Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2011, 11:56   #1756
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Guys,

Last month I did my 1st free service. I highly doubt that Honda A.S.S changed my Engine & Gear Oil (I asked them to change Gear Oil too), though it was billed likewise. That particular day they had around 50-60 vehiles for free service, and they returned my Activa in just 3-4 hours.

If i had given my bike early morning to them , i can understand this 'QUICK RESPONSE'. It was around 12'o clock i gave it to them and they were done @ 2.30 pm.

I asked them to change fluids (next time) in front of me to which they denied saying.....they have too much of vehicles and they cannot cater to individual demands.

How to solve this issue...??
Old 19th August 2011, 12:05   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Squeaks, anyone.. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
....The brakes dont feel faded or jammed.
If the brakes don't feel faded/jammed, then its a case of dust/grime in between the brake pad/drum. Cleaning them should suffice. Can be done by any local mech during the regular pressure wash of the scoot.

@Sandy - Honda being honda, well they wont agree to change the fluids in your presence. You can never rely on them to have changed the fluids. But 1st service normally does not have too much work. They just change the oil, oil filter, clean the air filter, check the suspension is alright (if they feel like) and wash the bike and return it. So 2.5 hours seems about right if they have done a shoddy job with the washing as the washing bays will never be free to do a thorough job.

You can be sure about the fluid change with the way the scoot rides. It will be smoother. If not, you can get a trusted local mech to check the oil level and oil condition to confirm if it has indeed been changed.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 19th August 2011 at 12:10.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 12:15   #1758
BHPian

No doubt, bike feels smooth. But if there are 4 free servicing and all of them requires to change atleast engine oil, why cant they do it. I would prefer buying engine/gear oil, oil filter etc stuff frm them and change them by local trusted mech.

That would atleast ensure better health for my bike.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:23   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
No doubt, bike feels smooth. But if there are 4 free servicing and all of them requires to change atleast engine oil, why cant they do it. I would prefer buying engine/gear oil, oil filter etc stuff frm them and change them by local trusted mech.

That would atleast ensure better health for my bike.
Out of the 4 free services the engine oil is changed only twice and not all the four times. The details of the servicing are available on the backside of the service coupon.

I used to make it a point for the SA to write down the services to be done on the service sheet which I could cross check later, though verbally only. But atleast this makes an impression on the SA that the customer is alert.
Old 20th August 2011, 22:51   #1760

Question Buying Experience Suzuki Access 125

Warm Hello to one and all.
Being a subscriber & regular reader of this thread, I was inclined towards buying Suzuki Access 125 (for its power and shockers) over Honda Activa & TVS Wego.
Hope I made a good decision, so want to share my buying experience with other fellow Team-BHPn's

[8-8-2011]
I started by making a pre-sale Telephonic inquiry to my local dealer here in BATALA, Punjab - 143505. The things I wanted to know were, the price and the waiting period along with booking amount if any.
The response :
Price : 52,523/- (Including accessories) (RC, Insurance Excluded)
Waiting Period : 15 to 20 days
Booking Amount : Rs 1000/-

On requesting that, I didnt' need the accessories :
"We don't sell without the accessories (Company Policy, they come pre-fitted), If still interested, Wait for 6 months for deliver"

[10-8-2011]
I though of trying my luck at the Suzuki India Ltd. website, regarding Ex-Showroom price in my location and THE Company policy ('Big No' without accessories).
After 2 days, I surprisingly got a phone from Mr. Vipin, Sales Manager North, who tried to clear all my doubts. His response :
1. No such policy
2. Visit the showroom and make a booking.
3. Notify (SMS) me the booking number and Colour.
4. Waiting period 30 to 45 days.

[20-8-2011]
Finally making a firm decision, I decided to visit the Suzuki Showroom in person and make a booking for 2 vehicles (One for my friend)

Showroom Highlights : (Visiting as a fresh and potential customer)
Happily received .... Want to make a booking ?
Price : Rs. 52523/-
How ?
Basic Price : 45160/-
Temp. No. : 200/-
Lamination : 500/-
AMC : 750/-
Puncture Resistant tyre : 1600/-
Accessories (Listed below) : 4313/-
a) Ladies footrest
b) Side Stand
c) Mat
d) 2 Number plates
e) All round pipe
f) Front Open Box
g) Seat cover
h) Body Cover

My request : I don't want
1) Lamination
2) Puncture proof tyre(s)
3) Accessories
4) may or may not opt for AMC

The atmosphere changed suddenly.
Ok Sir, No problem, Chinta Na Karo. (holding a piece of paper) Leave your phone number, we will call you as soon as the vehicle is available as per your request.

On insisting, My name & cell no. were recorded in a register and the number(s) handed over verbally.
What about the booking amount ?
"No Problem, Chinta Na Karo" was the reply. (As if saying, "You will never get a callback", don't bother)

I guess the booking part is over and will soon SMS/email the booking number & Colour (Silver) to Vipin. Lets see which way the wind blows.

My main purpose of sharing this info was to get your valuable suggestions regarding :
1) Did I do, the right thing ? (Be mentally prepared for difficulty in after sale service)
2) Should I go for the accessories and other stuff offered ?
3) What about the AMC ?

Thanks for reading such a long post.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:15   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Buying Experience Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmint View Post
1) Did I do, the right thing ? (Be mentally prepared for difficulty in after sale service)
2) Should I go for the accessories and other stuff offered ?
3) What about the AMC ?
1. You might have to be firm and vigilant for the first 1 or 2 services. Once they are aware they cannot take you for a ride just because you did not take accessories, they will not try to act smart and bother you.

2. Accessories:
a) Ladies footrest - If an elderly lady is sitting wearing a saree, it will surely help.
b) Side Stand - Very convenient and necessary IMHO
c) Mat - You can get it outside
d) 2 Number plates - Legally required to be present on the vehicle. Not sure if you can get the correct size outside, but you might.
e) All round pipe - If you are confident of yourself and of handling the traffic on either side of you, you dont need this.
f) Front Open Box - If the box is very shallow, its a waste and will eat into the leg space up front as well.
g) Seat cover - Good to have
h) Body Cover - Your call. In case of covered parking and if the scoot is going to be used daily, then it might not be needed.

3. AMC is a good thing to have. But it depends on what is covered in the AMC. So read all the fine lines and then go for it.

Additionaly, puncture resistant tires are good to have. So rethink about it and get them. Saves a lot of hassle for 1600 bucks.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:12   #1762

@ abhinav.s - Thank you.

Respected members, does anybody now whether Ladies Footrest and Side Stand are a part of standard (stock) accessories included with Suzuki Access.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:56   #1763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmint View Post
@ abhinav.s - Thank you.

Respected members, does anybody now whether Ladies Footrest and Side Stand are a part of standard (stock) accessories included with Suzuki Access.
NO they are not a part of the scooter and have to be bought separately as accessories. For that matter none of the gearless scooter come with side stand and ladies foot rest as part of the scooter.

If you are planning to buy the scooter then the only accessories I can suggest is the ladies footrest and the side stand. And if reqd anti rust underbody coating. If you feel you also need the buzzer for the turn indicators then go for it otherwise you are well off without it too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 19:12   #1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you are planning to buy the scooter then the only accessories I can suggest is the ladies footrest and the side stand. And if reqd anti rust underbody coating. If you feel you also need the buzzer for the turn indicators then go for it otherwise you are well off without it too.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely go for the items you mentioned.
Old 27th August 2011, 07:35   #1765
BHPian

I bought a Cappucino Brown Wego this week. I booked the vehicle in the morning, expecting the delivery in 2-3 days, but the dealer had it in stock and was able to give it to me by evening with a temporary registration number.

I was coming to the Wego after 8 years with a Pulsar 180, the primary reason is that I rarely go further than a 10 km distance and it is usually in fairly heavy traffic with a heavy laptop on my back. A scooter just makes a lot more sense.

We already have an Activa in our house, and I didn't want another, so my choices were limited to Wego and Access. The Access is just so boring looking, so I immediately struck it off the list. I did a couple of test drives of the Wego and was sold.

Initial impressions after a few days
- Very smooth engine, almost on par with the Activa
- The telescopic shocks inspire a lot of confidence on the road
- I think the 12" wheels are a master-stroke. They have the advantage of maneuverability with the stability of a larger size

What I didn't like
- Storage space is less than Activa. The front box is a joke, just good enough for the documents. The under-seat storage holds my full face helmet but surprisingly not the open face helmet that I was planning to use
- There are a couple of screws on the instrument panel that mar the otherwise beautiful design
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:59   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Hero Moto Pleasure or Honda Activa

Folks my closest friend is buying a scooter for him mom and has narrowed down to these two choices. Me, my friend and his mom TD'd various choices and came up with the shortlist as above. Just before I comment on the short lists, the other choices that were taken out of the window were (note - his mom already has an Activa that needs replacement) -
Scooty Streak: Is smaller than others with less power (5 BHP)
Suzuki Access: A little bulbous in design, plain design and higher priced

The ones not considered at all due to personal reasons like taste, brand etc were Wego, M&M 2 wheelers, Dio, Aviator

From the two shortlists-

HM Pleasure-

For
Similar in size and power 100cc 7 BHP
Same credo as that of Activa (it is HH Version of Activa until Activa became 110cc)
Good A$$ network and immediate delivery
Value pricing - 51k on road Blr compared to Activa (56k)

Against
Plastic body compared to Activa's metal
Feels a bit smaller to Activa (perception that it may not carry 2 full sized adults compared to Activa)

H Activa-

For
Powerful, refined and metal bodied (sense of long lasting)
Tried, tested, familiar (present ride) and proven vehicle

Against
Long long waiting periods over 3 months
Pricing is higher than Pleasure
No real USP compared to others

Please suggest and help us make a clear choice.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:11   #1767
Senior - BHPian

You seem to have shortlisted probably the two worst of the scooters out there in the market.

My first point, does your friend's mother have any particluar reason for not being satisfied with the power of the Streak?? Because this is the lightest and easiest to handle.

If not, do go out there and take a ride on the Wego. Its a superb scooter, powerful, stylish and something your friends mom will love, its way way more comfortable than the Activa or Pleasure.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:18   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Can you please explain clearly why you think these two are the "worst" of the lot. As far as the market is concerned Activa is one of the top two in popularity. So you need to be clearer and detailed in your claims when you make such a BIG statement.

As far as the Wego is concerned, I agree its a good vehicle personally but some how did not strike the right chord with the final user. +1 on Streak as well. Can't push her into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
You seem to have shortlisted probably the two worst of the scooters out there in the market.

My first point, does your friend's mother have any particluar reason for not being satisfied with the power of the Streak?? Because this is the lightest and easiest to handle.

If not, do go out there and take a ride on the Wego. Its a superb scooter, powerful, stylish and something your friends mom will love, its way way more comfortable than the Activa or Pleasure.

Last edited by girishglg : 2nd September 2011 at 12:20.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:19   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I wouldn't say Activa is a worst scooter but yes the waiting period puts off many proabable customers. Even I would recommend Wego but since I haven't actually driven it I would not be able to say whether its suited for ladies esp elderly type purely on weight basis. For all other requirment Wego is the choice.
I wish Suzuki does bring some thing fresh to the Access, its been there for long time now without any upgrades.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:32   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hero Moto Pleasure or Honda Activa

Folks my closest friend is buying a scooter for him mom and has narrowed down to these two choices...
I have an HH Pleasure bought as a runabout, and I am quite satisfied with the product. Things tilting in its favour compared to the Activa for me were/are ready availability, better dealership and sales experience (dunno how it is in Bangy), light, engine refinement and better priced as well.
My mom rides it frequently, and has absolutely no issues with its manageability. Though that doesnt say anything, because she rode an old gen Kinetic Honda DX (with its badly designed stand and all) for about 15+ years before we got this.

Last edited by sajo : 2nd September 2011 at 12:33.
Closed Thread