| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th February 2007, 05:47||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 59 Times
Use of the ExhausTEC on Bajaj bikes
I've heard that ExhausTEC is a Exhaust Torque Expansion Chamber meant to improve low/mid-range torque. 80 % of the exhaust gases is allowed to leave from the bike and the rest 20% of the accumulated exhaust is sent back into a chamber which hits the pistons to give some extra torque. Is this true ?
BUT, I'm having a small doubt.......
The final stroke is the exhaust stroke where the exhaust valve opens as the piston moves from BDC to TDC. Then how will the gases enter the chamber ? The exhaust valve would close as soon the piston comes down as the intake valve opens.
Techies please explain more about this patented Bajaj technology.......
And which are the other cars/bikes utilising similar technology in India/abroad ?
|25th February 2007, 11:53||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
If you find a TVS Xl 70cc moped,just take a peek underneath,you will find a matchbox size resonator,in a two stroke it helps providing backpressure and improving low/mid range torque.
But the exhaustec,feel more like a gimmick to me.I think its meant for giving better exhaust note.
|21st June 2007, 19:43||#4|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Thanked: 19,814 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cell phone use on bikes||GutsyGibbon||Motorbikes||28||28th August 2013 21:34|
|Pics, converted Bajaj for handicaped use||Sudarshan||Motorbikes||7||13th July 2010 14:09|
|help me choose for 60% highway use 40% city use||nawabnabeel||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||43||7th April 2009 17:48|
|Cops can use Imported Bikes assembled from parts?||Steeroid||Motorbikes||11||19th January 2009 06:56|
|YO bikes - The ECO-fiendly bikes !||normally_crazy||Motorbikes||5||10th October 2006 18:37|