Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: The BEST 2 Wheeler anufacturer in India ? - Your pick ?
Hero Honda 23 30.67%
Bajaj Auto 25 33.33%
Honda Motor Cycle and Scooters 10 13.33%
TVS Motor Co 5 6.67%
Yamaha Motor 3 4.00%
Kinetic Engg 3 4.00%
Royal Enfield 6 8.00%
LML ltd 0 0%
Hero motors 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st May 2005, 18:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'll vote for TVS.I owned a Scooty and now hav a Fiero.The Scooty is the best Scootret ever,it nailed the Bajaj Spirit to death!!!
The Fiero-the best city slicker ever...It has a Superb engine..refined performer it is...
...Ofcourse TVS badly needs a new set of Designers for it's bikes!!

...and a bit of flashback...TVS Suzuki gave us the Shogun and Shaolin...when all other manufactures were busy giving us uninspiring Bikes with Fuel efficiency as the only concern..

...and with Suzuki exiting the Joint Venture,TVS came with brilliant products like the Victor,Victor GLX and the Centra.

As far as Indigenious technincal innovations are concerned, TVS and Bajaj deserve great appriciation.

Can Hero Honda Claim any such Glory?
What do u hav from the Hero Honda stable after Honda's Unicorn came?.....SUPER SPLENDOR!!!!...No one is ready to think differently in Hero Honda...

I'm not against HERO HONDA...they are becoming a Defensive Company when compared to the Agressive TVS,Bajaj and now even Yamaha.

kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2005, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

For the great bikes they make, for their R&D Skills, for their support to Motorsports, for showing the Japs the door, for making it on their own steam, for Venu Srinivasan.... TVS it is.

Bajaj has improved of late, but for me TVS is THE INDIAN bike manufacturer.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2005, 23:16   #18

honda surely for its quality and services and ofcourse its vehicles
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2005, 23:26   #19

Hero Honda...no doubt is the best Indian 2 wheeler manfacturer...

TVS & Bajaj come a close second

gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 08:56   #20

I'm voting Kinetic. The only ones to stick their neck out "is it a little too far out?" for bringing in large capacity bikes, and scooters (Italjet)

But for sheer leadership, and amazing brand value, it's got to be Hero Honda.
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:17   #21
Default kinetic ...

Originally Posted by RX135
Kinetic? I have bad memories of Kinetic. What the heck, long time ago, we had a Kinetic Luna. What a pathetic piece of vehile. Quality never goes hand in hand with name Kinetic. Kinetic Honda was a hit simply coz at the heart of it was a honda engine. Otherwise, quality is the same.

As you say you had the luna was a long time ago... i think you shouldnt bad mouth Kinetic based on an experince with a Luna a long time ago. You check out the Nova135 scooter to see how far they have come. its a rocket!
sunilbakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 17:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

HH for quality of products

Bajaj for constant innovation & upgradation of their technology & yes cheap spare parts too
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 21:31   #23

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Hero Honda all the way. The give the best quality.

And they are the trend setters.

1st 100cc 4 stroke, took almost a decade for others to follow.
1st premium bike crossing the Rs.50K mark apart from Bullet.
1st bike in India with disc brakes (No exceptions here)

A few things I could think immediately
bajaj for me - regular upgrades,new innovations,great pricing

bottom of the pile would be HH for
1.prehistoric model range -the splendor,cd dawn & passion are based on the old cd100 launched almost 15-20 years back.
2.no upgrades- the first splendor upgrade happened 10 years after launch, and guess what happened?? - "all new splendor plus" with ..... new stickers and headlamp-same with the CBZ,ambition & passion (compare that with the pulsar- 2 major upgrades in 3 years,caliber-3 upgrades in 5 years)
3.donno if HH knows what 'new innovations mean'- reworked splendor with a completly 'useless'(if u have read autocar may issue u'll know why) 'quantum core' aluminium engine (aluminium cools faster than iron-not necessary for a 125cc bike)compare that with DTSi, exhaust tec, VTi...
4.over priced-the splendor shares a large majority of its parts with the passion& cd dawn and for a 98cc bike it still costs 42k
kallil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 21:01   #24

Well,this one surely goes to Hero Honda.
I've had a Bajaj Saffire,and man.. the Bajaj service totally sucks..they don't have any kind of customer afer sales service..parts is another problem,and they never had parts stocks,especially of the Saffire..if Bajaj can't make sure that they'll be sending in parts of all their models to their dealers,why the heck do they manufacture such 2 wheelers.. maybe just to rip us off a few hard earned bucks..
I bought a TVS Scooty for my sister right after I sold the Saffire..and boy,even though more delicate and smaller engine than Saffire..it hasn't given problem like the Bajaj..
Currently,I also have a Hero Honda CBZ..and man..it's such a relief after owning that horrible Saffire and the torture I went through during it's ownership..
Recently,as a customer friendly initiative,Hero Honda dealer,Mumbai- Fort Point are now keeping their workshops open till 11pm Mon-Sat. for services ..
Now,beat that all other 2 wheeler cos.
srasania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 12:24   #25

It has got to be Hero Honda all the way. They have a complete package. People at Bajaj service the vehicle well only the first few times, then it all goes crazy. I used to have a 180 DTSi. It looked perfect and felt good only the first few times, my maintainence was top notch, but those service dudes spoilt it. Now I have got a CBZ*(modified) and its the best I rode till now.
Sid Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote