Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th November 2007, 23:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

dudes i must mention something here though its OT, the bajaj guys have better quality for pulsar as the cc increases, the 150cc has or had very hard breaking and slipping gear shifts, then the 180cc had a stuck up GB instead of the 1 down and 4up pattern(later the digital p150 too got this GB and the better disk with smooter biting like p180) and a better disk break.
then the p200 has a very refined gear box! with a only front rod shifter like the HH zma, and a way better disk but the seating position and the hand still need work!
then the p220 had all these refinements including better handle and the projector lights.

so you see the bajaj has been steadily increasing the quality but the initial bikes were real bad of which even i was a victim, i had a p180 oct2005 model and sold it to buy a unicorn!
so my point is that the alloys on the pulsar150 &180 cost around 9000 a pair in reality as enquired by me personally with the spares, and not what it is being claimed here. and they still dont stand up to the quality of the hh cbz's alloys!
the alloys's of the pulsar 200 have not yet arrived for the price to be announced yet! nor have the 220's

and about the disk plate of the unicorn or the cbz-xtreme's they cost 1200 approx not 600! and the karizma's plate costs 1700, while the pulsar's costs 800 approx there are the correct prices not the ones mentioned before!

i agree certain parts of the bajaj have quality for the price we pay but may pieces turn out to be defective often and so many end up paying double in short intervals.
this i personally feel because they may not only be manufacturing defects but the shipping is not given enough necessary care buddy, like the hh and the hondas and also the dealers are too many for the bajaj guys to take proper care too! and so this spoils the spares!

i say that the number of dealers if the problen bajaj is unable to manage because, i have seen the parts of the platina and the xcd being painted the choice of the customer's color at the service stations of the siddivinayaks motors at kachigus in hyderabad this is suppose to be done in the assembly line but due to the urgency of delibery they do such things dont know if they have the bajaj 's permission to do so or the dealer's playing the spoil sport will soon post the pics of these things happening as i saw it with my very own eyes, such lineance given to dealers, they may switch the parts of the bikes too!

the other day i saw bajaj discover's 100/90 tyre gold brand fitted on p150 and not a zapper!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 00:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

my whole point is that the bajaj alone is not taking the whole responsibilty to ensure quality allowing the dealers to assemble the bike at the dealer ship and this is wreaking the quality of the bike and taking the quality to a very degraded level, as non bike savvy person cant even predict such foul plays played by them and ends up with such parts!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
My friend please check the wall thickness of ZMA Alloya & that of Pulsar alloys, you will know the difference in quality.
I have seen both ZMA and Pulsar going through a same pothole at almost similiar speeds and guy riding the pulsar was the heavier one... the result a slight bend in the ZMA alloy along the edge, absolutely nothing happened to Pulsar. This might be a one off case, but them I am not saying Pulsar alloys are better, I am saying difference in quality even if it is there, is not much, not worth the + 100% more that HH charges for their alloys.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 10:25   #79
BHPian

Hi Friend,

Even my view is that HH always charge unreasonable for the parts as compare of Bajaj.

Flickr: Photos from heaven.riders
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 03:11   #80

Pulsar 200 lacked and still lacks stability....its chassis design is a technical disaster and at last for goodness, they have stopped it.....but if you ask any Bajaj employee....they would suggest p200 as the best product still(they have nothing to lose, only the public has everything to loose)
rossifan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 08:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossifan16 View Post
Pulsar 200 lacked and still lacks stability....its chassis design is a technical disaster and at last for goodness, they have stopped it.....but if you ask any Bajaj employee....they would suggest p200 as the best product still(they have nothing to lose, only the public has everything to loose)
If my memory is right P200 was having the same chasis of P150/180. They were not having any stability issues.

Would you please care to explain more ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote