Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th October 2007, 11:54   #31
BHPian

i knew it check my post no 16 in the same page. i have already posted the same link. never wonder whats gona happen, keep fingers crossed wait & see.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 11:33   #32

I think this bike was launched because it needed a different style thought as the previous bike was not the best executed and it was loosing sales to Bajaj - only because of style. Remember, the superior quality of components was not good enough to challenge Bajaj.
So here it is - Hero Honda never wanted to re-invent the wheel, as many have critisised. They just wanted to compete with the existing, mass-market competition. Hopefully, they have got it right this time.
I just wish they could add a mono-shock and fuel injection - nothing else matters, because cost is pivotal in this mass market competition. Leave the up-graded, more expensive bikes for another time. ( hopefully this will happen in due course)
This bike clearly competes with the Bajaj 150, not the Apache RTR. The RTR is a more focused machine which does not appeal to all buyers.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 18:45   #33
BHPian

Hunk, whats so hunky about a 150cc machine??? Atleast they could have rebored it to extra 20 cc like bajaj, to make a 170 cc. Seems HH is afraid to even rebore a existing engine. This chalta hai attitude is what i don't like about HH.
sumitkalindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 21:25   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi View Post
Hunk, whats so hunky about a 150cc machine??? Atleast they could have rebored it to extra 20 cc like bajaj, to make a 170 cc. Seems HH is afraid to even rebore a existing engine. This chalta hai attitude is what i don't like about HH.
Maybe there's nothing very "hunky" about this bike, but it was developed because that is what the major populace demands. If they did bore it up to the higher capacity that you mentioned, then it would have been an oddball model which wouldn't have sold very well ( The Pulsar 180 has never sold that well). The best alternative is to bore the existing engine to a minimum 200cc. In this regard, The Pulsar 200 has been received very well and H.H already has a bored out engine in the form of the Karizma at 223cc.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
no offense here but this bike feels like the himesh reshmiya's remixed songs, its a mixture of Cbz-Xtreme, Apache,Karizma,glamour('s tank),achiever('s headlamp)pulsar(for the shocks and tail)!
All the HH products follows the same design principles that you've mentioned !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 12:24   #36
BHPian

@ stormtrouper, Hmm, got it, and I know it what it would have been If HH follows my suggestions The only bone of contention is, they disowned CBZ extreme so fast, and are serving the same wine in the same but defferent stickered bottle. Why can not HH understand, we want something different. A really new 150 (maybe more?) engine, with Fi, discs, maybe digi speedo, the rumoured twin head, should really had been apreciated.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:38   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi View Post
@ stormtrouper, Hmm, got it, and I know it what it would have been If HH follows my suggestions The only bone of contention is, they disowned CBZ extreme so fast, and are serving the same wine in the same but defferent stickered bottle. Why can not HH understand, we want something different. A really new 150 (maybe more?) engine, with Fi, discs, maybe digi speedo, the rumoured twin head, should really had been apreciated.
Yes I agree. Leaving alone the objectives of this particular model, I also wish the game would move along. I mean such a powerful joint venture with Honda must be a great thing, but I blame conservatism on the part of the manufacturer and buyer. Having said that, I do see a lot of guys with modded bikes on the roads.
So how about this: Instead of bringing in a charged up Hunk to the general buyer, why not introduce a special power-up parts division, approved by Hero honda for those who are willing to pay extra to upgrade?
Everybody's happy then. I know I would be.
Old 27th October 2007, 13:06   #38
BHPian

I posted the video of the hunk on my blog. you may check the same at BHP - More is never enough!
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 13:34   #39
BHPian

From the pics, looks like Hunk has a shorter wheelbase compared to pulsar and unicorn. And the tail-end part is too long! its hanging a long way from the wheels, looks aweful!
Styling is better than Xtreme of course, so I expect a lot of these on the roads given the brand image of HH.
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 20:54   #40
BHPian

@ stormtrouper, Yes that would be a good idea, like HUNK LX/EX/VX, each with factory set upgrades, or maybe some type of factory specified upgrades. But again knowing our manufactures, I doubt HH will be the first one to do it, if it ever happens, I would place my bet on TVS or Bajaj to start the trend, more likely TVS.
Old 29th October 2007, 00:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

i agree the bike looks awesome and i got a gut feeling that will it storm the market too say what?
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 09:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be like that it'll have the same fate as other HH 150cc's !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 12:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

naa i think this model is here to stay and confront the competition from the yamaha, suzuki and others, and imo will stay atleast for a couple of years!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 22:42   #44
BHPian

Hero Honda has launched a new, facelifted version of their 150cc Hunk. In a bid to fend off increasing competition in the segment, Hero Honda has refreshed the bike and added new features to make it a more appealing proposition. The 150cc engine of the bike remains unaltered, although it has been tuned to meet the new emission norms.
The Hero Honda new Hunk in its latest avatar produces peak power of 14.4PS@8500 rpm and 12.8 Nm of torque @ 6500 rpm.
The new Hunk gets a slew of changes. Here’s the list
The new Hunk gets tubeless tyres.
The visor on the headlamp is new
Instrumentation console gets a digital speedometer. The instrumentation console itself is new as well with an analogue tachometer
New LED tail lamps
New exhaust muffler cover
Disc brakes at front and rear
The Tank is now a bit more muscular and is slightly redesigned for a brawnier appeal
The front fender too gets its share of extra beef, and now looks more muscular and chiseled
The bike is available in six colours out which three are new
The difference between the price of the Hunk with front only and front and rear discs is Rs. 3000. The front disc only bike will cost Rs. 61534 in Mumbai (ex-showroom).

Source : Motoroids - Cars, motorcyles, bikes, Auto news India, review, road test, news, first drive, first ride, motorsport, motor shows, car buy / sell, car prices, specifications
Attached Images

fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 23:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Attempt by HH to eat into Dazzler's market.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote