Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th March 2007, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Default Strange Sound from Yamaha RXZ Gearbox - Need Help!

Guys this is rajeev. Remember??? i need your help regarding my yamaha rxz. i am marking a strange CRRRRRRRRRRRR sound from the gear box of my yamaha rxz.pls tell me what is the sound and how to get rid of it. i am very tense. mail4ajo can you help me plzzz. what i have to check to stop the sound?
Thank You All In Advance
Rajeev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 02:36   #2
BHPian

Are you sure its coming from the gear box or the chain sprocket? My suggestion is to put you bike on the stand and let it idle with choke on, then change gears and try to identify where exactly the noise is coming from.

If it is coming from the gear box then over to your mechanic, if its from the chain sprocket check front and rear sprocket for wear and also check if the chain is too loose.

Last edited by yogesh sarkar : 26th March 2007 at 02:37.
yogesh sarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 02:41   #3
BHPian

hi Rajeev , how did you pin point the source of noise ?? it could be an engine bearing noise too , could you please describe it in more detail ? do you hear it while you rev it in neutral or when you engage the gear?
spookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 03:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

methinks it could be a chain problem. My friend had a similar sound ( it does sound deceptively similar to a gearbox related noise) coming from his yamaha and it turned out to be a chain related noise. His chain was too loose but it was not as loud as the gear related sound would have been. Hope urs is related to the chain too.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 23:01   #5
BHPian

thanx for your reply guys.the sound is from the housing, i think. today i visited the mech of yamaha service station. he suggested me to adjust the 2t flow more flow of 2t. he also suggested not to worry. guys i need your valuable suggestion.
Rajeev29 is offline   Reply With Quote