Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2011, 12:07   #1711
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Now that the suspension thing is going on, any update if we can replace Activa rear suspension with that of Wego/Access ??? The stiff rear suspension on my Activa is breaking my back like hell. Any one have any idea abt this..??

Can T-BHP tech support team help us with this..??

I can forget abt warranty part if this issue is solved somehow.

As if HONDA is very generous abt WARRANTY part.
@Sandy1711: It may not be possible to replace the suspension of the Wego since it is fitted on a 12" wheel (yes, even the rear wheel is a 12" wheel). The clearence height will not fit. However, you might want to take a look at the Access suspension as that is the same dimension of that of the Activa. The Aviator might fit as it is also a 10" wheel.

Do update us of any fitting.

Prajwal
Old 17th July 2011, 12:35   #1712
Senior - BHPian

I dont think changing out the Activa suspension with the Access is such a good idea. Largely because the two are completely different machines with different chassis, different weights etc.

At best you can move to the Dio/Aviator suspension. These will have a better chance of fitting and working well on the Activa.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 13:54   #1713
BHPian

Default Re: Hona Pleasure Engine oil tank

Hey Guys I need to put in engine oil in my Honda Please, but unable to locate where the bl@@dy little tank is to fill it up. I can't find the service manual. Can't find a pdf online either. It is long overdue and I think it is running dry and affecting pickup and mileage. I opened the front side where the little hook is to dangle shopping bags, but I only fond the spark plug. Oink! Please help me!

I got HP 20-40 4T oil. Is that good for this little thingie?

--Ragul
Old 18th July 2011, 14:03   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hey Guys I need to put in engine oil in my Honda Please, but unable to locate where the bl@@dy little tank is to fill it up. I can't find the service manual. Can't find a pdf online either. It is long overdue and I think it is running dry and affecting pickup and mileage. I opened the front side where the little hook is to dangle shopping bags, but I only fond the spark plug. Oink! Please help me!

I got HP 20-40 4T oil. Is that good for this little thingie?

--Ragul
It's located between the front footrest and the silencer in my Honda Dio.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:06   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Honda scooter waiting period in Pune, I noticed that usually the dealer would try to push generic colors on you, saying your selected color will have a long waiting, why don't you take this other color for immediate/sooner delivery etc. Make sure you stand strong on your choice, as it is available quite soon. I got Orange Aviator in January this year just after 15 days of booking, when the dealer said atleast 1 month waiting, and some other dealers were not even taking booking for that colour! I was asked to shift to black or red color for faster delivery, as orange disc brake version was rare. But it got delivered.

So select a colour and version as per your liking, not as per availability!
Old 18th July 2011, 15:02   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
It's located between the front footrest and the silencer in my Honda Dio.

Ok I got a mechanic to do it - he opened a nut underneath and let the oil drain then poured in the new stuff from the top.

My earlier bike was a rx-100 and that had a separate tank at the side. I think the local mechanic slang for it is "siide oil" . Wonder why this scooter does not use "side oil"?

Thanks Prateek.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 22:45   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Ok I got a mechanic to do it - he opened a nut underneath and let the oil drain then poured in the new stuff from the top.

My earlier bike was a rx-100 and that had a separate tank at the side. I think the local mechanic slang for it is "siide oil" . Wonder why this scooter does not use "side oil"?

Thanks Prateek.

Cheers
@Ragul: The "side oil" on the RX-100 was the 2T oil that would get mixed with petrol for smoother combustion and acts like an additive. That was characteristic with 2 strokers. However, it did have engine oil also which you might not have noticed.

4strokers do not need the "side oil" as they burn clean petrol and do not need any additives like the 2T oil.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 12:51   #1718
BHPian

Thanks Prajwal & julupani for your valuable comment.

Correct me if i am wrong, for both Access and Aviator rear suspension is Hydraulic (spring based), right ?? Telescopic suspensions are available only for front tyres..??

The whole exercise should work..whats say guys ??
Old 19th July 2011, 12:58   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Thanks Prajwal & julupani for your valuable comment.

Correct me if i am wrong, for both Access and Aviator rear suspension is Hydraulic (spring based), right ?? Telescopic suspensions are available only for front tyres..??

