gautam99 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:15   #2
BHPian

Default re: Royal Enfield Classic with ABS & rear disc brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ntal-gt/27229/

Looks like it's finally coming- rear discs, abs
The ABS looks only for the front single channel. Although that would also be a welcome addition.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:19   #3
BHPian

Default re: Royal Enfield Classic with ABS & rear disc brake

But when I saw the technical specs on the RE uk site it clearly mentions dual channel abs so will be good to have in india
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 22:33   #4
BHPian

Interesting video on the new RE classic Euro 4 mods
gautam99 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 11:18   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Classic with ABS & rear disc brake

Dual disc brake option on Indian roads sounds like a good preposition and with regards to safety aspect, I feel a bike which weighs around 190 kgs has to have a solid braking system at its heart. Eagerly waiting for the arrival of these safety features on Indian-made REs.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2017 at 10:06. Reason: Typos
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2017, 11:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

The RE's were never really meant for high speed riding. But with these newer engines capable of going fast and also having some decent acceleration, ABS will be a very useful feature to have.

All the best to RE.
I don't think anyone imagined these bikes to become so popular back in the early 2000's.
Kudos to the management for turning it around so beautifully.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 11:41   #7
BHPian

It is great to see RE finally adding some more modern features to their range.I really hope they have also fixed the EFI on their domestic models.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 12:02   #8
BHPian

Finally, they realized the importance of ABS. Thank God!
Waiting for these additions since long.
ABS helps a lot in wet road conditions especially.

Hope they will ensure the kits can be retrofitted at service centers in the older versions as well.
Will be happily willing to pay extra for this installation.(when it comes to safety features like ABS, esp.)

Introduction in 'Classic' should follow introduction in 'TB' as well..
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 22:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
It is great to see RE finally adding some more modern features to their range.I really hope they have also fixed the EFI on their domestic models.
The C500 has got EFI wherein the C350 is still carburetted. People have their own opinion regarding the EFI engine as against carburetted one. All modern bikes have the latest fuel injection engines and I wonder when RE will start making it default in all the bikes manufactured by them.
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 23:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
The C500 has got EFI wherein the C350 is still carburetted. People have their own opinion regarding the EFI engine as against carburetted one. All modern bikes have the latest fuel injection engines and I wonder when RE will start making it default in all the bikes manufactured by them.
The EFI in the existing domestic C500 is not the same as that of the (2016 or earlier)export models,it lacks an o2 sensor.
Given my experience with the 500 EFI,I'd take take the a carbureted 350/500 over the existing EFI 500 any day.
I really hope they have worked out the kinks in the euro4 model and that the new 2017 domestic models come equipped with the new improved EFI system.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 10:32   #11
BHPian

Well now that the news is official on some websites like these: http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...dsG?li=AAgg6KI

I feel this is a good decision by RE to introduce ABS in their motorcycles(at least in the UK), better late than never. It will be nice to see if the ABS is a proper two channel system. I sincerely hope and request RE India to do the same in India as well. The importance and safety factor of an ABS cannot be contested. ABS is as important at speeds of 20-30KMPH as it is at 80-100 KMPH.

Looks like RE gives a ear to their customers and their feedback.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 17th January 2017 at 10:34.
navin_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 22:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
The EFI in the existing domestic C500 is not the same as that of the (2016 or earlier)export models,it lacks an o2 sensor.
Given my experience with the 500 EFI,I'd take take the a carbureted 350/500 over the existing EFI 500 any day.
I really hope they have worked out the kinks in the euro4 model and that the new 2017 domestic models come equipped with the new improved EFI system.
A new and improved FI system would be welcome. I think it should be doable even without the O2 sensor since fitting the Power Commander requires you to remove and blank out that sensor. Also, I have heard good things about the Bullet 500 even though (or maybe because) it is carburetted.

And yes, from Indian manuafacturers I would expect more reliability from a carb than EFI. i mean the Classic 500 had issues and my Duke 200 just had its throttle body replaced recently after only 35-36k km of total mileage. Oh and two fuel pumps. You know what they say, "thrice bitten, twice shy". That's the saying, right?

Quote:
Dual disc brake option on Indian roads sounds like a good preposition and with regards to safety aspect, I feel a bike which weighs around 190 kgs has to have a solid braking system at its heart. Eagerly waiting for the arrival of these safety features on Indian-made REs.
Yeah, more than ABS it needs better brakes! RE brakes (except on the Conti) don't work effectively in the first place!
My brother recently did some spirited riding in traffic on his Classic 500 with hard acceleration and hard braking for about 2 km. When he reached home, the rear brake was smelling of smoke!
I think it needs just one disc up front and one rear. Dual disc setup is only needed on high performance bikes. I may be mistaken, though.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 12:08   #13
BHPian

Smile Re: Royal Enfield Classic with ABS & rear disc brake

Hi Team,
does anyone have information on RE's plan to introduce ABS/ Rear Disc brakes? Can this be expected any soon?

Regards
Spark
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote