Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th August 2009, 20:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

You might want to check with Glix, Alipore. They have been doing HiDs for years..
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 18:53   #32

Checked with Glix-Alipore ... They have no idea for bikes. Matter of fact they in general does not have a good technical knowledge about HIDs. I asked for a Philips HID set # 858154K with a conventional Bulb base of H4 H/L 4200K 85815 P43t-38. They looked at me as I am from mars !!! With all due respect, they are just good to open the HID boxes, and fix the harness to battery to ballast and change the halogen in the headlight assembly to HID.
chitranshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 19:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

In that case, i would advice you to contact smokin on the forum.
He can help you with what kit is needed and can send it to you and you can get it fitted there itself.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 11:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I know this is a very old post. But I think this is the place where I can put my question.

I am looking for a H4 H/L xenon for my 6 years old CBZ classic. Can anyone direct me to any place in Kolkata where I can get such a product and how to install it. I have seen in some other threads that some from B'lore already did the same, but unfortunately not able to get in touch with them.
Moreover, can I buy a H4 H/L Car kit from philips and use one ballast and one tube for my bike ? Will it fit directly ? Any ideas anyone ? Please help ?
yes you can use the philips hid kit but why waste the whole kit which will cost you 9500/-

you can get in touch with aftermarket hid kit dealers which will provide you all the things at a reasonable one thise will cost you around 4500 with a hid bulb,wiring relay(to use it with high and low beams) and ballast and installation i suppose

a single beam h4 hid kit would cost you around 3000/- but it's just the single beam

or you can go with the bi-xenon projector setup too with angel eyes that would increase your visibility and looks good too
it would somewhat cost you around 12000/- including the hid kit,wiring relays,ballast,bi-xenon projectors,angel eyes(bmw rings)
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 20:08   #35

Can you direct me to any such places in kolkata where i can get HID kits for bikes ?
chitranshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 19:02   #36
BHPian

Default HID kit for pulsar 180: help needed

heyy guys!!

i have a pulsar 180, and i want to install HID lights for my bike. can anyone recommend me any good, reliable shops to fit these in chennai. also, are any modifications/upgrades to the battery required?? it has to be both high beam and low beam. dont mind spending about 3-4k but it has to be quality stuff. any suggestions guys?? any help is welcome!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 19:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

May be this thread can help you a bit.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...?highlight=HID (Xenons on a CBZ :))

EDIT :
I am not able to understand what exactly you want to do. You want to put in projector light ? Projector assembly can use either halogen or HID bulbs for light source. And you can also put in HID bulb in the current socket of P180. I think the base of P180 bulb is PX45T.

@all:
I am really confused when people write down HID kit. I fail to understand whether they just want to install HID bulbs or want to go for Project headlight setup with HID bulb as light source.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th September 2009 at 19:13.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 21:28   #38
BHPian

no i dont want the projector, its way too over-budget for me. i just want the bulb. does bosch sell HID 'bulbs' in chennai ??
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 15:02   #39

Default Re: Xenons on a CBZ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitranshu View Post
Checked with Glix-Alipore ... They have no idea for bikes. Matter of fact they in general does not have a good technical knowledge about HIDs. I asked for a Philips HID set # 858154K with a conventional Bulb base of H4 H/L 4200K 85815 P43t-38. They looked at me as I am from mars !!! With all due respect, they are just good to open the HID boxes, and fix the harness to battery to ballast and change the halogen in the headlight assembly to HID.
I had a CBZ myself and went ahead for a "LED setup". I had bad experience with HIDs on my Santro, following which I went for Philips Rally 100 130W with a relay and have been working perfectly with excellent spread and brightness. I got the LED setup from Wellington. I realized that we really need some good technicians/mechanics for bikes in Kolkata. Since biking is so less in Kolkata, we really do not have any experts for modifications apart from regular servicing. I recently bought a Karizma ZMA and sold my CBZ. I did take out the LED though.
Maverick14 is offline   Reply With Quote