Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2011, 13:27   #1696
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well this could be becoz the-rare-one has booked it in Pune. But like you say, they might initially quote 3 months wait but after payment you dont have a choice but to wait till the vehicle arrives.

Yes, Honda is very well known for their Drama and foul play. I struggled to get delivery of my Dio way back in 2006.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:08   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Yes, Honda is very well known for their Drama and foul play. I struggled to get delivery of my Dio way back in 2006.

@Abhinav & rki2007: I have booked it with full payment and the receipt mentions "Approx 6 months waiting, full payment is done by own wish". So the showroom is protecting itself from any flack. Otherwise I know the key people out there and so know that I will get the bike in 2 months. I could get my friends CBR in 2 months too from there itself.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:05   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
Otherwise I know the key people out there and so know that I will get the bike in 2 months. I could get my friends CBR in 2 months too from there itself.
The part in bold above will see you getting your ride at the promised time and even well before it possibly. But the one's without any contacts of the higher ups/key people end up falling prey to the drama by Honda.

CBR in 2 months. That's a good one!
Old 12th July 2011, 18:09   #1699
BHPian

Does anyone know the engine oil grade for TVS Wego? There is no mention of that in the user manual and the mechs at the authorized centre also do not know it.

Prajwal
Old 12th July 2011, 18:53   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am planning to write to Honda on their website asking for an explanation since I did not get any reassurance from the owner of the dealership to whom I explained the situation.
I had written to Honda regarding the failed front suspensions of my Activa and asked them to give reasons for the exclusion of the suspensions from warranty claims on Saturday. Got no reply from Honda, but today recd a call from Thane dealer/workshop to have a second look at the issue. Will be taking the scooter tomorrow for the check up. Hope they take some decision about replacing the suspension. Will update after the visit.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:41   #1701
BHPian

I do not understand why all of them stick to Honda Activa. Why not other options like Duro/Wego. It is available immediately too. Agree that Honda stands top in quality, but still i think the Duro/Wego are good contenders. And Duro is less than 5 k than activa.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:51   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
I do not understand why all of them stick to Honda Activa. Why not other options like Duro/Wego. It is available immediately too. Agree that Honda stands top in quality, but still i think the Duro/Wego are good contenders. And Duro is less than 5 k than activa.
I can understand your resentment but its the mindset of the customer which still lead them to buy Honda products. I was always for Suzuki Access (Wego wasn't launched then) but wifey was hell bent on Honda. During my recent servicing, I came across an Activa 12 yrs old and the engine was still super smooth. Also came across a Suzuki Access owned by a friend barely 3 yrs old and already had major issues with engine. That justifies the customer's faith in Honda products.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:08   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
One reason I can think of is the waiting period on the Honda activa makes the prospective customers believe it is a far better vehicle. It will take some time for access,wego to break the market.

The four-wheeler(car) market has matured a lot, people have moved away from suzuki vehicles and gone for hyundai, ford... The two-wheelers market also will witness the change soon.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:20   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
One reason I can think of is the waiting period on the Honda activa makes the prospective customers believe it is a far better vehicle. It will take some time for access,wego to break the market.

The four-wheeler(car) market has matured a lot, people have moved away from suzuki vehicles and gone for hyundai, ford... The two-wheelers market also will witness the change soon.

It is not yesterday or today or tomorrow and it is not Dio or Activa or Unicorn, all the bikes of Honda have a waiting period. My friend waited for Honda shine for 3 months. This doesn't show the customer reliability, it is merely less production facilities by Honda.They have created a mere eye wash program that make people believe that Honda is unable to meet the customers demand and the requirement is huge. When two wheeler manufacturing leader Hero honda is meeting the requirements of buyers why not Honda.

Among the available alternatives today in the gearless scooter segment, i see Wego and Access as the potential contenders to Activa.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:28   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
I had written to Honda regarding the failed front suspensions of my Activa and asked them to give reasons for the exclusion of the suspensions from warranty claims on Saturday. Got no reply from Honda, but today recd a call from Thane dealer/workshop to have a second look at the issue. Will be taking the scooter tomorrow for the check up. Hope they take some decision about replacing the suspension. Will update after the visit.
Update:

The honda workshop had a detailed look at the front suspension of my Activa and concluded that the spindle on which the spring moves is slightly bent on one of the suspension. This is slighly hampering the spring compression and action but does not need an immediate replacement. Honda has confirmed that this suspension replacement is not under warranty and would have to be borne by me. This is going to put me back by 750/- for the replacement of suspension.

I have attached the snaps and circled the area where the spring is brushing the spindle.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc06506.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc06507.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc06509.jpg  

Old 14th July 2011, 12:09   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....This is slighly hampering the spring compression and action but does not need an immediate replacement.
Good that they have identified the issue. Is the discomfort on pot holed roads too much? I am asking because, they are saying it does not need immediate replacement and its only slightly hampering the compression.

What is their reason for not doing this work in warranty?
Old 14th July 2011, 12:52   #1707
Senior - BHPian

We had a major job done on our 2004 TVS Scooty Pep last week.This is in Chennai.

Total damages:
  1. Starter Bendix+bush - 1400
  2. Clutch liner - 600
  3. Brake liners - 150
  4. Clutch roller plus V fiber set - 450
  5. Accelerator cable and brake cable - don't have the rates
  6. Engine oil 200
  7. Labour 400
The work was required since Ma'am reported some shudder in the scooter when moving off from standstill position ; there was a slight vibration even when the scooter starter was used ; plus the accelerator cable was too tight.

All TVS genuine parts were used.

The scooter was handed over to an independent even before I could get to test run.

The result is great,but the mechanic took a full 72 hrs more than estimated because he was just not committed to his timelines;extremely slow in work

Would strongly advise users in Chennai(Kodambakkam/Ashok Nagar) to go to him only if you have loads of patience and cash .

His name is Ramu, shop is located in Rangarajapuram.

Get into Rangarajapuram Main Road next to Samiyar Maddam Grace Supermarket -> go approx 300 yards;take the first right -> this guy works outside the temple there
Old 14th July 2011, 13:31   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good that they have identified the issue. Is the discomfort on pot holed roads too much? I am asking because, they are saying it does not need immediate replacement and its only slightly hampering the compression.

What is their reason for not doing this work in warranty?
There is a pronounced discomfort whenever going on a potholed road because the feedback comes bit hard on the rider. At this point as per Honda either the spring does not retract back or gets stuck until the next pothole is covered when the same jerk action reverses the earlier spring action.

The reason for Honda not replacing the suspensions under warranty is because its not covered in warranty and Honda will replace them only if the suspension manufacturer agrees to accept the claim which will be the case only if there is an oil leakage. For all other reasons of suspension failure it is due to customer. These were the words that Honda official told me over the phone. Also since the Honda official declined to give any guarentee for the new suspension too, considering the monsoon I decided to get them replaced after monsoons only.

I am curious to know what does the Aviator manual says regarding the front suspension warranty.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:21   #1709
Senior - BHPian

The suspension of the Dio that we owned also was having the problem of pronounced discomfort. Honda ASC would just lube/grease it and say its the nature of the suspension and nothing can be done about it. Probably our suspension was also bust!!

Quote:
....I am curious to know what does the Aviator
manual says regarding the front suspension warranty.
Me too!! Can any Aviator owners please check your manual for the warranty clause and report what it says about the front suspension.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:58   #1710
BHPian

Now that the suspension thing is going on, any update if we can replace Activa rear suspension with that of Wego/Access ??? The stiff rear suspension on my Activa is breaking my back like hell. Any one have any idea abt this..??

Can T-BHP tech support team help us with this..??

I can forget abt warranty part if this issue is solved somehow.

As if HONDA is very generous abt WARRANTY part.
Closed Thread