Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2017, 16:12   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,741
Thanked: 2,906 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Amey, could you post a breakup of the service cost so it is clear what's the increase when compared to the 1k service.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 16:14   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,493
Thanked: 6,771 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Just did my third paid service at the new Kawasaki Pune (Kundan wheels) which was to be done at 12k kms or within one year.

Brake bleeding
Throttle body cleaning
Valve synchronisation


The total service costed me - Rs 5975 /- with 500mL Motul engine oil given back.

Earlier service done at 1k initially done at KTM showrooms costed around Rs 3.5k.
This is due to the 3 items i guess which will not be covered till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
How can you compare a 1k service with a 12k service?
Depending on manufacturer yes there would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Triumph : 1K, 6K, 12K cost exactly the same price : ~ 6K
Triumph does NOT have 6k interval. It is 1k / 10k / 20k / 30k. Though you can take the vehicle at the end of 1 year duration, if you wish to.

So taking Triumph as example - has service intervals at 1k, 10k and then on every 10k kms (ie 20, 30 etc). The first two are general check up and oil change, which will be about 3k labor plus consumable. That come upto 6.5k. The 20k kms ones are major one's which has filter changes and complete engine tune up pack (valve shims, gaskets, plugs etc). IIRC that pack itself is about 12k which takes the service cost close to 18k for 20k service. ie 20 - 40 - 60 schedules.

There has been marginal increase in labor cost since the day i picked the Street, but on the other hand some fast moving parts seems to be pretty much holding price.

So i am assuming Kawasaki (and japs in general having a shorter service interval), the 12k one's would be the major one and hence the increase in labor costs.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th April 2017 at 16:15.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 16:16   #18
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

I agree with Mobike008. Rehaan, The service costs do not vary much on a General service. It's the labour cost of Kawasaki now which has spiked the costs of service w.r.t service done at KTM earlier.

Cheer,
Amey

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Amey, could you post a breakup of the service cost so it is clear what's the increase when compared to the 1k service.
I gotta check on the exact earlier bills but just to recall, oil filter change, engine oil change same make and grade plus paid servicing had cost me Rs 3.5K including taxes.

In comparison today, the cost drivers are -

SPARES
Motul engine oil 2.5L - Rs 2,511/-
Oil filter - Rs 634/-
Gasket - Rs 30
TOTAL SPARES - Rs 3,175/-

LABOUR
Paid service - Rs 1,100/-
Vacuum synchronisation - Rs 400/-
Air cleaner - Rs 400/-
Chain Clean and Lube - Rs 300/-
Dry wash - Rs 250/-
Miscellaneous - Rs 300/-
TOTAL LABOUR - Rs 2,750/-

GRAND TOTAL - Rs 5,925/-

Cheer,
Amey

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2017 at 16:47. Reason: Thanks. Merging consecutive posts :)
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 16:48   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 653 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I gotta check on the exact earlier bills but just to recall, oil filter change, engine oil change same make and grade plus paid servicing had cost me Rs 3.5K including taxes.

In comparison today, the cost drivers are -

SPARES
Motul engine oil 2.5L - Rs 2,511/-
Oil filter - Rs 634/-
Gasket - Rs 30
TOTAL SPARES - Rs 3,175/-

LABOUR
Paid service - Rs 1,100/-
Vacuum synchronisation - Rs 400/-
Air cleaner - Rs 400/-
Chain Clean and Lube - Rs 300/-
Dry wash - Rs 250/-
Miscellaneous - Rs 300/-
TOTAL LABOUR - Rs 2,750/-

GRAND TOTAL - Rs 5,925/-

Cheer,
Amey
That is not bad at all actually. Paid service down in bangalore is quoted flat at 2900 bucks or something at kawasaki which is total crap (for the 650).

Vacuum synchro for 400 bucks is very reasonable. Chain clean, dry wash etc could have been avoided. Miscellaneous is crap as well and could have been dropped or asking to see what it consists of (if particular). Engine oil could have been bought cheaper on amazon. Cleaning air filter is diy, could have been dropped too.

But paid service for 1100? Please put up the actual bill here please which has all these delineations.

What bike do you ride? Ninja 300?

I wonder if there is a different labour rate for the 300 vs the 650 and above. 1100 is what ktm used to charge for the 650.

Pretty much every item here is a diy apart from vacuum synchro for which you need that instrument. 400 bucks just for that is pretty alright.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th April 2017 at 16:52. Reason: avoid using some words that is not favorable for online conversations
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 16:56   #20
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,197 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So i am assuming Kawasaki (and japs in general having a shorter service interval), the 12k one's would be the major one and hence the increase in labor costs.
Kawasaki also has a 1K, 12K service intervals that include oil and oil filter change as per manual.

But, self and many other Versys owners prefer changing oil and other related general service every 6000kms and have paid ~4K till now

Next service at Kawasaki dealership will tell us what would be the overall spike in the above cost
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 17:07   #21
BHPian
 
Siddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 190
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
In comparison today, the cost drivers are -

SPARES
Motul engine oil 2.5L - Rs 2,511/-
Oil filter - Rs 634/-
Gasket - Rs 30
TOTAL SPARES - Rs 3,175/-

LABOUR
Paid service - Rs 1,100/-
Vacuum synchronisation - Rs 400/-
Air cleaner - Rs 400/-
Chain Clean and Lube - Rs 300/-
Dry wash - Rs 250/-
Miscellaneous - Rs 300/-
TOTAL LABOUR - Rs 2,750/-

GRAND TOTAL - Rs 5,925/-

Cheer,
Amey
Few questions Amey,

1. During your 1st service was oil topped up or replaced completely?
2. Was Vacuum sync, brake bleed & gaskets changed @ 1k? These add up to the labor cost
3. Chain maintenance is 100 bucks dearer, agreed
4. Dry wash is +150 as compared to KTM, agreed
5. What do you mean by Air cleaner?
6. Why did they charge 300 under miscellaneous?

Additionally, any updates on the following?

1. Changing fuel filter & spark plugs?

I feel Kawasaki service is tad higher compared to KTM, not at all a huge difference for someone buying an expensive motorcycle!

Last edited by Siddy : 14th April 2017 at 17:10.
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 17:30   #22
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Few questions Amey,

1. During your 1st service was oil topped up or replaced completely?
2. Was Vacuum sync, brake bleed & gaskets changed @ 1k? These add up to the labor cost
3. Chain maintenance is 100 bucks dearer, agreed
4. Dry wash is +150 as compared to KTM, agreed
5. What do you mean by Air cleaner?
6. Why did they charge 300 under miscellaneous?

Additionally, any updates on the following?

1. Changing fuel filter & spark plugs?

I feel Kawasaki service is tad higher compared to KTM, not at all a huge difference for someone buying an expensive motorcycle!
Hey siddy,

Here are your answers in sequence asked -

1. Oil replaced at 1k kms
2. Additional addup this time
5. Air cleaner is the air filter cleaning
6. Miscellaneous includes consumables and other topups of fluids.

Spark plugs and fuel filter are in good condition so aren't changed as of now.

Cheers
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 18:30   #23
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Please put up the actual bill here please which has all these delineations.

What bike do you ride? Ninja 300?

I wonder if there is a different labour rate for the 300 vs the 650 and above. 1100 is what ktm used to charge for the 650.

Pretty much every item here is a diy apart from vacuum synchro for which you need that instrument. 400 bucks just for that is pretty alright.
Yes! I ride the Ninja 300. Do expect a price rise in the paid servicing cost for the 650.

It is actually a good idea to get Engine oil from the market yourself to save on the major cost driver in the bill and the bill looks okay considering the major services are to be done once in a year as per the manual.

Just for everyone's information which I missed out to mention in my last post, Kawasaki Pune (Kundan Wheels) is undergoing transitions with Khivraj (Earlier ASC) because of which they are not able to print bills from the system and accept payments by card as of now.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 20:46   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 653 Times
Default

Thanks amey. I would think they should keep the service costs of the 300 and 650 similar since both were serviced by ktm. And retain the costs for 800 and above which kawasaki was handling directly anyway.

A sudden jump for the 650 owners is hurting very bad. Its just not on. And whats worse is there is no communication at all from kawasaki. Is this how a japanese company runs? It is headed by a japanese guy. Why dont they even care about their customers? Why are they and most other superbike companies seem like the most customer unfriendly guys on the planet?

And why are all of them, and kawasaki in specific textbook material for How NOT to run a business?
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 08:52   #25
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thanks amey. I would think they should keep the service costs of the 300 and 650 similar since both were serviced by ktm. And retain the costs for 800 and above which kawasaki was handling directly anyway.

A sudden jump for the 650 owners is hurting very bad. Its just not on. And whats worse is there is no communication at all from kawasaki. Is this how a japanese company runs? It is headed by a japanese guy. Why dont they even care about their customers? Why are they and most other superbike companies seem like the most customer unfriendly guys on the planet?

And why are all of them, and kawasaki in specific textbook material for How NOT to run a business?
I agree with you Red Liner. Ideally, Kawasaki should not increase their costs for the 650CC and below and if they were to they should have communicated to their dear customers which has not been the case.

I was also shocked to see their service set-up at Kawasaki Pune. It is so small and has only two bays to work on. Moreover, the transition to new accounts still hasn't happened and I have happened to pay all the money by cash which I was not prepared for.

If Kawasaki had planned to split effective 1st April' 2017; they should have had everything right in-place before splitting to ensure customer service is protected. I have lodged a complaint on their India website. Let's see what they reply.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms) VSD Technical Stuff 41 8th June 2017 21:50
2 Kawasaki Versys 650 & a Z800 ride from Hyderabad to Goa! mobike008 Travelogues 21 10th April 2017 17:31
Kawasaki could assemble Z800 in India? EDIT: Kawasaki says no Aditya Superbikes & Imports 20 30th May 2016 01:41
DSK Benelli - List of dealerships across India Aditya Superbikes & Imports 2 19th September 2015 15:35
iPhone in India :HCL, Wipro trying for dealerships zakaaaaasss Shifting gears 16 14th July 2007 10:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks