Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2011, 12:23   #1831
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well there is no provision to hold the spare tire on the Wego at the back AFAIK. So it has to be the grab handle that she has to hold on to. Is the support in terms of back rest or just something to grab onto. If its just to hold onto something then the grab handles at the back are good for the job.
To add to that, if in case u absolutely need something higher to hold on to, then perhaps a grabrail can be fabricated to fit on to the Wego. Something like that of an Avenger and then modified to the dimensions of the Wego. I am not sure of the warranty though.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:36   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition. Wishing you (and your dad) many happy miles on the Wego.
Thanks

Quote:
Well there is no provision to hold the spare tire on the Wego at the back AFAIK. So it has to be the grab handle that she has to hold on to. Is the support in terms of back rest or just something to grab onto. If its just to hold onto something then the grab handles at the back are good for the job.
I think it is more pyschological than anything. She says she feels more safe if there is a spare wheel mounted at the back. But I made her sit on an LML and she was ok with the inverted U-shaped bar as well. So I am actually looking for fabricating something like that and mount it with screws on the metal body and then use some cushion to soften the feel. Not a good idea I know but what other option have I got?

@Prajwal: Yupp exactly my thoughts. Let me see what I can come up with.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 3rd November 2011 at 16:38.
Old 8th November 2011, 20:59   #1833

As my booked Suzuki Access 125 is nowhere to be seen yet, I am thinking about going for Honda Aviator.

Is Honda Aviator worth the investment. I want to be sure.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 16:07   #1834
BHPian

I am planning to sell my 6 year old deo. Its old and showing its age. I need a replacement. I use it mostly for errands nearby the house. My wife might also use it occasionally.
We already have an activa so i need find a replacement. I have short listed the following now:

1. TVS Wego : Looks nice and modern. But not sure about reliability.
2. Mahindra Rodeo: Looks cool and loaded. Again reliability is suspect.
3. Suzuki Access: Too boring ( no offence meant to owners)

Do i have any other choices? Also, does any one here have any opinions on the above list of vehicles?
Old 11th November 2011, 22:27   #1835
BHPian

have the older gen honda aviator which came with paper air filter!
the odo reads 10k+ and is showing signs of air filter replacement!

the newer aviator has viscous air filter!and the paper air filter isn't in stock at my locality!

would like to know if it is possible to fit the viscous filter instead of the paper filter in the scooter?
Old 11th November 2011, 23:04   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Anyone facing the RIM rusting issue with the Honda Dio? My new DIO's (okay, 1.5 years now), rims have got rusted! Speaks a lot for Honda quality...! Mind it that I rarely use my 2 wheelers during monsoon and are covered properly. Are the RIM easily available? I doubt it..what's the cost?
Old 11th November 2011, 23:14   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Honda scooters are really dubious in quality. The Kinetic Honda was much better in this. My friend has a 6 month old activa which has problem with all the swithces on the console, the headlights, the dip switch. Also the self starter whines everytime you start. I think except the engine, all other parts can be compared to the cheapest tuk tuk. And all this for a premium price and a long waiting list.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 23:36   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Also the self starter whines everytime you start. I think except the engine, all other parts can be compared to the cheapest tuk tuk. And all this for a premium price and a long waiting list.
I too face the whining issue. When i tell the service guys, they tell me "first start should be a kick start" I have to perpetually do a kick start always to avoid the embarrassment in society. My Dio has also started rattlig despite the fact that I ride it on a smooth stretch of road!

I always preferred the Pleasure and wanted to buy either that or Wego, sadly, my wife didnt like the pleasure and Wego hadn't reached the showrooms in Mumbai till then.

What to do?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2011 at 19:48. Reason: spelling
Old 12th November 2011, 00:09   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Wego is available off the shelf here, but it is a tad more expensive than the activa or the access. But i have lost all trust in the HONDA badge after seeing this new activa with cheap parts.
Old 12th November 2011, 12:14   #1840
BHPian

the hondas were good yesteryears..but not anymore
my brother's aviator had headlight issues since 2nd month of purchase and now the seats dont close properly once opened.
there is also misalignment in front console!!

we had a kinetic honda which served us real well for 11 years and already feel stupid to have sold it!!

another point to note is the non availability of some spares..
all this made me tilt to get the yamaha FZ rather than honda dazzler!!
Old 12th November 2011, 16:16   #1841
Senior - BHPian

^^ I would agree. The parts are never available. Even smaller items like the rubber beads around the grab rails are never available. If they are available, then the pins that hold them together aren't available. I am done with 2 wheelers now, but if I have to buy any new 2 wheeler now, i would probably buy the Vespa.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 17:16   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I am planning to sell my 6 year old deo. Its old and showing its age. I need a replacement. I use it mostly for errands nearby the house. My wife might also use it occasionally.
We already have an activa so i need find a replacement. I have short listed the following now:

1. TVS Wego : Looks nice and modern. But not sure about reliability.
2. Mahindra Rodeo: Looks cool and loaded. Again reliability is suspect.
3. Suzuki Access: Too boring ( no offence meant to owners)

Do i have any other choices? Also, does any one here have any opinions on the above list of vehicles?
We're a TVS family and the history begins with a TVS Suzuki Max100R that my dad owns till this day. I've a 2004 TVS Victor still rattle free and on the road, and my Mom rides a 5 year old Scooty Pep that is real fun to drive and is also rattle free.

My Victor has done 54K km till date and has seen some parts failing: Battery regulator, CDI unit, some wiring issues, however one'd expect to have something fail once the vehicle starts to really age (>5 years). The parts quality is high, most seem to last a really long time. The chain lasted 40K, battery lasted 5 years, front TVS tire is yet to be changed, the clutch is yet to even cause problems, none of the cables were ever replaced. No rattles, nothing falling apart, no niggles.

I'd recommend TVS anytime. However, note, I've not ridden the Wego so I can't vouch for its reliability the same way as I can for my Victor.

Last edited by hellmet : 12th November 2011 at 17:18.
Old 12th November 2011, 17:18   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Anyone facing the RIM rusting issue with the Honda Dio? My new DIO's (okay, 1.5 years now), rims have got rusted! Speaks a lot for Honda quality...! Mind it that I rarely use my 2 wheelers during monsoon and are covered properly. Are the RIM easily available? I doubt it..what's the cost?
My Dio is a tad bit older than yours but fortunately I haven't faced this issue.
I also second your points about the quality of parts used and after sales service of HMSI.
My Dio's left and right turn indicator bulbs stopped working after a week of it's entry into our home,the Honda Mechanics screw up something or the other every time you give the vehicle for servicing and even now my Dio's choke isn't working! but keeping aside these issues,I'm fine with the other issues such as lack of the intensity of the stock headlights,weak horn,ergonomics that might suit a 3 footer,the great seats etc.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:18   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmint View Post
As my booked Suzuki Access 125 is nowhere to be seen yet, I am thinking about going for Honda Aviator.

Is Honda Aviator worth the investment. I want to be sure.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Hi Zmint,
we have a Honda Aviator in our home and with the expreience, i would suggest you to stay away from it. Suzuki Access is worth the wait, it is built better and will be more reliable than the Aviator.
RajeswaranK7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 15:33   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
My Victor has done 54K km till date and has seen some parts failing: Battery regulator, CDI unit, some wiring issues, however one'd expect to have something fail once the vehicle starts to really age (>5 years). The parts quality is high, most seem to last a really long time. The chain lasted 40K, battery lasted 5 years, front TVS tire is yet to be changed, the clutch is yet to even cause problems, none of the cables were ever replaced. No rattles, nothing falling apart, no niggles.

I'd recommend TVS anytime. However, note, I've not ridden the Wego so I can't vouch for its reliability the same way as I can for my Victor.
Glad to know that there was a company that produced quality products. Now, there is no such company, everyone wants to make money not name 'cos no matter what, there are enough and more people in India who needs a 2 wheeler and will buy one no matter what the review is. The ads play a huge role in this.
Closed Thread