Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 11:13   #1006
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
I'm sure I'll learn a lot.
So when are you guys coming for a Darj/ Sikkim/ NE ride?

Regards
Sutripta
Will definitely give you a shout should something come up.

What do you ride Sutripta? Ex bikes, years/kms in the saddle?

Here are mine (been riding for over 20 years now with around 300,000 kms of ownership kms - briefly had an RD350 and a Roadking also as medium term loaners in college, which I'm not counting here, though I did rack up some decent kms on my friend's RD):

Kinetic 1 year (15K kms)

KB100 RTZ 10 years (approx. 1.5 lac kms when I sold her - worst decision of my riding life)

Pulsar 180 2 years (25K kms)

Bullet 500 (Std) 10 years and counting (approx. 60K kms)

Machismo LB500 4 years (40K kms)

Classic 500 4 months (5K kms)

KTM Duke 200 5 months and counting (5K kms)

Last edited by ebonho : 31st July 2012 at 11:32.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 21:56   #1007
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 2,072 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

^^^
Had my first car before I had my first bike! Which was a RD. Bought new. (Still have it with me, though not in running condition).
Bikes here and there inbetween.
Currently (apart from the RD) a TBTS and a CBR250R.
KMs: Insignificant!

Regards
Sutripta

PS. Wern't you quite the Pulsar fan?
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 10:56   #1008
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Had my first car before I had my first bike! Which was a RD. Bought new. (Still have it with me, though not in running condition).
Bikes here and there inbetween.
Currently (apart from the RD) a TBTS and a CBR250R.
KMs: Insignificant!

Regards
Sutripta

PS. Wern't you quite the Pulsar fan?
Kms are always significant. Gives some perspective amidst the anonymity of the Internet. Must be the "world view" thingy again I guess ....

I have always been a fan of all the bikes I have owned. Unabashedly so. With the probable exception of the Classic 500 which I never somehow connected with.

You see, true biking is about being passionate about the ride and what you ride.

Otherwise one is just a commuter ..... or a cager. Or a born again biker.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 1st August 2012 at 11:10.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 19:43   #1009
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

KB100 RTZ 10 years (approx. 1.5 lac kms when I sold her - worst decision of my riding life)
Hi, WHich was the worst decision ? I hope it was selling the RTZ, because I find most of the RTZ owners are passionate about RTZ. I do have an RTZ, only grouse being that it is not original RTZ, but Bajaj RTZ since I bought this during September 1995! But still it is running good!
srikanthns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 20:23   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 2,072 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Otherwise one is just a commuter ..... or a cager. Or a born again biker.
Cager? Biker? Commuter? Born Again? Me? I'm just a (wannabe) mechanic!

Quote:
You see, true biking is about being passionate about the ride and what you ride.
Think passion is at odds with the world view of aged, jaded, cynical men. Ergo I'm not passionate as a mech either!

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 02:02   #1011
BHPian
 
mclarenracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 113
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

since last November 4th, Ducati monster 696, only managed 1100 miles on it in 8 months, since office is less than 2 miles away, but i can joyfully say i have spent less than $80 so far on petrol.
mclarenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:53   #1012
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Hi, WHich was the worst decision ? I hope it was selling the RTZ, because I find most of the RTZ owners are passionate about RTZ. I do have an RTZ, only grouse being that it is not original RTZ, but Bajaj RTZ since I bought this during September 1995! But still it is running good!
Absolutely bro - my KB100 RTZ, gunmetal grey. MVT 4961. The first lot RTZ immeiately the year after the all-Jap KB100. Long before the Indianized "Delta." The most amazing firing she had man. I bought her in 1992 for 14K second hand from an Iranian student who was going back home. Courted my wife on her. Had our first child, who started riding on the tank when he was just 9 months old (he is 15 now). Was a struggling doc at the time, with our second kid on the way, and the lure of the Pulsar 180 was too strong, so sold her for just 10K in 2002. I would buy her back in a jiffy if I see her today. She was always "Simone" for us. Never felt more miserable than to see the buyer ride her out of my compound, and our lives. :(

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd August 2012 at 10:55.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:58   #1013
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Cager? Biker? Commuter? Born Again? Me? I'm just a (wannabe) mechanic!
Not you, and not unless the proverbial shoe .....

Quote:
Think passion is at odds with the world view of aged, jaded, cynical men. Ergo I'm not passionate as a mech either!

Regards
Sutripta
You are only as old or young as you let yourself feel.

I think you need some cold mountain air. Must be the Kolkata smog.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:22   #1014
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Had my first car before I had my first bike! Which was a RD. Bought new. (Still have it with me, though not in running condition).
Bikes here and there inbetween.
Currently (apart from the RD) a TBTS and a CBR250R.
KMs: Insignificant!

Regards
Sutripta

PS. Wern't you quite the Pulsar fan?
I am few of the avid and dedicated RDian.
It is so great to know, you own one but sad at the same time of her being not breathing.

I understand that you might have strings attached to her and hence still not apart from you.

But if you need a caretaker for her let me know.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:28   #1015
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
sold her for just 10K in 2002. I would buy her back in a jiffy if I see her today. :(
Oh man... why?

I still havent found any compared to my NOMAD even after the tantrums i face. I remember those hard times after graduation and before job. Family opposed keeping NOMAD but I still clinged to.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:35   #1016
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

My bikes are:

1. Kinetic Luna (Not sure of the manf.)-Didn't exactly own it but restored it after 15 years of non usage and had fun for 3 months riding in the ground. April 2004-June 2004

2. Pulsar 180 DTS-i UG3 (Sept 2006-present) - Was gifted by my grandfather, and till date is one of the best gifts i've got!

No plans of changing or upgrading this as i'm more a car guy, however the R15 2.0 and 2012 Ninja 650 make my heart skip a beat!
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 14:26   #1017
BHPian
 
aa_asif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KL 07 > KA 03
Posts: 244
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

Started with Kinetic Honda during my 11th grade in 1999, Upgraded to Yamaha RXZ (4-Speed) in 12th grade,

After 14 exciting years of RXZing, I've added a KTM Duke to my stable 2 weeks back.
aa_asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:14   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 2,072 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Not you, and not unless the proverbial shoe .....
How do you carry something as fragile as glass slippers?! Special bungee cords!

Quote:
You are only as old or young as you let yourself feel.
There is a variation (which I can't repeat in a family forum) which might be closer to the truth.

Quote:
I think you need some cold mountain air. Must be the Kolkata smog.
Thinking not yet fogged/ smogged! Ananda can wait. (But will possibly do a small run in Sep.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
I am few of the avid and dedicated RDian.
Actually 'I' have 2 RDs in my garage. (Someone rode down from Delhi on one. It is garaged at my place.)

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:49   #1019
BHPian
 
revv_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Will definitely give you a shout should something come up.

Here are mine (been riding for over 20 years now with around 300,000 kms of ownership kms - briefly had an RD350 and a Roadking also as medium term loaners in college, which I'm not counting here, though I did rack up some decent kms on my friend's RD):

Kinetic 1 year (15K kms)

KB100 RTZ 10 years (approx. 1.5 lac kms when I sold her - worst decision of my riding life)

Pulsar 180 2 years (25K kms)

Bullet 500 (Std) 10 years and counting (approx. 60K kms)

Machismo LB500 4 years (40K kms)

Classic 500 4 months (5K kms)

KTM Duke 200 5 months and counting (5K kms)
Hey doc,

I have been following your KTM Duke 200 thread ardently.

Good to see the bike you had owned and you own now.

My uncle had a KB 100 during 1990's for 5 yrs and i love to ride with him in it. It was drool worthy in front of Rx and Ind-suzuki bikes. Bajaj was always the ones the bring in all the gadgets and tech in their bikes first.

It has a full fledged RPM meter with fuel gauge and a very good design. I liked it exhaust note too.

Following were my stride with machines with two wheels.

1) lawn mower (1990) seriously loved mowing using it when i was a kid
2) Kinetic Honda - few 1000's as i borrowed my grand dad's bike for a few months.
2) Bajaj Chetak (1981 model - learnt riding on that)
3) Enfield Explorer ( I dont know how many of them still do remember it)
4) Yamaha RX - 135 (5 Speed) - clocked 82K Kms in 8 yrs and still clicking.
5) RE Bullet Std. 350 - @ 26.5k Kms in 4 yrs.

I'm looking to trade my Rx -135 or Bullet and get something new age. but still i am not sure which one to trade. I love the aura of old age bikes. At times the new age ones when they zoom past and the refinement at times make me yearn for them. I test rode KTM 200 for a couple of kms but not quite sure about it. I would like to commute on a daily basis and also tour around 250 kms (once in 3 months).

I do not think any other bike within 250cc could replace my Rx and 350 std.


Cheers,
Chaos
revv_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:35   #1020
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
How do you carry something as fragile as glass slippers?! Special bungee cords!
You wear them - or suck it up and let the next in line try them on!

Quote:
There is a variation (which I can't repeat in a family forum) which might be closer to the truth.


Quote:
Thinking not yet fogged/ smogged! Ananda can wait. (But will possibly do a small run in Sep.)
Ananda - hmmmm, where have I heard that one before ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hey doc,

I have been following your KTM Duke 200 thread ardently.

Good to see the bike you had owned and you own now.

My uncle had a KB 100 during 1990's for 5 yrs and i love to ride with him in it. It was drool worthy in front of Rx and Ind-suzuki bikes. Bajaj was always the ones the bring in all the gadgets and tech in their bikes first.
Thanks bro!

It was the best "all-rounder" for a student on a budget.

Nearly as powerful as the RX.

10 kmpl more than the RX.

5-10K less than the RX second hand.

Better instrumentation, brakes, wheels, tyres, and chassis than the RX.

Longer wheelbase and better handling and stability than the RX.

Cheaper spares than the RX.

Better looking and better chrome quality than the RX, though the RX always had the better build quality long term.

Quote:
It has a full fledged RPM meter with fuel gauge and a very good design. I liked it exhaust note too.
My Duke's exhaust note actually reminds me a lot of that of my KB's after a good silencer decarb!

Quote:
3) Enfield Explorer ( I dont know how many of them still do remember it)
That reminds me - in school I always wanted the Explorer (even lusted after the "motocross" BSA Bond!) but was actually given a Hero Puch (used in during my +2 and forgot to mention that in my list as I was not yet "legal").

Quote:
I'm looking to trade my Rx -135 or Bullet and get something new age. but still i am not sure which one to trade. I love the aura of old age bikes. At times the new age ones when they zoom past and the refinement at times make me yearn for them. I test rode KTM 200 for a couple of kms but not quite sure about it. I would like to commute on a daily basis and also tour around 250 kms (once in 3 months).

I do not think any other bike within 250cc could replace my Rx and 350 std.


Cheers,
Chaos
The Duke will more than replace your 135 or std. Trust me.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd August 2012 at 12:36.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride on 'Bangalore Bikers Circuit' - Kanakapura, Anchetty, Denkanikottai, Panchapalli & Attibele nandita_bayan21 Travelogues 9 14th December 2015 12:06
Happy Fiftieth Birthday : Many Many Happy Returns Jaguar 'E' Type issigonis Beyond Borders 7 8th March 2011 13:52
Many Many Happy returns Of the DAY SRK!! SohailPistawala Shifting gears 4 31st March 2008 18:17
Bikers Meet Mumbai What you say? pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 189 9th August 2006 18:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks