Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th October 2007, 16:28   #1
Default Should I start my bike

I have an LML bike and it has been lying idle for last 1 year (lot of dust has already accumulated on it). I was wondering if I just fill in some petrol, inflate the tyres and just drive it to the servicing center or driving would not be a good idea because the parts of the engine would have rusted etc. etc.
sanketyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 17:23   #2

Yup...what'll happen to the max is that your bike won't start. U can just out in say 1/2 lt of fuel and try to start the bike. But cleaning the carbs before that would be recommended. Also, if there was fuel in the tank (which obviously was ), u might need to get the tank cleaned and plugs checked.

All the best.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

This was just the case with my friends bike, a Passion, which had been lying idle for over a year..... we took the chance and started it up....well lest just say it didnt run for very long....and never started after that, even after filling petrol......

At least a carb clean up is recommended.....and the only journey you should make is straight to the mechanic shop
islero is offline   Reply With Quote