Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2011, 11:03   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is Piaggio coming out with something soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There are talks about Piaggio coming,
Yeah,
piaggio coming out with lovely scooter,
i hope, it will be one of the best scooter ever launched in India.
Old 7th August 2011, 12:56   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Yeah,
piaggio coming out with lovely scooter,
i hope, it will be one of the best scooter ever launched in India.
Yes you are right Ashish but it will not be before the second quarter of 2012. The scooter will be lauched during the Jan 2012 Delhi Expo and the customers will have to wait for another 3-4 months from the launch.

Hope Yamaha too does the same thing during that time. It will lovely to have two new scooters launched injecting some freshness in the scooter markets in midst of the Activas, access, Wegos etc.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:16   #1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Does anyone have an idea about the Wego's monthly sales numbers? TVS wer hoping to sell 15-20k a month, are they meeting the target?

Yup, TVS is doing well with Wego. Last three months they have sold an average of 15,000 units (sold about 16,500 units in July'11). And i believe they are constrained by capacity on Wego. So, as incremental capacity comes in, sales should go up.....
Old 11th August 2011, 13:34   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Picking up from the latest update from Hero Motor Corp erstwhile HH, have launched a new scooter Maestro (Also a new thread going on in the same section). It seems to closely resemble a lot of other scooters in the market and bang against the Wego (look closely the mid and rear end)

Hero MotoCorp unveils Maestro scooter: Photos : Overdrive

Need to watch and see how the Solo Hero does against the Wego!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any feedback on which gearless scooter to buy out of the current gen? Is Piaggio coming out with something soon?
Old 11th August 2011, 13:56   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Picking up from the latest update from Hero Motor Corp erstwhile HH, have launched a new scooter Maestro (Also a new thread going on in the same section). It seems to closely resemble a lot of other scooters in the market and bang against the Wego (look closely the mid and rear end)

From the photos, it doesn't have telescopic front shocks. Definitely a no-no for our kind of pothole filled roads. One will end up having all sorts of neck pain.

Pradeep
Old 11th August 2011, 14:21   #1746
Senior - BHPian

From the pics, the Maestro is just a rebodied Pleasure. So you can expect prices to be low, and the scooter to be no better.
Old 11th August 2011, 14:24   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

Need to watch and see how the Solo Hero does against the Wego!!
There are no other details as to what the engine size would be and comparing it with Wego would too early without knowing the specifications. The leg space is already compromised with the storage in the front.

The good part is its got some digital displays, a new for the gearless scooter segment.

Edit: Saw the engine is 110cc same as the Activa and Wego.

Last edited by ghodlur : 11th August 2011 at 14:28.
Old 11th August 2011, 14:58   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The good part is its got some digital displays, a new for the gearless scooter segment.
Actually, thats incorrect. The Mahindra Rodeo, has an all-digital guage, including a digital tachometer, speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge and trip meter. It even has a multi colour back light for the display Here's a pic.
Attached Images

julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 13:56   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Yes you are right Ashish but it will not be before the second quarter of 2012. The scooter will be lauched during the Jan 2012 Delhi Expo and the customers will have to wait for another 3-4 months from the launch.
An update on the Piaggio scooters. With not even a single scooter launch or sales as yet but Piagggio is on expansion spree. It is doubling the capacity for the proposed January month launch of the Vespa scooters. Isn't that too early? The Vespa 125 cc will be launched with a price of 60K approximately as the link says.

Piaggio Plans Scooter Capacity Expansion | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 17th August 2011, 02:14   #1750
BHPian

Do two wheeler dealers accept credit cards for full payment of the vehicle? Or do they insist on cash/DD?
Old 17th August 2011, 08:51   #1751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Do two wheeler dealers accept credit cards for full payment of the vehicle? Or do they insist on cash/DD?
These days everybody accepts cards. But some dealers charge 2% bank charges extra for the card transaction.

3 years ago, I paid for my wife's scooty pep+ with my credit card...full payment of 42k..no bank charges levied.
2 years ago, I paid for my friend's aviator with my credit card...it was some 55k...here the dealer charged an extra 2% for the card.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 12:01   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
As mentioned by Hemanth, it depends on the dealer. Most of them accept cards and initially insist on the 2% charges. You can talk your way out of the 2% charges 95% of the time. But some adamant dealers never budge. So take you chance with different dealers. Better still call them and confirm over the phone if they accept cards without the 2% bank charges!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 10:43   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Default Squeaks, anyone.. ?

Guys, my two year old HH Pleasure has started squeaking again. It squeaks like a mouse everytime I brake, or go over undulations (which is constant).
Any DIY solutions for the same ?
Old 19th August 2011, 11:21   #1754
BHPian

Default Re: Squeaks, anyone.. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Guys, my two year old HH Pleasure has started squeaking again. It squeaks like a mouse everytime I brake, or go over undulations (which is constant).
Any DIY solutions for the same ?
Get your brakes checked, could be they are getting jammed on braking. This happened to my tvs wego after recent heavy rains.

The squeaking sound could be from suspension and it is quite common, don't they grease the suspension during major service, please check the manual.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:43   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Squeaks, anyone.. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Get your brakes checked, could be they are getting jammed on braking. This happened to my tvs wego after recent heavy rains.

The squeaking sound could be from suspension and it is quite common, don't they grease the suspension during major service, please check the manual.
Thanks bean. The brakes dont feel faded or jammed. But then, I use this scooter to mainly putter around at 20-30kmph (not kidding!) so need to do some more testing.

Let me check if its mentioned in the manual about greasing the suspension, dont want to take it to the A.S.S. just for this little thing.
Closed Thread