Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 16:57   #511
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Guys, any luck with LS2 helmets in Hyderabad? At what prices?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
Not sure about the price, but you can try this place in Madhapur called - On The Rocks - Plot No 595, 596, Ayyappa Society, Hitech City, Near To Nanotel Hotel, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500033.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Bought an LS2 FF350 Crown. Feels Safe and Comfortable.
This one is for the Hyderabadis here...
I am looking for a lid with removable inner lining and DIY interchangeable visor. Any idea where I can find one? Any particular shop/brand I should be looking for? And most importantly, I want it in a SMALL size. The last time I checked at Abids, the AGVs and other better brands didn't come in my size.
How much do you think it would cost?

@mashmash, does your lid have removable inner lining and DIY interchangeable visor?
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:06   #512
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,548
Thanked: 1,718 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Guys, I am looking for a helmet for my 5 year old son. Any recommendations where I can find one? I appreciate any shops/ online stores that can deliver to Pune
TIA
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:23   #513
BHPian
 
prateekm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai & Pune
Posts: 741
Thanked: 300 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
This one is for the Hyderabadis here...
I am looking for a lid with removable inner lining and DIY interchangeable visor. Any idea where I can find one? Any particular shop/brand I should be looking for? And most importantly, I want it in a SMALL size. The last time I checked at Abids, the AGVs and other better brands didn't come in my size.
How much do you think it would cost?

@mashmash, does your lid have removable inner lining and DIY interchangeable visor?
I ain't a Hyderabadi, but I guess I can help you !

If you aren't on a budget, go for a LS2. It has got interchangable visor and a removable inner lining. Now, about the size, I didn't find any helmet in SMALL size when I was looking for one. LS2 starts from Large size, whereas Cross has medium size too. Solution? Buy a medium/large size helmet and wear a skull cap over your head before wearing a helmet. That will ensure it's a snug fit. Even I am doing the same
prateekm is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:51   #514
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post

@mashmash, does your lid have removable inner lining and DIY interchangeable visor?
Yes to both. I got it from Ved of Adventure on the rocks, Madhapur. He did have a smaller size too. Mine costed Rs.3250/-
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 05:33   #515
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default Re: The Riding Gear thread

Just got my AGV K3 Gothic black - my first good and expensive helmet , was juggling between a Dreamtime and this but finally settled for it, would test it in India when i come back with my bike.

Ordered a M but its a little tight, read of forums that it will loosen up a bit with time and helmets should be snug fit.


Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-agv-sized.jpg

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th June 2011 at 11:00. Reason: moved to the helmet thread.
coolboy007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 11:27   #516
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I ain't a Hyderabadi, but I guess I can help you !

If you aren't on a budget, go for a LS2. It has got interchangable visor and a removable inner lining. Now, about the size, I didn't find any helmet in SMALL size when I was looking for one. LS2 starts from Large size, whereas Cross has medium size too. Solution? Buy a medium/large size helmet and wear a skull cap over your head before wearing a helmet. That will ensure it's a snug fit. Even I am doing the same
But wouldn't I look like an alien, I mean with a large/medium size lid on my not so large/medium size frame!?


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Just got my AGV K3 Gothic black - my first good and expensive helmet , was juggling between a Dreamtime and this but finally settled for it, would test it in India when i come back with my bike.

Ordered a M but its a little tight, read of forums that it will loosen up a bit with time and helmets should be snug fit.


Attachment 568735
That's a bloody cool lid you've got there

Last edited by shyn : 29th June 2011 at 11:30.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 11:36   #517
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,306 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Yes to both. I got it from Ved of Adventure on the rocks, Madhapur. He did have a smaller size too. Mine costed Rs.3250/-
I'm not really familiar with Madhapur. Can you give me more specific directions to the store? Any landmark? Preferably, can you give me directions from Mercedes-Benz Madhapur?
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 11:41   #518
BHPian
 
prateekm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai & Pune
Posts: 741
Thanked: 300 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
But wouldn't I look like an alien, I mean with a large/medium size lid on my not so large/medium size frame!?


Do you wear a jacket/windcheater while riding? If yes, then it won't be much of a concern.
prateekm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 11:47   #519
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
I'm not really familiar with Madhapur. Can you give me more specific directions to the store? Any landmark? Preferably, can you give me directions from Mercedes-Benz Madhapur?
His place is quite close from the Merc Showroom. Once you reach the showroom, you could give him a call for further guidance. His place is basically on the parallel road to the Madhapur Road. I have sent his number to you via a PM.


MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 15:39   #520
BHPian
 
HighOctane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Yesterday got LS2 Phobia - latest with spider n ants print for Rs.2.4K at Megha Helmets near Urvashi Theatre. I think its good deal.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 14:55   #521
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 258 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Some pics of my LS2 Red Phobia. Got it for my new CBR.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc02477.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc02478.jpg  

rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 17:08   #522
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,402
Thanked: 2,771 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Some pics of my LS2 Red Phobia. Got it for my new CBR.
nice one rk. should have maybe gotten a red one - will match the colour of the bike then!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:18   #523
BHPian
 
mantrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 102 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Some pics of my LS2 Red Phobia. Got it for my new CBR.

Great Lid. How much was the damage?

Also, they would have something in Black/Grey combo as well right?
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:21   #524
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 258 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Great Lid. How much was the damage?

Also, they would have something in Black/Grey combo as well right?
3k
If i remember, i think they have the black/grey combo.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:30   #525
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 296
Thanked: 205 Times
Default re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Vega Moto Cross - Rs.1650
Attached Images
 
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tips to drive better: But are the tips correct? Spinnerr Technical Stuff 11 22nd June 2009 13:00
Need Help/Tips in Buying Used Lancer in Hyderabad rajatkumar Sedans 11 19th February 2008 17:15
Tips needed for buying a Used Zen mithun Hatchbacks 12 30th August 2007 01:56
Secondhand Avenger buying tips realmumbhai Motorbikes 7 28th September 2006 09:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:01.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks