Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th January 2010, 04:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

This must be an old law and its not like this anymore. People who ride motorcycles without RVMs are likely to get fined.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 07:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

All this is confusing;as far as I know,all two wheelers(since Kinetic Honda) came fac fitted with two rearview mirrors ONLY becasue it was mandatory as per Motor Vehicle Rules 1988.

All I can say is that both Rear view mirrors are a MUST-no compromise. They give you such a good idea of traffic behind that glancing at them even for a split second gives us good judgement.I rode a bike last week which had no ORVM and was feeling like a fish out of water
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 10:45   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
All this is confusing;as far as I know,all two wheelers(since Kinetic Honda) came fac fitted with two rearview mirrors ONLY becasue it was mandatory as per Motor Vehicle Rules 1988.

All I can say is that both Rear view mirrors are a MUST-no compromise. They give you such a good idea of traffic behind that glancing at them even for a split second gives us good judgement.I rode a bike last week which had no ORVM and was feeling like a fish out of water
Exactly, FISH OUT OF THE WATER is the most appropriate phrase for it.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote