Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th February 2007, 05:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Question Use of the ExhausTEC on Bajaj bikes

I've heard that ExhausTEC is a Exhaust Torque Expansion Chamber meant to improve low/mid-range torque. 80 % of the exhaust gases is allowed to leave from the bike and the rest 20% of the accumulated exhaust is sent back into a chamber which hits the pistons to give some extra torque. Is this true ?

BUT, I'm having a small doubt.......

The final stroke is the exhaust stroke where the exhaust valve opens as the piston moves from BDC to TDC. Then how will the gases enter the chamber ? The exhaust valve would close as soon the piston comes down as the intake valve opens.

Techies please explain more about this patented Bajaj technology.......

And which are the other cars/bikes utilising similar technology in India/abroad ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2007, 11:53   #2
BHPian

If you find a TVS Xl 70cc moped,just take a peek underneath,you will find a matchbox size resonator,in a two stroke it helps providing backpressure and improving low/mid range torque.
But the exhaustec,feel more like a gimmick to me.I think its meant for giving better exhaust note.
hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 05:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

No Techie replies yet........!!!!
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 19:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Please explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I've heard that ExhausTEC is a Exhaust Torque Expansion Chamber meant to improve low/mid-range torque. 80 % of the exhaust gases is allowed to leave from the bike and the rest 20% of the accumulated exhaust is sent back into a chamber which hits the pistons to give some extra torque. Is this true ?

BUT, I'm having a small doubt.......

The final stroke is the exhaust stroke where the exhaust valve opens as the piston moves from BDC to TDC. Then how will the gases enter the chamber ? The exhaust valve would close as soon the piston comes down as the intake valve opens.

Techies please explain more about this patented Bajaj technology.......

And which are the other cars/bikes utilising similar technology in India/abroad ?
Any of the experts here, please explain this question. I was looking for the same info, and found only this un-answered thread upon searching.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote