Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 10th August 2012, 23:52   #2086
BHPian

Post Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Can you elaborate on why you feel the normal oil is not suting the Duro anymore? Has the FE gone down considerably, pick up is low? Does Mahindra workshop approve for engine oil changeover to synthetic.
Yes, you are correct on all counts. The normal engine oil is being gulped like water by the engine. Exhausted around 800-below 1000 kms; whereas SVC maintains that we can safely top-up engine oil around 1500 kms. FE has not gone down "considerably" but yes, it has decreased - and the slightest of throttling is reacted upon sharply by the fuel-meter. Pick-up works fine for single rider; however, with heavy pillion it groans and grunts which isn't an abnormal behavior for a gearless scooter. And regarding Mahindra Workshop, I have completed my warranty period long ago, so I don't give a damn esp. because they are not known for expert and efficient advice!

Have visited a couple of independent mechanics who are all of the opinion that changing the piston will solve these problems and are quoting around 2500-3000/- for the replacement. However, I am skeptical to this and would like to try out a better syn-engine oil. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Ensure you use the same or higher grade of synthetic oil if you are changing to it. Dont switch to lower grade. Will harm the engine in the long run with less lubrication.
Abhinav thanks again for that sound bit of advice! Will keep in mind your say regarding the semi-synthetic engine oil.
OT I am getting the delivery of my black RTR 180 tomorrow morning. Black "beast" on Saturday

Cheerz!
SJD.

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 10th August 2012 at 23:54.
Old 11th August 2012, 12:05   #2087
Distinguished - BHPian

Any way to protect the plastics of a scooter from fading? Would car dashboard polish help?
Old 11th August 2012, 13:07   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi
normal engine oil is being gulped like water by the engine. Exhausted around 800-below 1000 kms; whereas SVC maintains that we can safely top-up engine oil around 1500 kms.
SJD.
Indicates that an overhaul is required, IMHO. Might be best to invest in the new piston/rings, but the experts may think different. In any case a switch to synth will not help.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 14:28   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Did Pune - Mumbai -Pune in last 3days on my Wego.
Rode it single while going to Mumbai.

While coming to pune was double seat with a payload of nearly 145kgs.
Scooter had no issues in climbing the old lonavla ghat.

Averaged 40kpl, and it took 4 hours to reach Pune from dadar with 2 -25 min break

Ride quality is awesome , no backache at all, but seats being softly padded was not very comfortable on long ride.
Old 12th August 2012, 16:21   #2090

Hi - does anyone know how much a used scooty would cost in Noida? And how do go about looking? Looking for 125cc any make...
Old 12th August 2012, 20:28   #2091
Senior - BHPian

TVS MOTORS is OFFERING 5 YRS Warranty on new vehicles and any Tvs vehicle which is less than 8 months old can also avail of this extended warranty.

For Wego it is 710rs only.

This scheme is only valid from 11th aug to 21st Aug.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:50   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
TVS MOTORS is OFFERING 5 YRS Warranty on new vehicles and any Tvs vehicle which is less than 8 months old can also avail of this extended warranty.

For Wego it is 710rs only.

This scheme is only valid from 11th aug to 21st Aug.
Thanks Silverado. This means std 2 yrs + extended 3 years warranty is honored by TVS. But what does the extended warranty cover for Wego and what are excluded.
The reason I am asking is I took an EW for Honda Activa but the EW does not cover the suspensions, it just covers the engine.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:40   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This means std 2 yrs + extended 3 years warranty is honored by TVS. But what does the extended warranty cover for Wego and what are excluded.
Dear Ghodlur, got my wego under Extended warranty which is std 2 + extended 3 as you said.

They gave me a booklet to read ( which i will get in 3-4 days ) which has details of the parts included in extended warranty.

Suspension is included and they replace suspension in case there is oil leak.Clutch plate is one part which i remember is not included.

I will mention all the parts once i get the booklet.

Also an update - extended warranty cost me rs685 and any vehicle which is not more than 1 year old can avail of this facility.

If you buy a TVS vehicle between 11th Aug and 21st Aug, then you get extended warranty free, else you need to pay.
Old 13th August 2012, 17:29   #2094
Senior - BHPian

^Very nice gesture by TVS.
What are the service intervals for Wego?
Old 15th August 2012, 06:45   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

Got delivery of my (wifey's ) white Hero Maestro. Will post the review and pics soon. Yet to get the numberplate done and hence haven't taken the scoot out so much.

Dealership experience was very bad. It was like a well-organised government office, nothing more. They do whatever basic stuff is required and nothing more to please the customer. All the scooters in the showroom had damages from transit and manhandling- I would advice everyone to check the scooters before sending it for registration.
Old 15th August 2012, 11:16   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dealership experience was very bad. It was like a well-organised government office, nothing more. They do whatever basic stuff is required and nothing more to please the customer.
You can say that again. I had visited the showroom for test ride of Impulse. Their lack of interest in selling the vehicle and also the compulsory accessories imposed on the customer was too much for me to handle. Stormed out after a short ride vowing never to buy a vehicle from Hero Moto.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:15   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Just picked up a 2010 Dio done 6000 klicks. Thinkin of two things to do immediately:

1. Put in a K&N filter

2. Put in a better/higher wattage bulb.

How much will the filter cost me? And what wattage bulb can I upgrade to for the Dio?

Sorry, this is my first ever two wheeler outside the Yezdi/Jawa stable. Man, it feels comfy
Old 15th August 2012, 21:59   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just picked up a 2010 Dio done 6000 klicks. Thinkin of two things to do immediately:

1. Put in a K&N filter

2. Put in a better/higher wattage bulb.

How much will the filter cost me? And what wattage bulb can I upgrade to for the Dio?

Sorry, this is my first ever two wheeler outside the Yezdi/Jawa stable. Man, it feels comfy
K&N RC 1060 costs around 1300INR(+50 for fitting and tuning),Green 1400+50 and Cosworth 1500+50>>>all in J.C.Road.
I would suggest you to stick with the stock filter as it is waaay better than the above mentioned ones.
Just cut the lid of the air filter housing compartment and listen to it roar
You wont experience the stupid engine response at lower revs,as you do with aftermarket ones.
I used this method after I removed the Green A/F on my 2010 Dio.
Pic for reference(I still have it):
The Gearless Scooter Thread-random-0031.jpg
WRT to high wattage bulbs: Go for 35W 4300K HID bulbs (but your vehicle's battery will be sucked dry).
EDIT:You can cut squares/rectangles/stars/letters/logos etc out of the lid.
Most of my pals have rectangular cutouts.

Last edited by Patriot_Vishwas : 15th August 2012 at 22:08.
Old 15th August 2012, 22:48   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Two pics to welcome the newcomer to our family.

Did ~130 kms on the scooter today- the first time we got to take it out. Both of us (Me & wife) are pretty happy with the scooter till now. Its big and comfortable, very spacious, looks decent and has the well-known Activa engine.

Name:  IMG_7705d_800.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  388.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7713b_800.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  283.5 KB

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th August 2012 at 22:57.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:58   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Two pics to welcome the newcomer to our family.

Did ~130 kms on the scooter today- the first time we got to take it out. Both of us (Me & wife) are pretty happy with the scooter till now. Its big and comfortable, very spacious, looks decent and has the well-known Activa engine.
Congratulations. The scooter looks fresh in white and without any of those annoying graphics. Mind sharing the OTR cost and the accessories (if any) installed. What about the EW, does Hero offer it and if so how much?

Waiting for a full fledged report with lots of pics. happy driving and drive safely, use helmet always.
Closed Thread