Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th October 2010, 19:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
not sure about other dealers, but one dealer here in chennai (the one near chintamani signal, annanagar) told me a waiting period of about 3 months for the ZMR. they didnt even have a test ride vehicle..
Dude, ZMR has long waiting periods all over. The thread starter is asking about the ZMA R and not the ZMR!
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 20:24   #32
BHPian

I think he should buy the R-15 if I understand anything about your friend here.

And just wondering, a guy with a 90 grand budget is worrying about spares?

I have a 220 DTS-i, it doesn't have cold start problems. The bike needs a little running in before the carbs actually lay down their cards.
anubhavarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 22:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what Praful says.

If I am getting his psyche right, he is a fan of fairings and is not really going the rip the bike much.

The ZMR (not ZMA) matches his requirements perfectly. It looks great and is a reasonable all-rounder.

He can try pushing for an early delivery, but I think it really is in short supply these days.

The perfect city commuter remains the new Unicorn (Dazzler).

P220 is bought by performance enthusiasts. I doubt it would appeal much to him, it doesn't look great (my opinion!), but is quite fast!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 19:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
+1 to what Praful says.

If I am getting his psyche right, he is a fan of fairings and is not really going the rip the bike much.

The ZMR (not ZMA) matches his requirements perfectly. It looks great and is a reasonable all-rounder.

He can try pushing for an early delivery, but I think it really is in short supply these days.

The perfect city commuter remains the new Unicorn (Dazzler).
1.you've actually got it the other way round.he doesn't want a bike with fairing.he's scared if the bike takes a fall, it'll hurt his pocket.
2.yes, he's not going to rip the bike much.
3.definitely not the ZMR! he made it very clear to me in the beginning itself(on of my classmates, his sworn enemy, has a white ZMR)
4.about the dazzler, he wants a few bragging rights but without a lot of show.for example, he would buy a ZMA-R but in black, not in yellow/red.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 00:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... I guess he could pick whatever he likes from the list.

The Dazzler is a great city bike. The Apache is great fun to ride. The ZMA-R is an okay city bike, but a good tourer.
I doubt he would want to look at cheaper bikes.

I guess he should wait for the ZMA-R because it seems a matter of choice now, not reason.
If he likes it, he should pick it up rather than regret picking up something else later.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 19:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Dude, ZMR has long waiting periods all over. The thread starter is asking about the ZMA R and not the ZMR!
oops!! sorry my bad!! i had inquired about the ZMA R aswell and he told me there was a similar waiting period..
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote