Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2007, 14:29   #166
BHPian

Default flyte definitely

definitely the FLYTE over the ACCESS (and others in my opinion)
Flyte and access are both 125cc and they have telescopic front suspension (which is so much better than suspension of activa/dio/pep/pleasure/kinetic 4s etc).

But the FLYTE has a lot more than Access - better starting (bigger battery & secondary air injection), better tyres & brakes, the engine is more refined and a lot more convenience features (front fuel filler, mobile chargepoint etc).

plus - the FLYTE has a 3 yr warranty AND is about 4-5k cheaper than the Access. (access is overpriced).

And the Access looks like Activa, while the Flyte looks a lot more contemporary. i just did this research, and chose the flyte so sharing my thinking with u.

Anyway, do your research and take all test rides and then decide. thats best.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:16   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirisha View Post
Oops ! Misssed the "E" out, dint I ? U knw I did actually wonder if u were a part of DC. Ok coming back to the topic, why would you prefer Sym Flyte over the others? And what is telescopic front suspension ? I am a complete novice when it comes to all these techie terms.
Its the same kind of suspension as in Motorcycles. It helps in better absorption of shocks compared to normal scooters. So your shoulders wont hurt even on bad roads.
As for the other reasons for going with SYM Flyte, go through this thread from page one you will come to know.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:59   #168

@Archie, Thnx for sharing . Got to test ride Flyte. Hopefully this weekend. I saw a girl riding Flyte, aquamarime color, yesterday and that got me thinking about it !

@DCEite. I did go through the whole thread before I became a member of BHP! N I did wonder why people did not even discuss about Hero Honda Pleasure. So with Flyte, you wont feel that Thud in the pothole? Hmm...
Old 16th November 2007, 16:47   #169
BHPian

aquamarine! thats the color of my flyte too
Old 16th November 2007, 18:39   #170

hi frnds

this is anup from kolkata posting first time on team bhp. i m also plnng to buy an ungeard 2whllr and quite delighted to see people like me. i m was confused betwm nova 135 and activa but came to know tht nova is quite problematic so now after reading ur posts i m still confused because when nova was newly launced people said all the good things like here on flyte but after some time they started cursing. so please help beacuse i m spending for the 1st time and dont hve any technical knowledge even flyte is not available in kolkata it will be coming btwn dec and jan
Old 16th November 2007, 21:25   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Review: Kinetic's Flyte-Motown Buzz-Indiatimes Wheels review of the flyte
Old 17th November 2007, 10:26   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirisha View Post
So with Flyte, you wont feel that Thud in the pothole? Hmm...

Here is the picture of the front suspension.

@Mpower, thanks for the review link.
Old 17th November 2007, 20:53   #173
Senior - BHPian

BTW, i double cranked the engine on two occasions. Blame it on my habit of pressing car horn using the right hand thumb.

I hope i have not inflicted too much damage on my baby :(
Any inputs (consolations) ?

Last edited by DCEite : 17th November 2007 at 20:54.
Old 17th November 2007, 23:28   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupdalmia View Post
hi frnds

this is anup from kolkata posting first time on team bhp. i m also plnng to buy an ungeard 2whllr and quite delighted to see people like me. i m was confused betwm nova 135 and activa but came to know tht nova is quite problematic so now after reading ur posts i m still confused because when nova was newly launced people said all the good things like here on flyte but after some time they started cursing. so please help beacuse i m spending for the 1st time and dont hve any technical knowledge even flyte is not available in kolkata it will be coming btwn dec and jan
nova? STAY AWAY from that machine. its not that bad but its totally outdated and not relevant today. your choices today are as below with the main features and advantages listed.

1. suzuki access - telescopic front shocks, 125cc, big, brawny, excellent fit & finish, 3.50-10 tyres
2. kinetic sym flyte - telescopic front shocks, 125cc, front fueling, huge underseat storage, cute, light, cheap, 3.50-10 tyres
3. bajaj kristal - front fueling, cute, light, cheap

thats it. all other products are outdated compared to the above three. i would say that the access and the flyte ate the two top contenders. you must trst ride the 3 and then decide. thats the best way forward.
Old 18th November 2007, 10:47   #175
BHPian

Default hmmm

well definitely NOT Kristal as there's too many problems with this scooter and dealers are a lot more interested in bajaj motorcycles so the kristal and its owners get ignored.

so the choice is between the access and the flyte.

i think flyte is much better than access in looks, features and engine, and also more economical and so the flyte was my choice but u should test ride both and see. and let us know!
Old 26th November 2007, 01:01   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Had a dio for 3 years while i was studying in bangalore.It had done 47 thousand km when i presented it to my uncle.It is 70 thousand km up now in 4 nd half years.
Engine overhaul done at 60 thousand kilometers.Would have lasted more if i had not taken it for long long distance trips many a times and had taken real good care of it
Mileage was always in the region of 48 to 50 and it still gives the same as according to my uncle.
Also an extremly good headlight the dio has
If u like the looks of the dio go for it otherwise activa and both share the same engine just that dio is fiber and lighter than the activa.
Also dio is more manuverable as compared to activa and this comes from the fact that we had an activa and dio in the same house.
Go for one of them if u want a piece of mind and a tried and tested product.
The bike never failed me how much ever i abused it and after 4 nd half years and 70 thousand kilometers its still in use

good to hear that the dio never failed you "even when you abused it" it but you also say that you "took good care of it". what did actually happen to the dio? good care or abuse?
Old 26th November 2007, 03:12   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
good to hear that the dio never failed you "even when you abused it" it but you also say that you "took good care of it". what did actually happen to the dio? good care or abuse?
Read his post properly. He says it would have lasted longer "IF he had taken good care of it".
Old 26th November 2007, 09:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

Demeber's overdrive has a shootout of all the scooter's. They ranked FLYTE above all. Good choice DCEite
Old 26th November 2007, 10:40   #179
BHPian

The only thing that concerns me is quality of vehicles from Kinetic - except for Kinetic Honda, all of them are pathetic. They start giving problem after 1 or 2 years. Can't trust Kinetic - too much risk! And though I am annoyed by Honda's apathy to upgrade their Activa and make it more exciting - when it comes to reliability and build quality - it's unbeatable.
Old 26th November 2007, 12:04   #180
BHPian

Manish - Flyte quality is excellent, everyone has agreed that it is the best kinetic ever. plus it has a 3 year warranty period, longest in scooters. in fact i read that across the world SYM scooters have lifetime warranty thats how confident they are. so i m not worried and after few weeks of owning and riding flyte i m fully convinced (and in agreement with overdrive) it is right choice in scooters today.
Closed Thread