Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th July 2017, 13:40   #16
BHPian

Hello green_ninja!
Congrats on your booking. I had 50% NCB while taking NIA insurance, hence I got it for ₹1500. It was comprehensive package ( not zero depreciation). Also, from April 1, 2017, the rates are increased. I took the insurance before that.

Crash guard here available for less than ₹ 1500. I got mine for free, since my cousin is the wholesale dealer for these accessories at Calicut.

Headlamp shade ( seen in Classic type) cost ₹110, at genuine parts dealer (not dealership) here. Might get cheap from local shops I believe.

If the tank cover is for storage purpose, I recommend side bags because using a tank cover would make smudges on the tank and over the time, it will lose its shining. It won't look good in the magic black color.
knightrider_7 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 15:28   #17

Default Re: Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Hello green_ninja!
Congrats on your booking. I had 50% NCB while taking NIA insurance, hence I got it for ₹1500. It was comprehensive package ( not zero depreciation). Also, from April 1, 2017, the rates are increased. I took the insurance before that.

Crash guard here available for less than ₹ 1500. I got mine for free, since my cousin is the wholesale dealer for these accessories at Calicut.

Headlamp shade ( seen in Classic type) cost ₹110, at genuine parts dealer (not dealership) here. Might get cheap from local shops I believe.

If the tank cover is for storage purpose, I recommend side bags because using a tank cover would make smudges on the tank and over the time, it will lose its shining. It won't look good in the magic black color.
Thank you. In that case I will get the insurance from NIA online as the dealership is quoting around 3700.

I will get the accessories from outside in that case. The tank cover or tank bag is just used to store papers and maybe a small item once in a while. It is more like an extra protection for the tank from scratches. I understand the tank will lose some of it's shine on the top around the petrol cap but that can usually be brought back to life with a little rubbing and polish.
green_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 22:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
Thank you. In that case I will get the insurance from NIA online as the dealership is quoting around 3700.

I will get the accessories from outside in that case. The tank cover or tank bag is just used to store papers and maybe a small item once in a while. It is more like an extra protection for the tank from scratches. I understand the tank will lose some of it's shine on the top around the petrol cap but that can usually be brought back to life with a little rubbing and polish.
It makes sense to take NIA insurance then.

For storage, the left side box has enough space for the items you mentioned.

For the tank protection, you may try PPF. Its costly, but looks good. Someone had already done it. See the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...d-500-a-3.html (Undying hunger, my 5th Royal Enfield - The Thunderbird 500)

By the way, when is the delivery date?
Old 27th July 2017, 11:04   #19

Quote:
It makes sense to take NIA insurance then.

For storage, the left side box has enough space for the items you mentioned.

For the tank protection, you may try PPF. Its costly, but looks good. Someone had already done it. See the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/157475-undying-hunger-my-5th-royal-enfield-thunderbird-500-a-3.html (Undying hunger, my 5th Royal Enfield - The Thunderbird 500)

By the way, when is the delivery date?
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of side boxes. I might look into a saddle bag or just a hook to hang my own back pack if the situation demands later on. PPF seems to be too expensive. I could probably just get the tank painted for much cheaper if needed.

What do you think of tank pads on the sides like they have in the Classic? I checked with the dealer and they can do it for about 1k. I found some on Amazon for about 500.

Delivery date is 30-45 days from booking (25/07/17). They have promised to call me if they get any new stock earlier. I'll check with the sales exec. in two weeks.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:

What do you think of tank pads on the sides like they have in the Classic?

Delivery date is 30-45 days from booking (25/07/17).
I don't know about the actual cost of these pads. I think it is a good to have feature considering most of the time your knees will be touching the tank. Seen some pics in xbhp where someone had put it on the black electra. However, 1k is very overpriced according to me.

Keep calling the dealer more often. If you have ready cash and someone cancels his booking, you might get a chance to take delivery before the promised date. Waiting part is very frustrating.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
What do you think of tank pads on the sides like they have in the Classic? I checked with the dealer and they can do it for about 1k. I found some on Amazon for about 500.
I believe you can buy those tank pads from any accessory shop specializing in RE motorcycles. See if you are able to procure them through the RE after sales service store. They should not cost more than 500-600 rupees.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 14:39   #22

Thanks guys. I will check with the local accessory dealers. RE dealer said he might be able to get me a silver ES in 10 days if that customer cancels. I might end up taking that if available and put the tank pads. They will look good on silver but I'm not sure about the black.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I will check with the local accessory dealers. RE dealer said he might be able to get me a silver ES in 10 days if that customer cancels. I might end up taking that if available and put the tank pads. They will look good on silver but I'm not sure about the black.
Silver colour is a very good option. It is different and matches well with the chrome mudguards. Not a lot of them are seen on the roads. It was my second option after magic black.

Could you share the quote given by the dealer? I would like to know the prices after GST.
knightrider_7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 22:20   #24

Quote:
Could you share the quote given by the dealer? I would like to know the prices after GST.
Yes. OTR is Rs. 141,655/- in Coimbatore.

Ex. Showroom - 127,183
Road Tax + Regn. - 10,825
Insurance (NIA) - 3,647
green_ninja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 23:22   #25
BHPian

So that is approximately 3k reduction in OTR after GST.

Sharing another info regarding service charges at the RE authorized service centres ( Labour charges after the free services).
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES-1501178083908.jpg