Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th October 2007, 04:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

as you guys have seen that i have almost completed the cosmetic changes i will soon start the engine mods too as and when i find time!

i am en quiring about the best exhaust and the sprocket set for unicorn now for my budget let me see what i can dig up and i will keep you guys posted!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 09:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey put a smaller headlamp in it. !this one makes it look like a star city when viewed head on!!!! and If possible, put a lil bigger size tire in front. (handling may suffer tho)
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:44   #63
BHPian

Bro! like someone suggested, get a xtreme cam for urself, ur mid and top will get gains! get the ports done, if you plan to bore the engine what piston will you be using? Also consider bumping up the compression a bit.
If you plan to use a custom filter please upjet accordingly or it wont give you the gains ur looking for.
Finally when all this is done then go in for a custom exhaust and try sprocketing.

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 16:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Very nice looking Uni!!! A job well done!! Now for a few suggestions....

First, get those stickers off the bike except for the Honda symbol on the tank........ give the bike a nice thorough wash'n'polish, and take some pics in the early morning or evening light instead of in pitch dark. Your bike will look much much better then.

How about reducing the length of the rear mudguard a bit? Not completley, because then you will be a nuisance to other commuters behind you on dirt roads and in the rain.
Stepped seats are avaliable for dirt cheap prices. It will go very well with your bike's theme.

THEN....you can go to the real deal, the performance mods.....which ssjr has already posted a little about.

Please remember to not do all the mods in one go, and to perfect each mod before going to the next.

Cheers
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 09:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

i will put up the snaps of the bike shot in sunshine soon!

@jayD
dude suggest me one head light that is bigger than pulsar's and the one currently on the bike i think the size the between them both will suit best but i am unable to find one in the market, well any brand suggestions from your end are welcome thanks in advance!
Old 19th October 2007, 16:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Very nice looking Uni!!! A job well done!! Now for a few suggestions....

First, get those stickers off the bike except for the Honda symbol on the tank........ give the bike a nice thorough wash'n'polish, and take some pics in the early morning or evening light instead of in pitch dark. Your bike will look much much better then.

How about reducing the length of the rear mudguard a bit? Not completley, because then you will be a nuisance to other commuters behind you on dirt roads and in the rain.
Stepped seats are avaliable for dirt cheap prices. It will go very well with your bike's theme.

THEN....you can go to the real deal, the performance mods.....which ssjr has already posted a little about.

Please remember to not do all the mods in one go, and to perfect each mod before going to the next.

Cheers
After market step seats? Where do u find that? I thght for the Unicorn it has to be fabricated coz the P200 ones does not fit the Unicorn.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 19:34   #67
BHPian

rider60-please wash your bike before taking snaps,remove the limited edition sticker as well as the white writing on the seats.otherwise nice looking bike.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 20:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
After market step seats? Where do u find that? I thght for the Unicorn it has to be fabricated coz the P200 ones does not fit the Unicorn.
I am sorry, I meant the kind of step seats you find on the Apache.

What I meant was something like this:
http://blogs.nowpos.com/UserFiles/ja...ache160_10.jpg

Whereas what you had in mind was this:
http://techblues.files.wordpress.com...pulsar_200.jpg

You can get these Apache kind of seats fabricated, and they are not very costly if you know where to find the guys to do the work. I was offered these kind of seats for my bike when I took it to get the seat changed. I opted for the stock design with better foaming in the end
Old 20th October 2007, 16:59   #69
BHPian

Default unicorn mods

Is doing wheelie in a stock unicorn possible? what modifications are required to get the torque as in RX 100 please suggest me the modifications for increasing the torque in my unicorn 2005 model that has run 16000kms.

The bike is giving around 40 kmpl and pickup is ok.
what milege does a normal stock bike give some people boast their bike gives around 55-60 kms per litre is it true.
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 01:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

well yes its true that the bike gives me 55+ kmpl even with the mags and the 120/80-18 tyre at rear but the condition for the bike to return that kind of mileage is that there should never even once should be sudden acceleration, the rpm should not cross 3500rpm at any cost and should reasonably be above 2500 rpm. well try this and the bike should return you the best mileage it possibly can!

if you want the better initial torque then try the changing of the sprocket to one with more teeth this will increase initial torque and you should be able to do your wheelie i suggest a to upgrade the rear sprocket to one with not more than 4 teeth compared to the stock sprocket! remember your high end speed will be affected though

if you want more top end then you can decrease the teeth! and you your low end suffer though in this case!
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

people i have washed my bike and clicked it while it was nice and clean here is link to the pics from my T-BHP garage!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ture-1175.html
Old 24th October 2007, 17:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
I am sorry, I meant the kind of step seats you find on the Apache.

What I meant was something like this:
http://blogs.nowpos.com/UserFiles/ja...ache160_10.jpg

Whereas what you had in mind was this:
http://techblues.files.wordpress.com...pulsar_200.jpg

You can get these Apache kind of seats fabricated, and they are not very costly if you know where to find the guys to do the work. I was offered these kind of seats for my bike when I took it to get the seat changed. I opted for the stock design with better foaming in the end
That kind of apache thing can be done infact its there on my bike...just some extra thinner foam for the rear and some scrapping of the foam frm the rider seat and a new seat cover...thats all is required.

A step seat if you say is the kind u get with p200 or p220, i.e. two separate seats.....if any1 has done such a thing for the Unicorn it will be great to know.

Btw the Xtreme cams has been bought for 650 bucks and will be fitted soon...its a slightly higher lift cam so the performance should increase, in a sence the Unicorn engine will become more breezerier (if theres such a word )
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 12:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

yeah please give us a feedback! i need it too if the bike is fine with the Xtreme's cam!
Old 25th October 2007, 22:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Btw the Xtreme cams has been bought for 650 bucks and will be fitted soon...its a slightly higher lift cam so the performance should increase, in a sence the Unicorn engine will become more breezerier (if theres such a word )
A few more details please? where did you get them? Who makes them?
Old 26th October 2007, 00:32   #75
BHPian

ha bhai.. at last your cosmetic job is done. i see you put the new uni's sticker job on it. One thing.... a suugestion is why dont you try fitting a lil lenthy swingarm....

where did you get the job from?
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote