| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th June 2007, 11:41||#16|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Zeus is a good bike, but you need to get used to it. I have used my friends Zeus often.
The low speed high torque is evident whenever you slow down the vehicle in signals or when you take a turn. I do 2 things automatically in my Pulsar - move to lower gear, and press the clutch. I discovered that in Zeus you dont have to do both. You can go at 15 Kmph in 3 gear, aaramse. You need to unlearn and relearn. I got to know that once we get into a habit to do this, Zeus gives a average of 60 - 65 in the city.
A very different bike from all the rest of the bikes I have rode so far. Zeus is cut out for city ride.
1. Not a looker
2. Overtaking is difficult, esp. on highways (Lack of power brings it one notch down to 100 CC category - Have a look at the power (In Bhp) of other bikes)
Kawasaki Boxer AT 7.02
Bajaj CT 100 8.2
Hero Honda CD Dawn 7.5
Hero Honda Passion 7.5
Honda Activa 7
Kinetic 4S 7.2
TVS Start City 7.5
TVS Victor GL 8.1
Hero Honda Super Splendor 9
Honda Shine 10.3
TVS Victor GLX 10
Suzuki Zeus 8.7
Hero Honda Ambition 11
Yamaha RXZ 14
Bajaj Pulsar 12
Honda Unicorn 13.3
TVS Apache 13.5
3. Long rides not comfortable inspite of good seating and handle bar position (Probably due to poor shocks)
4. Poor handling, evident when you have a pillion and taking a U turn (probably due to tubular swing arm)
1. Easy low speed ride (High torque at low rpm). This is due to engineering excellence of Suzuki. Have a look at others!! HH Splendor comes close.
Bajaj CT 100 8.05 5500
HH CD Dawn 7.75 5000
Kinetic 4S 7.7 5000
TVS Start City 7.5 5000
TVS Victor GL 8.1 5500
HH S. Splendor 10.35 4000
Honda Shine 10.9 5500
TVS Victor GLX 9.67 5500
Suzuki Zeus 10 3500
Discover125 10.8 6500
Discover135 11.88 6500
2. Again Suzuki's engineering - Smooth engine and gear shifts
3. Kick start is butter smooth, easy on your back
4. Zeus I heard is running a promo - 3.5 K off, an attractive offer
Neither positive or negative
1. Five gears
A.S.S. after an year or two..
Strictly for city riders who don't care a damn about looks or power.
|25th June 2007, 14:48||#17|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
This is not expected or you just discussing without knowledge about the Market & What the Bike should Be?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Battery for Bullet Electra with self start||tarunmadhok||Motorbikes||75||29th April 2017 12:33|
|How to improve pulsar 180's self start operation?||sportz_kruzer||Motorbikes||12||23rd June 2010 14:45|
|Wagon R - Self starter problem - replace coil or self?||aargee||Technical Stuff||28||7th March 2010 09:25|
|Best 125 CC Bike||krisme4u||Motorbikes||27||28th February 2010 00:05|