The whole exercise should work..whats say guys ??
Yes the Rear suspension for Aviator and Access is spring based but whether the dimensions of either would match the presnt Activa is a doubt.

You need to talk to either Honda dealer or an experienced mechanic to find out. Do let us know when you do so.

FYI, I always found the rear suspension to be more comfortable than the front one which I would have liked to replace with the telescopic ones.
Old 27th July 2011, 06:22   #1720
BHPian

I'm planning to replace my bike (pulsar 180) with a scooter. My cousin recently bought a Wego and was raving about it, so I had to take a test drive. I was a little skeptical, but the test drive( on a really bad road) changed my opinion completely. The ride and handling was miles ahead of the Activa, the engine was quite smooth, pickup was as good. The thing I liked most was the seat, as I've suffered for a long time with the Pulsars narrow and hard seat.

The under seat storage seems a little less than the Activa. There is an option to get the front glove box, though that isn't good for much else beyond the bikes papers.

I'm still holding off from booking it, because the dealer offered me a very low price for my bike, so will try to sell it outside.

Does anyone have an idea about the Wego's monthly sales numbers? TVS wer hoping to sell 15-20k a month, are they meeting the target?
Old 27th July 2011, 13:46   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Do try out a few other options before fixing on the Wego. Test ride the Access, Aviator and Rodeo. All of them have the plus and minus points, but all are equally comfortable, so check them all out before deciding.
Old 27th July 2011, 14:11   #1722
BHPian

The dealer told me that rear suspensions are gas-filled shock absorbers for Activa and Aviator unlike earlier. I know that gas-filled shock absorbers are the norm now, but can somebody confirm this?

I have an older Activa and the lack of a telescopic front suspension leads to a lot of neck pain (spondilitis like). How is the telescopic suspension of Aviator compared to the front suspension of Activa? Does it really make a big difference? Even the TVS Scooty Pep+ comes with a telescopic suspension in front. What is wrong with Honda?

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Yes the Rear suspension for Aviator and Access is spring based but whether the dimensions of either would match the presnt Activa is a doubt.

You need to talk to either Honda dealer or an experienced mechanic to find out. Do let us know when you do so.

FYI, I always found the rear suspension to be more comfortable than the front one which I would have liked to replace with the telescopic ones.
Old 27th July 2011, 14:34   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
The dealer told me that rear suspensions are gas-filled shock absorbers for Activa and Aviator unlike earlier. I know that gas-filled shock absorbers are the norm now, but can somebody confirm this?
The rear suspension of Activa/Aviator are not gas filled but hydraulic damped springs as told in earlier posts, your dealer is misleading you.

Quote:
How is the telescopic suspension of Aviator compared to the front suspension of Activa? Does it really make a big difference? Even the TVS Scooty Pep+ comes with a telescopic suspension in front. What is wrong with Honda?
The front suspension of Activa is crap, I wish Honda introduces the telescopic suspensions for Activa too. It gives a good ride quality for sure.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 15:51   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
IHow is the telescopic suspension of Aviator compared to the front suspension of Activa? Does it really make a big difference? Even the TVS Scooty Pep+ comes with a telescopic suspension in front. What is wrong with Honda?
Pradeep
Front suspension of Aviator is miles ahead compared to Activa/Dio. Also do try out the Access and Wego. You can make out the difference quite evidently.

As Ghodulur has mentioned, the rear shocks of Activa and Aviator are not gas filled.

The advantage of telescopic front suspension is that it irons out the rough surfaces better and improves the ride quality. The pain the neck joint and shoulders will be almost nil. To give you an example, my dad suffers from spondilitis. He was using the old Activa before, but when we got Flyte, he was very happy with the ride quality and never went near the Activa again. He said Flyte offered offered a plush ride which was not at all tiring.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 23:19   #1725
BHPian

I am looking to purchase a scooty for my dad. He isn't very tall, and I need something which is not too tall, and isn't very heavy.

Is it a good choice? Has TVS changed anything in the scooty recently? I was seeing some reports that said that the streak had some maintenance issues. Which model of scooty is low maintenance and has decent mileage? What is the realistic mileage that others are getting on scooty?
Closed Thread