| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th March 2007, 05:18||#395|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked: 46 Times
yeah its carbed but there are lot of bolt-on kits for old GSX-R's on which this bike's engine is based. ah well, its got enough power for me (and the cops) to handle so turbo's out for now. slip-on exhaust, maybe...
|21st March 2007, 14:41||#397|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 261 Times
my childhood in the late seventies and early eighties was spent on the pillion seat of bikes like bsa, norton, triumph and an rd 350, the first bike i rode was an ind suzuki in about 1987/88, and the first i owned was a bloody hero majestic moped because bikes are frowened upon in my family because one of my uncles died on one. the moped was just to shut my desire for a two wheeler... but i modified it and it could touch speeds of upto 65 km or so!! then in college i secretly bought an old BSA m20 but hardly got to ride it because it was parked at a friends. the friend unfortunately died in an accident and his mechanic at whose place the bike was parked made it "dissapear"
when i was old enough not to care what people at home say, i bought an AJS 350 single which should be ready after restoration soon. i recently bought a rajdoot GTS aka Bobby which is my current ride. so im a part time easy rider..though the most powerful bike i rode, is a Ducati Monster Corsa, in Scotland a few years ago... didnt like it...too fast for a non rider, the power scared me.
|25th March 2007, 09:11||#398|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Latest member of my family
Just bought a BMW F650. Love the bike. So now I have a F650, Ninja ZX7R, Karizma and an Accord.
|28th March 2007, 17:03||#400|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Thanked: 66 Times
That was my post long back.
And this was the 600 that I used to ride till I sold it about an year back
Subsequently I bought a secondhand rx 135 for daily use.
It's fun to ride, but of course nowhere close in terms of power to my current bike, the CBR 954 RR.
That's me on my new babe !!
|28th March 2007, 17:12||#401|
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanked: 213 Times
Karizma for daily commute to office.
Accord for the nights out
7R for that rush only a good sportsbike can provide
F650 for touring India!
You are an astute buyer I must say!
|29th March 2007, 16:09||#402|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 111 Times
Hey guys, sold the 919 Fireblade. I am riding a 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird now.
|29th March 2007, 19:22||#403|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 30 Times
Speed thrills, no issues if that kills!!
Two-wheeler fan to the core, never thought of owning a four wheeler in my distant dreams!! Always wanted to ride fast and impress people around in the process met with accidents regularly as there never used to be proper roads and no traffic sense what so ever in the people from the town where I come from!!! Basically an Automobile engineer and now into consulting (SAP). Here is my two-wheeler list:
1. Bajaj Super scooter (1986-2003) - My Dad's personal vehicle
2. Rajdoot 250CC (1987-88) - My Dad's office vehicle and we (me n my brothers) used to steal it for rounds in the nights!!
3. Hero Honda - Sleek (1990-2003) - my own bike!! I loved it for its dependability and smooth ride, cloaked more than 100000 kms!! we, all close friends, had this bike in the circle,till date I am identified with that bike. . "sleek-shivu"!!! handed over to my brother when I went to UK for my higher education, he still uses it though she is aged
4. Kinetic Honda (2003-2004) - purchased it second hand from a army guy for 4000 INR!! and spent more than 18000 rupees to modify it!! I got its engine re-bored to accomodate Yamaha 135's kit and fitted it with an Exhaust chamber and a funky colour. It was a terrific bike with awesome power, I loved it. Unfortunately, the engine got seized and I had revert back to the original specs which I didn't like n I gave it to one of my friends.
5. Yamaha RX100 (2005-Current) - Again a second hand bike. Again spent more than 25k on it to get it to shape,it's a dream bike with fancy tripple colour pattern and excellent power (Yamaha 135's Kit again). I am crazy about it, some time later i will post the pictures
My Dream bikes: I like to have a RD 350, a 400CC SBK, a 600CC SBK, a 1000CC SBK, a 250CC Dirt bike, if any of you come across with a bike of these kind for sale, do message me!! and make sure that the finance option works too!! I am from a middle class family you know.
I may think of an SUV, as the age is catching up :( , death wish: a HUMMER
|3rd April 2007, 13:57||#404|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
ihave been into biking for years
ma first bike- rx 100
third bike-yahama rxg 1998
forth bike-yahama 1997 4 gear
|4th April 2007, 23:50||#405|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Thanked: 9 Times
Bajaj Sunny, and Kinetic Honda..
Not sure where to post this question- I'd like to buy a bike. I'm looking at getting something in the 500cc-700cc range.
Could anyone living in the US please give me some pointers on how to get started with the process of getting a bike... I have no idea how expensive bikers insurance gets..so any info on this would be appreciated.
Mods- sorry for posting this here, I really have no clue whom to PM and get info from..
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ride on 'Bangalore Bikers Circuit' - Kanakapura, Anchetty, Denkanikottai, Panchapalli & Attibele||nandita_bayan21||Travelogues||9||14th December 2015 12:06|
|Happy Fiftieth Birthday : Many Many Happy Returns Jaguar 'E' Type||issigonis||Beyond Borders||7||8th March 2011 13:52|
|Many Many Happy returns Of the DAY SRK!!||SohailPistawala||Shifting gears||4||31st March 2008 18:17|
|Bikers Meet Mumbai What you say?||pdev29||The Team-BHP Meet Section||189||9th August 2006 18:00|