Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2011, 19:44   #1636
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Thanks Parimal !!!!

I agree..i must start thinking abt options other than Activa. Note that currently i am using Activa 2004 model. Off late it has started giving me run for my money. Mileage is quite low b'coz of the fact is 2 Wheeler engine is pulling 4 (2 extra wheels for balancing) wheels since last 6 odd years..arnd 50k on my km meter. It has served its time. I believe.

Last month one of the mumbai based organisation (run for & by physically challenged guys) contacted me and checked if i am interested in selling my vehcile. I am ready to do that provided if i get a new machine.

So hunting for it.

I personally like Honda products, though not their service.

Will take Wego suggestion seriously, any idea what is the mileage on TVS Wego!!!

Good that you are considering TVS Wego, even the Access is good but no service center in Dombivli and it looks too bland from back and side(no offence to Access owners). Mileage i think it will be more or less as Activa only, really dont know one of my friend has it but, she is not sure how much is the mileage, i can ask TVS Service center, that guy knows me very well, he can tell us, what is the mileage owners are getting.

And i can vouch for quality of TVS products, am using my bike since 6 years and more than 50k, still going strong, no problems to suspentions in our conditions.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 20:04   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will take Wego suggestion seriously, any idea what is the mileage on TVS Wego!!!
Bangalore traffic, a friend is able to get about 36-38kmpl during peak traffic conditions. He is a very sane rider and drives economically. So you can do the comparison to the areas that you ride in and traffic conditions there. Same with the access as well. It gives around similar mileage.

One reason why you can consider the Access though it has bland looks is for its 125cc engine and amazingly torquey engine. It will help with the extra 2 balance wheels adding to the weight.

Wego is equally good except for the 15cc less in engine and tad less torque for city riding. But looks really good with LED tail lights and a sleek, aerodynamic design.

Your call at the end of the day!! Happy hunting
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 23:41   #1638
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda is working upon their second manufacturing plan somewhere in Uttarakhand. Once its up & running, the waiting period should substantially go down, but their dealers & their attitude? Sigh!

And I don't know whats wrong with their spares? Its unavailable for popular models.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:13   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Honda is working upon their second manufacturing plan somewhere in Uttarakhand. Once its up & running, the waiting period should substantially go down, but their dealers & their attitude? Sigh!

And I don't know whats wrong with their spares? Its unavailable for popular models.
I heard that is somewhere in Rajasthan
Old 25th May 2011, 13:50   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
But bear in mind if you do get the modifications done, the warranty will be void then as clearly stated in the mail.

Regarding the warranty part, I had a chat with the workshop manager long time back for the same modification and he reiterated the same statement.

So the option is then to go for Aviator which is some 3-4K more than the activa although is available in a shorter time as compared to activa.
hey ghodlur.......I forgot to mention this. If I ever get Activa...I am gonna attached it with extra wheels...so my warranty is gonna go for a toss anyways....
Old 25th May 2011, 15:16   #1641
BHPian

Quote:

I bought a TVS Wego for my wife and after running around 1200 kms, in thick Bangalore traffic, she gets 51 kmpl! Will keep checking the average over a few more tankfils of petrol.

Prajwal
Old 25th May 2011, 15:31   #1642
BHPian

Just completed 2200 kms on the wego, When driven in sane way, the vehicles gives me consistent mileage of 50kms/litre..
Old 25th May 2011, 19:38   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
hey ghodlur.......I forgot to mention this. If I ever get Activa...I am gonna attached it with extra wheels...so my warranty is gonna go for a toss anyways....
Would that be the case for any scooter model you would go for or the custom built ones come with the normal warranty. I think it should. Please keep us posted on brand/model you opted for.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:57   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Would that be the case for any scooter model you would go for or the custom built ones come with the normal warranty. I think it should. Please keep us posted on brand/model you opted for.

hmmm.....I am not sure if i understood your last post. The normal practice is to buy any vehicle and attached it with extra wheels for balancing.

As I told earlier..I am using modified Honda Activa (2004 model)...Initially when i used to visit Honda Service Station....they were just least bothered abt extra wheels....they just wudnt touch it or even wash it. They told me that it is not part of the standard equipment....

So I guess...my warranty is anyways gotta go for a toss.....!!!
Old 27th May 2011, 17:39   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
hmmm.....I am not sure if i understood your last post. The normal practice is to buy any vehicle and attached it with extra wheels for balancing.
What I meant was wouldn't any scooter company provide factory fitted extra wheels and provide the warranty instead of asking the customer to add wheels and still loose warranty.

Its sad to hear Honda guys saying that maintaining the addtional wheels are not their responsibility. Goes to show how much they care about their customer.
Old 28th May 2011, 01:03   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Ot

Quote:
I heard that is somewhere in Rajasthan
It indeed is, Tapukara, Alwar, Rajasthan.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing out
Old 30th May 2011, 10:46   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
What I meant was wouldn't any scooter company provide factory fitted extra wheels and provide the warranty instead of asking the customer to add wheels and still loose warranty.

Its sad to hear Honda guys saying that maintaining the addtional wheels are not their responsibility. Goes to show how much they care about their customer.

I am sorry to say this, but no company provides this addditional fitment. We surely have to buy vehicle from open market and send it to person at Jogeshwari (Mumbai). He charges arnd 15k's for extra wheels and a underbody chasis which keeps these wheels together, does his job pretty neet. I must say.

So...this is how the warranty is violated the day we buy it.....
Old 31st May 2011, 10:50   #1648
BHPian

What is the onroad price of TVS Wego? I got a quote of Rs.52,600 from Cochin TVS. This includes road tax, insurance and registration cost. Is this price right or on the higher side?

Last edited by icemanz : 31st May 2011 at 10:56. Reason: appended the query with insurance
Old 31st May 2011, 11:01   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
What is the onroad price of TVS Wego? I got a quote of Rs.52,600 from Cochin TVS. This includes road tax, insurance and registration cost. Is this price right or on the higher side?
The price seems right. I paid Rs.53,500 here in Bangalore, which is due to the higher sales tax.

Accessories such as the grills, seat cover, etc would be charged as extra.

Prajwal
Old 31st May 2011, 11:11   #1650
BHPian

Thanks Prajwal for the quick response.
Closed Thread