Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2004, 23:03   #1
BHPian

This happened when i was in Nasik recently.Two of my cousins had come to my place in Nasik(i am basically from Nasik) one of them has a Blue CBZ and the other had got a friends Pulsar 180.As usual we got talking abt bikes and the question arised which bike is better the Pulsar or the CBZ.The Pulsar has a good engine and a better top end but the CBZ has an awesome chassis which gives it great handling.We decided to put this to the test.We decided to race from my place to my cousins place a distance of about 4kms with a nice straight road of about 2kms.
I took the Pulsar with my cousin as a pillion(total weight 135kgs) and my other cousin and my bro were on the CBZ(total weight 125kgs).As soon as we left from my place the CBZ was in the lead i am not to great with bikes my cousin getting thru the traffic and turns much better than i could but wasnt very far off.As soon as we got on the straight road with no traffic the CBZ was dead meat!! The sheer power and top speed of the Pulsar was too much for the CBZ and i easily overtook it(with a big grin on our faces thinking we were gonna win) with the speedo showing 110kmph .But at the end of the road there is a round-about and a Scorpio came bang infront of me...i had to brake hard and shift down to upto 40kmph and my cousin took this oppurtunity and went ahead from the outside.I was kinda cautious in overtaking and again lost him in the traffic just when i thought i had nope hope of winning i saw my cousin 100m ahead slowing down cause of a truck which wouldnt let him pass...but soon we had to take a right turn to reach my cousins house and my cousin trying to overtake the truck missed the turning point!!! i saw my chance and turned in right and wringed the throttle as much as i could and went up the gears accelerating hard my cousin was following me closely and the road from where we took a right till my cousin's place has lot of turns but i kept blocking his every overtaking move.Now there were only a few turns before we reached his house.I kept my cool and didnt let him overtake there was quite a few down-shifts and up-shifts required to keep the bike in the powerabd and to keep my cuz behind the turns and corners just adding to the fun of racing and soon we at my cousin's house.I had won fair n square!! The CBZ was beaten!! as me and cousin were re-joycing still sitting on the Pulsar....my cousin and my bro on the CBZ got down from the bike put it the stand and went inside the house and claimed VICTORY!!!
(This was all achieved at night with minimal traffic)

Now you decide who was victorious!! :d :d
Old 15th May 2004, 23:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice!!!
Finally, Indian made bikes are getting somewhere...
The 180 dtsi may sound the death knell for CBZ coz its got a better chassis and a better engine...
Old 19th May 2004, 05:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation

i feel it is a bit unfair to race a cbz vs pulsar 180. a cbz vs pulsar 150 wud have been a fair match!!! wat do u guys say??
Old 19th May 2004, 12:25   #4
Tom
BHPian

or maybe even pulsaar180 vs karishma are they of the same engine specs?
Old 19th May 2004, 22:18   #5

I think in real world conditions the CBZ is quite a match for the Pulsars both the 150 and the 180.Coz the CBZ has much superior handling than the Pulsar...besides the top end of the Pulsar is abt 125kmph and that of the CBZ is 110kmph given the better handling i think the CBZ is much better off.
Old 11th June 2004, 16:57   #6

hey guys...

well sorry to dissappoint ya pulsar owners.... but i own a CBZ n till date has not been beaten by a pulsar 180... last year we had been to ooty on bikes a pulsar 180, CBZ n a Eliminator..we were maxin out on the highway... as usual the cbz picks up ahead f the pulsar.. n the peak speads were almost the same 120 kmh...!! surprininly the CBZ was goin around 120 kmh speedo read.... HONDA engines r better...!!
Old 25th June 2004, 17:18   #7

dont know guys, but iwud say that a cbz rider who wins over the pulsar rider wud do exactly that had they even switched bikes. biker standards matter. i own a yr old pulsar 150. its clocked 12000 odd km. no probs. hit max of 115-117with my speedo on numerour occasions. steady mileage of 50 and +. spare part quality -cbz rulz!!!! but compare yourself. my friend naman who is also our site member owns a cbz. his disc pads got worn out at 16000 km. mine got worn out at 7500 km. but check out the prices dudes. his set cost him 700 mine cost me 175 bikes. pulsar uses kbx(kalyani brake works) cbz nissin(japanese). but wud u need to hit an emergency brake you wud regret preferring the pulsar over the cbz the way i do. but if u wanna b a civilized rider pulsar with the smoothness, price and mileage takes the icing

Old 30th June 2004, 02:00   #8
BHPian

i liked riding pulsar 180 more then cbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i feel it is a bit unfair to race a cbz vs pulsar 180. a cbz vs pulsar 150 wud have been a fair match!!!
Old 30th June 2004, 02:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

I never drived Pulsar but owned a CBZ for 3.5 years. Mine was the early model. It's awesome bike. The pick up is great in the city traffic and the handling is the best except for the MRF zappers which started wearing very early. I never felt it is draining my pocket because i was having equal fun driving it and is all worth for the money. The early CBZ drivers have enjoyed the road presence like no other bike owners as it was the first modern looking bike and it had the top power of all the bikes at that time. I never cared to watch those jelous eyes that were following me. Even my boss came to my desk and asked me he wants a ride.

More than top speeds, CBZ is all about the passion you feel for riding the bike.

But all the things has to come an end. After I moved to car, I have to sell my bike because I was not using it much. After I decided to sell it, whenever i took it out i used to feel not to sell the bike. If needed to buy a bike again, it is going to be CBZ.

BTW, did anybody like the new color scheme on CBZ?

Satish
Old 30th June 2004, 14:55   #10

hey
right said satish.... CBZ has always been an awasum bike.... it's engine... the quality...all amazin...i have a CBZ which has clocked 40,000kmh n still goin... it's an amazin bike..... well abt the new color scheme on the CBZ, it's very childish... the old one looks better as it is.... hero honda shud have done a better job wit the new color's...!!
Old 5th June 2005, 12:58   #11
BHPian

hey guyz '
i had a cbz before i moved onto 400rr .i simply loved itt man . i dont think a pulsar 150 even comes even close to the cbz . its .i guess unfare to actually compare a cbz and a 180 .i hve tested the 180 n still back my words man a cbz is a complete rockstar man . if i had 2 come down fom my 400rr i would definetely prefer a cbz anytime
Old 8th June 2005, 14:52   #12
BHPian

Guys cbz is ofcourse not a match for pulsar180 in speed.The gearshift in cbz is really cool when compared to the pulsars.
Old 8th June 2005, 15:13   #13
BHPian

Hey guys i love the cbz its a much stronger and stable bike n heavy too its really good to ride it was the second bike i rode a beautiful red 1 damn good weight distribution also! i dont think its fair to compare it to the pulsar 180!!
Old 8th June 2005, 15:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

on clear road even on say race track Pulsar 180 will kill CBZ no doubt.

however racing on two wheelers in traffic at night is wayyy to dangerous should not have done that.

however for city riding CBZ is better suited while Pulser is better on highway
Old 8th June 2005, 16:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
on clear road even on say race track Pulsar 180 will kill CBZ no doubt.

however racing on two wheelers in traffic at night is wayyy to dangerous should not have done that.

however for city riding CBZ is better suited while Pulser is better on highway
I agree.Sprints and drags should be reserved for competition events and private roads.Racing against other bikes,or cars for that matter,on public roads is very dangerous.

If anyone wants to know,I like the CBZ overall.it's not as fast as the DTSi Pulsars,but it's more refined,has superb handling and is more trouble free than the Bajajs anyday.Yes,on a dragstrip the Pulsars will eat the CBZ,but that Hero honda's still got some fire in her somewhere.If only HHML did something with that....
Closed Thread