Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th December 2007, 14:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsonkoshy View Post
you guys appreciate a second cylinder over the gear box..
dud.. heloo..
did'nt quite get you...are you talking about a 6-speed transmission?

I think Bullet is a classic long stroke Brit bike...it's not the RD350 type...it's a slow cruising nimble machine...a V-twin will add to that but a six-speed will take away the flavour from it...I think a bullet twin is always welcome but it should always be a 5 geared bike...
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 14:43   #32
Team-BHP Support

koshy, we're appreciating the good aesthetic work done on the bike. I think we're all quite aware that it is a dummy case.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 17:54   #33

Default Re: Twin Cylinder Enfield

I just came across this and wanted to share something. A real world modified twin cylinder Royal Enfield Bullet.

Its called the Musket and there are two variants I believe 1)998 CC and 2) 700 CC.

Here is the link to the creator's website.

Link
abhayvir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 07:29   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Twin Cylinder Enfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayvir View Post
I just came across this and wanted to share something. A real world modified twin cylinder Royal Enfield Bullet.

Its called the Musket and there are two variants I believe 1)998 CC and 2) 700 CC.

Here is the link to the creator's website.

Link
abhayvir, Thanks for bringing this up.

I think the Musket V-Twin might've been mentioned a few times in this forum before, but this thread is pretty appropriate for it. Aniket Vardhan, the guy behind the Musket has been at work on this for a while now, and has been garnering increasing attention and respect amongst the custom motorcycling world in the U.S. I chatted with him on Facebook and he comes across as a genuine, dedicated moto-geek with his heart in the right place He's currently working on old cast-iron engines but has insinuated he might consider making v-twins with the new UCE engines as well. Probably has his hands full right now - he's pretty much a one-man shop at present.

Check out this recent write-up in the respected BikeExif website: http://www.bikeexif.com/royal-enfield-v-twin

Another Indian guy in the US doing his thing is Janardhan "Chumma," one half of the two-man Ace Engineering team that makes high performance kits for the RE Bullets, again older CI engines, but I think they were looking into UCE as well. It's not a V-twin but worth taking note of.

http://thekneeslider.com/ace-firebal...rformance-kit/

http://www.bikeexif.com/royal-enfield-bullet

The above info and links are a bit old, haven't had the time to follow up on what Chumma & team have been up to recently.

A bullet they worked on previously (above in the BikeExif site) was featured (in a different guise) in a recent episode of the popular Cafe Racer reality TV show. http://www.caferacertv.com/tag/royal-enfield/
grplr02 is offline   Reply With Quote