   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am also in same dilemma as you. My sales guy specifically asked me to wait until they get second lot bikes as they expect them to have some improvements compared to 1st lot. Just waiting for 1st lot to clear up.
I confirmed with the dealer here today, he said there won't be any improvements whatsoever and the new stock may take a month to see the light.

Meanwhile, the sales guy at local TVS gave me a call to have a feel of the new matte colors that were unloaded yesterday at their showroom to which I obliged as if a kid is being given a candy!

And why shouldn't I be? After all, the matte red is pure gold! I would have shared a picture but then I read the title of this thread and controlled my emotions! Decision-making is tough these days haha!
337699gsd is offline   Reply With Quote