Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th October 2008, 17:35   #31

Originally Posted by rangan View Post
you mean to say that the tank would have fuel, but it isnt quite being delivered??
If your strainer is good then yeah, else you are running on seriously low average (<10 kmpl) or your strainer has any problem (its reserve quantity seperation got corrupted someway!!??) There is a chance that you don't have 1.25ltr in reserve instead you have only some 100-200 ml. Check your tank and replace your strainer/fule tap. That is why I said to run a test by filling the tank atleast 1.5 ltr and open the tap (collect the petrol in another bottle) to know how much petrol is coming out after once it hits reserve.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 19:32   #32
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Attained Bullet Nirvana

I cycle to office these days. So my tb is used way less than before. Plus I have a large tank and no odometer.
I honestly don't remember when I filled in fuel.

Last Monday, I took my bike to office. She was a charm getting there. On the return it had some trouble. Switched off. Would not stay on. Idled at some specific rpm. Would suddenly move to extreme high rpms.
Had a crazy ride back home. I did not have to push the bike at all. She was just messing with my mind.

I decided that maybe its time I get her serviced. So the next day, I cycled down to my mechanic and fixed up an appointment for 19 December.

On Thursday, took the bike out to pick up some milk. Same story. But she brought me back home. I would have had to push it uphill but the sweetheart brings me home.

That evening I tinker with her. The sparks are fine. The tank has the sound of fuel. Air filter is dry and clean. Now she no longer starts.

Finally, I decide to remove the fuel line and check the flow.
Main is dry. Reserve is just a trickle.

Today brought home 2 L of petrol.
Added it to the tank and then drained the carb.

My 8.5 year old bike has had issues with water getting into the tank. About 2 tablespoons were collected in the carb.

Second kick, bike roars to life.

The sweetheart brought me home, some 8 kms on just fumes.
The next day she brings me back from the shop. On just love.

I am so in love with this bike of mine. I cannot thank God enough for having blessed me with my silver tb. She is the best of the best of the best.

I love her with all my heart.

Last edited by bblost : 17th December 2011 at 19:34.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 07:18   #33
Smile Re: Attained Bullet Nirvana

^ romancing the bullet
Rennjit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote