Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 17th March 2011, 15:12   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Abhinav,
Please let me know the showroom which gives discount on Activa. This is news to me, specially in bangalore.
Sorry, wrong usage of words. It should have read "reduction in prices of accessories".

In 2009, Haiku Honda, Domlur gave us 800 bucks off on the accessories. This was after lot of haggling and of course the sales person was a nice guy who finally gave in.

The on road price without accessories will be same everywhere except for a difference in a few hundred rupees from dealer to dealer.
Old 17th March 2011, 22:34   #1547
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok so I'm booking the vehicle(White activa) on saturday.
Now one more vehicle is being planned.
This one's for my wife. This one might be again an activa.

Now before that we have to sell the present 30month old scooty before buying the next vehicle.
Its a Wimbledon series White colour september 2008 Scooty Pep+
Its run 10k till now and maintained well.

One of my relatives might buy it. They have asked me to quote a rate.
What would be the best price for this vehicle to sell???
Old 18th March 2011, 10:02   #1548
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am taking delivery of my Aviator today. I checked with my dealer "Lodha Honda" on the underbody "Anti-rust" coating. they said, they don't do it. Any reliable place in chennai where I can do it?
Old 18th March 2011, 13:06   #1549
BHPian

Default Tyre Psi for scooter

I am wondering what is the psi to maintain, at the petrol bunk they went onto fill 35 at the rear and 25 at the front

Is this normal for scooter?
Old 18th March 2011, 14:24   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am taking delivery of my Aviator today. I checked with my dealer "Lodha Honda" on the underbody "Anti-rust" coating. they said, they don't do it. Any reliable place in chennai where I can do it?
Rajeswaran,
Did you check out with the workshop guys, Normally the showroom people are not aware of this treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I am wondering what is the psi to maintain, at the petrol bunk they went onto fill 35 at the rear and 25 at the front
Is this normal for scooter?
Can you let us know which brand of scooter are you talking about. For eg Activa has 22 in front and 36 in rear tyres and this info is available on the sticker pasted on the inside.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:01   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can you let us know which brand of scooter are you talking about. For eg Activa has 22 in front and 36 in rear tyres and this info is available on the sticker pasted on the inside.

Hi, I am driving the TVS wego. Why the front and rear psi different?
Old 18th March 2011, 15:09   #1552
Distinguished - BHPian

Its simple.
Unlike cars, in a scooter, front and rear tyres are of different sizes, the front being smaller.
Also in scooters the engine in the rear half of the vehicle and the rear tyre has to with stand more load.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:12   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am driving the TVS wego. Why the front and rear psi different?
In 2 wheelers there is always a difference in the front and rear psi. It not only depends on the tire sizes but also on the load. If you look at the sticker on the bike near the floor board or in the under seat storage, the values are less for rear if being used by a single rider and its slightly more if its being used along with pillion.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 18th March 2011 at 15:14.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:30   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In 2 wheelers there is always a difference in the front and rear psi. It not only depends on the tire sizes but also on the load. If you look at the sticker on the bike near the floor board or in the under seat storage, the values are less for rear if being used by a single rider and its slightly more if its being used along with pillion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its simple.
Unlike cars, in a scooter, front and rear tyres are of different sizes, the front being smaller.
Also in scooters the engine in the rear half of the vehicle and the rear tyre has to with stand more load.
I present you with the spec
Tyres Front 90 / 90 x 12
Tyres Rear 90 / 90 x 12
Old 18th March 2011, 15:34   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its simple.
No this is incorrect, the front and the rear tyre size are always same. The tyre pressure totally depends on the load since the engine sits at the rear. Hence the rear tryes are inflated higher than the front.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:37   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I present you with the spec
Tyres Front 90 / 90 x 12
Tyres Rear 90 / 90 x 12
Exactly. I wanted to mention this but forgot to do so in my previous post. Wego has the same wheel dimensions and tire sizes in the front and back. I guess its the same with most scoots except Honda Aviator which has 12 inch wheels at the front and 10 inch wheels at the back.

Hence my post to you about the tire pressure being concerned with the load on the vehicle and also the comparison with the pillion and without.
Old 20th March 2011, 21:39   #1557
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Basically the reason for different tyre pressure in front and rear is due to the load.
ghodlur is right, it basically due to the engine/transmission weight at the back, the front doesn't have much load and hence requires a lower pressure.

By the way, what pressure do you guys maintain in your scooters?
I got an old Dio and the sticker is not present, could some one post the recommended pressure for her.
Old 21st March 2011, 07:43   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way, what pressure do you guys maintain in your scooters?
I got an old Dio and the sticker is not present, could some one post the recommended pressure for her.
Its same as Activa, 22 at the front and 36 at the rear. Normally the guy at the air filling station is well aware of the filling pressure and the moment he sees any Honda Scooters he by defaults selects the air pressure, you need not worry.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:05   #1559
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its same as Activa, 22 at the front and 36 at the rear. Normally the guy at the air filling station is well aware of the filling pressure and the moment he sees any Honda Scooters he by defaults selects the air pressure, you need not worry.
Thanks!
Checked it on my cousin's Activa.
I did not even get the manual. Will ask the Honda guys to source one for me if possible, else will try and get hands on someone book and get it copied.

By the way, Honda isn't offering Tuff-up tube in the front tyre right?
Would this be due to cost saving or some another particular reason.

I am plan to get Tuff-up tyres on both wheels when the time comes for replacement. Advisable?
Old 21st March 2011, 10:45   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way, Honda isn't offering Tuff-up tube in the front tyre right?
Would this be due to cost saving or some another particular reason.

I am plan to get Tuff-up tyres on both wheels when the time comes for replacement. Advisable?
Yes, Honda provides the patented Tuff up Tube only for the rear tyres for all scooters models. I really dont understand the logic for the same, may be cost might be one. need to ask the workshop guys.

Would Honda provide the replacement of front tyre with the tuff up tube type? Am not really sure of that. In case you get it done, pls let us know.
Closed Thread