Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st May 2007, 09:29   #1
BHPian

Default YAMAHA RX-100 Shocks which one ??

Hi All

I am all set to replace the rear shocks of my Rx-100 ( Changing it for the 1st time, after 13 long years :-) ). Before i go in for the buy, i would want to know which make of shocks should i go for. I have Gabriel in mind. The other day i went to a nearby YAM showroom to check for the shocks, but the dealers we in no position to tell me abt the make they were selling. They just said Yamaha original !! They quoted me Rs/-680 each. I do not wnt to go for the gas shocks coz i want to keep my bike in stock condition. Can someone suggest me which could be the best option to go for ?? pls suggest !!

Regards

Jango
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 10:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

I know you mentioned you don't want to screw around with the original looks/setup- but try Endurance. Although gas-charged, these are some of the best dampers available yet; makes you really ponder over the advantages of a monoshock- such is the damping.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 11:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
I know you mentioned you don't want to screw around with the original looks/setup- but try Endurance. Although gas-charged, these are some of the best dampers available yet; makes you really ponder over the advantages of a monoshock- such is the damping.
@veryron can u pls tell me more abt Endurance. Where can i find one also abt the cost !!. Would definitely like to know more abt it !!
Old 21st May 2007, 11:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Endurance have been manufacturing gas-charged shockers since quite some time. Their "nitroxx" variants are currently doing duty on the Pulsars. Endurance are OEM suppliers for other manufacturers as well. I believe they have heavier rated dampers for the RE Thunderbird/Machismo as well.

Check it out with any reputed mech.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 12:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Endurance have been manufacturing gas-charged shockers since quite some time. Their "nitroxx" variants are currently doing duty on the Pulsars. Endurance are OEM suppliers for other manufacturers as well. I believe they have heavier rated dampers for the RE Thunderbird/Machismo as well.

Check it out with any reputed mech.
Thanks Veyron will do that
Old 21st May 2007, 17:03   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

You'll get two types of Endurance gas shocks, one for the pulsar and one for the bullet. The pulsar gas shocks are longer than the stock Yam units and it won't look good with the stock wheels and the swingarm. It'll make the bike sit higher. I had the pulsar gas shock on my RX but it had 16" wheels and a longer Fazer swingarm which made the height correct because the shocks sit farther away. The shocks are good.

My advice is that if you're using original shocks then dont go for Pulsar gas shocks, try the Bullet ones for length.. it might be a lil stiffer for the RX though. It's 1.1K here.

Or else try the Apache's Gabriel gas shocks, it's good as well. I dont know about the length i'm sorry. Take one old shocker with you when you go to buy any of these.

If you want the original shocker then don't buy it from the dealer, it's available outside for 800chillar for the PAIR.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:06   #7
BHPian

Thanks Sankar i will try out the shocks in JC Road !! thanks for the inputs