Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th June 2017, 18:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: ISI Helmet for INR 9/- only! Droom.in sale on 15th June 2017

Just ordered one, even though I don't ride - not even as a pillion. Only because of this idea. Who knows, it may end up saving a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I think all BHPians should order one and hand it over in the next signal to someone riding without a helmet. Better than donating 10rs to the bum begging in the signal.
Eddy is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:39   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got one too, will hand it to the one driving the most expensive bike, without a helmet. I find such idiots by the dozen in bangalore.

Last edited by AtheK : 15th June 2017 at 19:41.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:52   #18
BHPian

Ordered one here.
Gonna keep it as a spare in my office. Get lots of office boys who keep riding without any helmet since they keep losing them.
They could use it without any fear of it getting stolen.
Attached Thumbnails
ISI Helmet for INR 9/- only! Droom.in sale on 15th June 2017-capture.png  

appu.bhandari is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 20:11   #19
BHPian

Apparently the site had too much traffic during the day, so I gave up. Just tried placing the order now and the whole process from start to finish took less than two minutes. The experience was as smooth as buying anything from Amazon/flipkart.
nitishk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 22:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
"Finally placed order after trying for 2 hours. Beware guys! Just before checkout page your coupon gets removed and you are asked to pay full amount. Don't blindly go for payment. Use their Android app"

Happened to me as well.

Coupon is GETHELMET.

Ordered mine. Let's when if/when it gets delivered :P
I could order it within 5 mins with registration verification and ordering process.

Yes the coupon code gets erased but before final payment I applied the coupon and got it for Rs. 9/- via paytm.

Lets see what comes, have bought this to gift it too. Rs.9/- well spent
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 22:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I do not see anything funny here. See this Vega Helmet in Amazon which is 798 grams. I am not saying this is 100% genuine product. But, weight wise, this is in comparison with other helmets
Yes I am aware that some ISI marked helmets are even 798 grams, further goes to show how ridiculous the standards are, or how easily they are flouted. Please read my post above to understand why such a low weight is disconcerting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
While I agree with you that these helmets are not good quality safety gear, I would say that all of us should order these and give them to our staff like drivers, office peons etc. or just give to someone we see on a two-wheeler without a helmet. There are many people who aren't fortunate enough (or perhaps educated enough) to pay big bucks for a helmet.
These helmets are just there to stop the police from fining you. That's it. IMO if the construction is so light and the size is only L, then it serves next to no use. One might as well strap a soup bowl on their head and ride around town evading the cops. If these staff can afford any two-wheeler that is not a TVS XL super moped, then they can easily afford to drop 2k on a decent helmet.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 22:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
These helmets are just there to stop the police from fining you. That's it. IMO if the construction is so light and the size is only L, then it serves next to no use. One might as well strap a soup bowl on their head and ride around town evading the cops. If these staff can afford any two-wheeler that is not a TVS XL super moped, then they can easily afford to drop 2k on a decent helmet.
There's always some better helmet to get out there. For someone who's willing to spend 1k on a helmet, a better one is out there for 2k. For a person buying one for 5k, there's a better one for 10k. So on and so forth.

It is very easy to say that any person buying a basic bike or scooter should be able to pay 2k additional for a helmet. But reality is different. For someone who has saved up for 5 years to buy a Hero Splendor, additional 2k for a helmet is a lot of money. The money could pay for his child's quarterly school fee, or a big chunk of his monthly grocery bill. For such a person, a ₹800 helmet with okish build quality is certainly better than a ₹200 helmet with ridiculuos build quality.

Mods - Sorry for going slightly
amansanc is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 11:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
There's always some better helmet to get out there. For someone who's willing to spend 1k on a helmet, a better one is out there for 2k. For a person buying one for 5k, there's a better one for 10k. So on and so forth.
Its not about the cost, the build quality matters. And quality always has a price. The price that you pay to protect your life.

Quote:
It is very easy to say that any person buying a basic bike or scooter should be able to pay 2k additional for a helmet. But reality is different. For someone who has saved up for 5 years to buy a Hero Splendor, additional 2k for a helmet is a lot of money. The money could pay for his child's quarterly school fee, or a big chunk of his monthly grocery bill. For such a person, a ₹800 helmet with okish build quality is certainly better than a ₹200 helmet with ridiculuos build quality.
I hope the person spending his child's school fee or grocery bill could be educated that none of that could be paid if he didn't have a head.

No offence meant to your post sir but you have brought out the grim reality of our two wheeler owners mass mentality.

In my opinion the ISI standards should be raised rather than debating about the cost or quality of the helmets. Rather the helmets should be made compulsory and be added to the cost of the two wheeler so that people saving for 5 years could learn to save for 5 years and 1 more month.

I really pray to see that day when people wear helmets to protect their heads rather than avoiding police.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 11:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Its not about the cost, the build quality matters. And quality always has a price. The price that you pay to protect your life.

I hope the person spending his child's school fee or grocery bill could be educated that none of that could be paid if he didn't have a head.

No offence meant to your post sir but you have brought out the grim reality of our two wheeler owners mass mentality.

In my opinion the ISI standards should be raised rather than debating about the cost or quality of the helmets. Rather the helmets should be made compulsory and be added to the cost of the two wheeler so that people saving for 5 years could learn to save for 5 years and 1 more month.

I really pray to see that day when people wear helmets to protect their heads rather than avoiding police.
In our country it will never happen. People follow rules as discussed above to just avoid fines, they have no regards for there life or the others they endanger.

I thought it was the uneducated ones, but i am so surprised educated folks coming wrong way in Bangalore, and if you ask them why, you probably get blasted every time. It's there birth right to put anyone life in danger to save 1-2 minutes of there time, and fuel worth 5 rupees, as the U turn was a little far. My own apartment complex people do it, and when i have stopped them i have had stares which i guess are best avoided when going to office in morning.

Sorry for the OT and the rant.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 13:01   #25
BHPian

I also have more respect for Helmet when i fell from bike twice - due to stray dog coming between suddenly. Both times i had it. So I also ordered it yesterday, for somebody needy.
As all mentioned - site was way too slow around 5 o'clock , so tried at 7 o'clock & process done in 3 minutes flat. Coupon code was getting removed in checkout process as well.

Lets see whats outcome after 72 hours, will they fulfill order or not.

BTW if they cancel order, amount will be credited back successfully or not? has anybody encountered such scenario?
tushar_b is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:49   #26
BHPian

I got the order confirmation today on sms, so the initial jitters of this being a trick sale is confirmed that its real

Awaiting delivery now.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

I received the order confirmation couple of days back.

Let us wait and see whether we get helmet with 'ISI' mark or 'ISI' branded helmet

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd June 2017 at 10:53.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:52   #28
BHPian

While i received confirmation sms from them, but my friend received cancellation email from droom team. And we had ordered helmet at a same time. His bad luck.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

I had given them an incorrect mobile number and a very infrequently used email address. Logged in to see that I got the confirmation email yesterday.

"We will do our best to ship your order within 7-10 business days"
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:19   #30
BHPian

Yipieee!!!
I also received SMS about order confirmation. Now waiting for shipping details.
Those who would receive helmet, please do post about quality. As we know batch to batch quality may vary.
tushar_b is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote