Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 17:08   #1666
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thane (Dombivili)
Posts: 37
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
As said in the posts earlier, the answer is no if you go through Honda A.S.S but maybe if you get it done though an independent garage. I would not know if Honda would sell you the telescopic suspensions over the counter for you to go ahead with the modification.

Have you tried asking the person who would fit the additional wheels whether this modification is possible and also any negatives which may arise out of it.
Will talk to him once i get my vehicle to him. waiting for Insurance & Registration to be done.
Sanyd1711 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 10:48   #1667
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
As said in the posts earlier, the answer is no if you go through Honda A.S.S but maybe if you get it done though an independent garage. I would not know if Honda would sell you the telescopic suspensions over the counter for you to go ahead with the modification.

Have you tried asking the person who would fit the additional wheels whether this modification is possible and also any negatives which may arise out of it.
I always thought the telescopic suspension was only for the front wheels.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:37   #1668
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Post Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
I always thought the telescopic suspension was only for the front wheels.
Prajwal,

The telescopic suspensions are indeed for front wheels only and is available only in Aviator model. I wish Honda had provided the same for Activa too, the suspensions in Activa is really bad.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:46   #1669
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Prajwal,

The telescopic suspensions are indeed for front wheels only and is available only in Aviator model. I wish Honda had provided the same for Activa too, the suspensions in Activa is really bad.
Indeed. However, even if u do manage to get the telescopic suspension of the Aviator, it is made for 12" wheel, while the Activa has only a 10" wheel in front. I am not sure how that will fit.

The Wego also has telescopic suspension, so you could enquire with TVS too. But I doubt that would fit well. Did you look into the Suzuki Access suspension?

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 12:49   #1670
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Indeed. However, even if u do manage to get the telescopic suspension of the Aviator, it is made for 12" wheel, while the Activa has only a 10" wheel in front. I am not sure how that will fit.

The Wego also has telescopic suspension, so you could enquire with TVS too. But I doubt that would fit well. Did you look into the Suzuki Access suspension?

Prajwal
Thanks Prajwal, I do already have an Activa and it was purely my wife's choice since she is the main user. I had always Suzuki Access on my priority list and at that time Wego wasn't even launched. Hence Access with the telescopic suspension was my choice but had to concede to wife's demand for an Activa. So it is now going to be there until there is a need for a new one which for the next 5 years is not going to be the case.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 15:04   #1671
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks Prajwal, I do already have an Activa and it was purely my wife's choice since she is the main user. I had always Suzuki Access on my priority list and at that time Wego wasn't even launched. Hence Access with the telescopic suspension was my choice but had to concede to wife's demand for an Activa. So it is now going to be there until there is a need for a new one which for the next 5 years is not going to be the case.
What I meant to ask is have you considered porting the telescopic suspension of the Access to the Activa? Would that be a bolt-on fit?

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 15:09   #1672
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
What I meant to ask is have you considered porting the telescopic suspension of the Access to the Activa? Would that be a bolt-on fit?
No Prajwal, I havent considered getting the modification done when Honda customer care put down my request to do so citing warranty voiding if done. Hence have decided to stay put. I dont know what kind of modification would that be if at all feasible. Will try to get some feedabck from the service guys when I will be taking the Activa for routine upcoming service in July.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:39   #1673
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Thumbs up Replace Scooter for not keeping mileage promise.

Came across this piece of news in the DNA website about a agrieved customer of Suzuki scooter who has filed a case against the Scooter company and dealer asking for compensation for selling a lemon scooter. The redressal forum has ordered Suzuki to provide the customer with a scooter giving 65 KMPL as advertised or refund the purchasing amount plus interest. The below link has the details.

‘Replace scooter for not keeping mileage promise’ - Mumbai - DNA
ghodlur is offline  
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:35   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 5,916 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Ok so I'm booking the vehicle(White activa) on saturday.
So after the advance was paid and the scooter booked on 19th march, the dealer had asked us to come after 75 days and make the full payment.
They told that the vehicle would be delivered 25 days after that.
We went after 75days i.e., on 2nd June.

The dealer refused to take the payment stating that the demand had increased and the waiting period had increased.
He asked us to come after 15 days or He promised to call us when he's ready to accept payment.
Finally, he called us and asked us to come on 20th june (94 days after booking)
The vehicle is promised on 1st of July now. (105 days after booking)
Keeping our fingers crossed that we get it on that date.

Waiting is one hell of a job!!
hemanth.anand is offline  
Old 28th June 2011, 12:37   #1675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thane (Dombivili)
Posts: 37
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Honda guys...these days must have compromised big time with quality of ACTIVA....vehicle to just refuse to start each morning. screws not properly tightened up, front battery panels shape is not proper, thus does not make a perfect fit. This leaves gaps which happily takes rain water inside. I feel rubber beeding should have been provided.

Odo and speedo not working....(I feel my dealer must have disconnected it...yet to check it)

Somewhere i heard the sales growth for ACTIVA in the month of May was not what they would have expected. Losing fast to Wego and Access.

Vespa too is entering Indian Scooter market. Honda will tough time if they don't come out the fairy tale success stories..
Sanyd1711 is offline  
Old 28th June 2011, 12:50   #1676
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Waiting time for Activa in Chennai is ~ 3 months. A colleague wanted to buy a gear less scooter last week and came to me for opinion. Took him to ABT Two wheelers and bought him a Suzuki Access for it's telescopic fork, since he has spondylitis problem. Price on the road with extra fittings was Rs 54000. His 11 year old KiHo was exchanged for Rs 4000.00, we paid the difference and took delivery in two days. He chose white which was readily available, otherwise the waiting period is two weeks. Best gear less scooter at the moment IMO.

Honda Aviator also has telescopic fork and is readily available, but he did not like the looks. We were not even ready to consider Wego, Rodeo etc.
Gansan is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 15:16   #1677
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thane (Dombivili)
Posts: 37
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Heys Guys ..

Any idea..??

What should be the ideal run-in period (or kms) for Activa ??
I guess 500 kms should be enough for it. Your advise ...

I dont have much knowledge about run-in stuff for 2-wheelers and care to be taken to pass this period safely.....
Sanyd1711 is offline  
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:44   #1678
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Heys Guys ..

Any idea..??

What should be the ideal run-in period (or kms) for Activa ??
I guess 500 kms should be enough for it. Your advise ...

I dont have much knowledge about run-in stuff for 2-wheelers and care to be taken to pass this period safely.....
First congrats for the Activa, must have received delivery after long wait.
It should be 1000 kms , also check owners Manual, but don't cross 50-55 km/hr, and vary the speed.

Drive safe and always were helmet.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 11:25   #1679
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thane (Dombivili)
Posts: 37
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Heys Parimal..

Thanks for that info.

I have sent my Activa to Cozy India Pvt (Jogeshwari) for fitting 2 extra wheels for balancing. Would get it after couple of days. Planning for a long monsoon drive then.
Sanyd1711 is offline  
Old 8th July 2011, 09:11   #1680
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Unhappy Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Got my Activa serviced as per the first paid service with 3K on the odo. Had complained regarding the stiff front suspensions to which the engineer came back with saying that the suspensions have gone soft due to the potholed road conditions, he suggested replacing both the front suspensions which would put me back by 750/-. I was advised to get it replaced post monsoon rather than immediately. A free anti rust on the body was an added plus for getting servicing done before 31st July.

Also took an AMC for one year for 772/-, was actually 938/- post July hike but a protest call to the owner of Vihaan Honda, Thane and was given the AMC as per old rates.

A talk with the workshop Manager revealed that Honda has increased the service cost by atleast 10% on all paid services and consumabales and labour charges. A 250/- paid service now costs 275/- excl the taxes.
ghodlur is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter CARDEEP Motorbikes 64 1st October 2015 10:24
Gearless scooter on rent in Bangalore? Gandhi Shifting gears 6 5th April 2010 18:58
Now that's what I call a scooter! The genuine scooter company NoMind Motorbikes 0 31st March 2009 15:07
Looking to buy a gearless scooter rascalangel Motorbikes 5 28th January 2009 15:22
Gearless scooter for my dad sathya_j2084 Motorbikes 36 27th February 2008 05:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks