Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th November 2017, 03:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Having said this, I hear a lot of positivity about Gixxer & this engine. I talked to a random owner who said he manages a 43 kmpl on highways on his Gixxer SF.
Hi swiftnfurious, I have a 2015 Gixxer which has run close to 20k kms. I regularly get 43-45 in city with a easy driving style in a thick traffic route. On the highway if we can keep the speedo in 60-80 range(which is highly impossible) I have got 55kmpl too. But the engine is so butter smooth, you won't realize doing speeds close to its redline at all. Absolutely minimal vibrations. You just have to drive to believe. The FZ V1 or even the V2 cannot hold a candle to the carbureted Gixxer, be it efficiency, in gear acceleration and even the refinement is equal to the FI'd FZV2.

Also IMHO, I think the Gixxer's engine with a superior torque is better suited for a wannabe cruiser than the rev happy low torque motor on the avenger. Most driving cruiers(I can say this as I have a TB 350 for 12yrs) would not prefer frequent gear changes and would want the motor to pull cleanly from low speed in higher gears. Which the Suzuki motor is a master of.
But Suzuki should have mated the 6 speed unit which was on the GS150R. That was a real gem. The 6th gear would have aided its cruising abilities further and made it even more efficient and stress free.

Last edited by swami.n : 10th November 2017 at 03:19.
swami.n is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 23:32   #92
BHPian

Default Re: The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340

Motorcycle is good, if we ignore underpowered engine, undersized tyres, and malnourished fork suspension. Oops, did I ignore everything in the motorcycle?
PetaWatt is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote